• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Hammerfall Grow Log 2012

Hi Guys,
moved in my house un july 2011, so in 2012 That will be my first Big garden of pepper and 1st try at Superhots!

Here's some pics of my actual setup (cleanup to do) and some pic of my germination seeds.
Listing to come but you can read what is in the Germ Chamber :) )
about 4 of each seeds per "jiffy"

IMG_6097.jpg

IMG_6100.jpg

IMG_6101.jpg

IMG_6102.jpg

IMG_6103.jpg

IMG_6105.jpg

hellsyeah!Great log Hammerfall...nice lookin grows goin on , definitely have some "fire in the hole" there(hmmm-to clarify that -we say that as a warning before detonating explosives :hell: ,at THP -some will construe a double meaning :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:)!

Ok my bell pepper (which is pretty pale) stared today to have orange cheeks ...

dont know if it will all turn orange or i have something weird...

question: DOES orange bell pepper start deep green color or stay pretty pale before the orange color kick,s in ?

Ok my first test subject of the year... My Choc Fatalii
still have my mouth numb...

ok i have read here and there that the choc fatalii was not hot and taste like earth....
personnaly i have started with the tip of the pepper... the par not supose to be so hot... taste a bit like celery
after that i cut a slice on the long slice and ate it... taste good similar to my apache pepper and the heat i would say it,s above cayenne peppers.
i like it. my mind was set for a earthy not hot pepper.... my god... not the case!!! near the stem i lick it and my lips went numb like if i had taken a fist on the mouth!

so That's good for the season so far! (i will keep the seeds!) Look at the bastard!

here,s some pics of the subject that pass under the blade...

IMG_6550.jpg

same subject with a flash on the camera
IMG_6549.jpg

and this is my Unknown Bell Pepper... starting to change color...
IMG_6546.jpg

same Bell (Unknown Grrrr :mad: )
IMG_6545.jpg

well dont know if they will be like that.... but it was my first Choc Fatali try in my life...

sure i will grow more! 2 days ago i was asking myself why put time on that variety since it wont be hot or good...
been completely wrong! and my plants (i have about or 4 of them are throwing pods like crazy :)

if they all look like this first one... my god i will make some nice sauce and recipes! :)

small update:

Hand polenisation does wonder in a house!
each 2 days i hand polenise all my peppers and it's unbeleivable the difference it makes!
my Butch T's are now with at least 12 pods each (very nice BIG pods!) and the plant is still in a beer glass in plastic
wait till it goes in a 5 gallon pot or directly in the garden!!! but this moment will be in 2 months appprox... i think this week i will oversize some pots to help my crop and plant size (dont know where i will all pput those plants!!!!) my lady starts to find that loaded with plants... i need to put up my second setup (my fridge will be moved out friday) so i will have a good spacing :) )

Beautiful pic of the chocolate fatali! I'm amazed at how many pods you have in the late winter/early spring. That bell pepper has a very similar color to a Antohi Romanian pepper I grew last year, but the shape is more bell like than the Antohi.

The beell indeed look like a blushing beauty. i tried one yesterday. very crisp and bell taste.
was suppose to be a Choc fatali...

small update... i have tried a cross... an Aji Lemon drop with a Butch T (mother plant is But T and use aji polen for the cross... and it did work :)
cant wait to see if the pod will reach maturity ! if so will anxiously wait to start this cross to see what can it offer ? a citrus scorp?
more info to come :)

Nice... still waiting to see if my Tepin x White Hab crosses will set. They're about all that's flowering at the moment, so not much else to do... :whistle:

Good luck, David. From my research, in Chinense x Baccatum crosses, the resulting seeds from the F1s germinate normally, but the fertility is touch and go. If you're really serious about it, you could have a pretty cool cross if you keep trying to stabilize it. Lemon drops and ButchTs are both really delicious peppers, though I prefer the Lemon Drop since the heat isn't completely overwhelming!

In any case, cool to hear that you are being adventurous with your chilies!

For sure if this cross is fertile and grow something cool i will continue it!
make it to gen 8 or 9 to have something "pure" !
to have more chance i will try to make more than one pepper like that.

Now my biker billy jalapeno are getting bigger and bigger (yesterday sunbath outside for them!)
so when a flower will pop out i will try to polenise it with some Butch T or Brain strain pollen!!!!
woudl just love to make something unusall adapted to our northern condition. i think that would be a nice step.
we are just hasting what motehr nature do with bees over time...

The trouble is that when you get to F4 and F5 you start getting more random recessive traits popping up, and like inbreeding normally works some of these traits are undesirable... doesn't mean that it isn't worth trying, just that it becomes kind of annoying to find the diamond in the rough.

Looking forward to hearing your progress on the crosses.

That Choc Fatalii is quite juicy looking......man that would really kick up the average bowl of chilli...

Greg

Ok small update (need to go to work!)

My first dwarf size pod of Butch T is turning into a fluo orange color for now :)
and i also have my first Peach bhut pod turning also color. getting to the orange peach tint (photo tonight)

so far so good :)

and i have sold some plants to friends to spread the heat and help me build up some clients for next year if i want to sell more of those rare plants around here.
up from an habanero plant there is nothing around here that im aware of... let's change that ahhahahah

That sounds awesome! Can't wait to see the Peach Bhut. I've got some of those going myself and want to see what I (hopefully) have to look forward to. And keep spreading the heat!

Back