• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Hammerfall Grow Log 2012

Hi Guys,
moved in my house un july 2011, so in 2012 That will be my first Big garden of pepper and 1st try at Superhots!

Here's some pics of my actual setup (cleanup to do) and some pic of my germination seeds.
Listing to come but you can read what is in the Germ Chamber :) )
about 4 of each seeds per "jiffy"

IMG_6097.jpg

IMG_6100.jpg

IMG_6101.jpg

IMG_6102.jpg

IMG_6103.jpg

IMG_6105.jpg

90/200 seeds that has sprouted (45%)
34/47 different variety with at least one sprout (72.3%)

and 6 perfect score (100% seeds grew)

Double Flower on my peach bhut!
IMG_6113.jpg

Here's my plate of new babies! :
IMG_6115.jpg

zooming in the plate :
IMG_6116.jpg

IMG_6117.jpg

3 leaves :
IMG_6119.jpg

The rest of the plantation ;)

Notice the Choc Fatalii flowering in the top right corner....
IMG_6125.jpg

The choc Fatalii flower close up:

Huge Brain strain plant so far very wide!!!
IMG_6129.jpg

Weird looking Neon Hab:
IMG_6128.jpg

and this one looks nice! :
IMG_6127.jpg

IMG_6122.jpg

IMG_6123.jpg

IMG_6124.jpg

Some TEST : Edamamea! :)
IMG_6135.jpg

And for my Buddy TED ! :
IMG_6118.jpg

Awesome start David!
With the plants and the new edition :D

Congratulations you guys. Beautifull name as well. Keep us posted.
My Daughter whos 20months now sure looked alot like yours when she was that age. pretty crazy!

Update (since Olivia was born :) )

IMG_6209.jpg

IMG_6210.jpg

IMG_6211.jpg

IMG_6212.jpg

IMG_6213.jpg

IMG_6214.jpg

Yellow Bhut Jolokia (1/4)
Chili Di Agua (4/4)
Naga Jolikia Purple (0/4)
Yellow Fatalii (2/4)
Aji Yellow (2/4)
Naga Morich (0/4)
Devil's Tongue Red (2/4)
Cayenne Long Louisiane (5/5)
Bhut Jolokia (chocolate) (3/4)
7 pot Cardi Red (2/4)
7 pot douglah (0/4)
Anaheim (2/4)
Numex Big Jim (2/4)
Aji Lemon Drop (3/4)
Naga Viper (original strain) (4/4)
Yellow Datil (2/4)
Cayenne (3/4)
Biker Billy Jalapeno (3/4)
Fatalii (0/4)
Feferoni (2/4)
Ghost Scorpion Hybrid (4/4)
Peach Lantern Habanero (4/4)
Ghost Lantern Hybrid (3/4)
Cayenne Ring Of fire (4/5)
Red Hot paper Lantern (4/4)
Aji Omnicolor (4/4)
Red Cheiro (2/4)
Aji Bolsa de Dolce (4/4)
Tio (1/5)
Fresno (3/4)
Douglah x Butch T (3/4)
Bhut Jolokia Red (3/4)
Bonda Ma Jacques (0/4)
Maya Red Habanero (3/4)
Hanoi Red (0/4)
Maui Purple (0/4)
7 Pot Chocolate (1/4)
7 Pot Barrackpore (4/4)
Trinidad Scorpion Morouga Red (3/4)
Trinidad Scorpion Morouga Yellow (4/4)
Jamaican Yellow (4/4)
Huge Yellow Congo Trinidad (3/4)
7 Pot Chiguana (4/4)
7 Pot Red (4/4)
Scotch Bonnet (3/4)
Naga Viper "Teb B" (2/5)
Hot Mix ( cayenne, Ancho, bomb, Anahiem tmr23, Jalapeno) (9/12)

125/200 seeds that has sprouted (62.5%)
40/47 different variety with at least one sprout (85.1%)

and 13 perfect score (100% seeds grew)

Updte to come i have a major transplant to do! my small jiffy pellet are loadead plant get tall and start tunrning a bit yellow! they need new soil and more space for roots!

will try to do that soon to save at least 2 plant of each variety! i have some plant already at 2 feet tall

NEED SPACE and hot weather!

yep... next year i might start more in mid january...
and probably less variety.

i want to taSTE as much as i can this year to steer my next seasons according to what i will prefer and love.
probably i wont grow too much super hot and make more room for tastier and easier to cook with peppers next year...
but this year 2012 will be a very Hot one !

Final Verdict (dont think anymore will germ after all this time....)

Yellow Bhut Jolokia (3/4)
Chili Di Agua (4/4)
Naga Jolikia Purple (0/4)
Yellow Fatalii (2/4)
Aji Yellow (2/4)
Naga Morich (1/4)
Devil's Tongue Red (2/4)
Cayenne Long Louisiane (5/5)
Bhut Jolokia (chocolate) (3/4)
7 pot Cardi Red (2/4)
7 pot douglah (0/4) - That's not cool.......
Anaheim (2/4)
Numex Big Jim (2/4)
Aji Lemon Drop (3/4)
Naga Viper (original strain) (4/4)
Yellow Datil (2/4)
Cayenne (3/4)
Biker Billy Jalapeno (3/4)
Fatalii (0/4) That's not cool.......
Feferoni (2/4)
Ghost Scorpion Hybrid (4/4)
Peach Lantern Habanero (4/4)
Ghost Lantern Hybrid (3/4)
Cayenne Ring Of fire (4/5)
Red Hot paper Lantern (4/4)
Aji Omnicolor (4/4)
Red Cheiro (2/4)
Aji Bolsa de Dolce (4/4)
Tio (1/5)
Fresno (3/4)
Douglah x Butch T (3/4)
Bhut Jolokia Red (3/4)
Bonda Ma Jacques (0/4) That's not cool.......
Maya Red Habanero (3/4)
Hanoi Red (0/4)
Maui Purple (0/4)
7 Pot Chocolate (1/4)
7 Pot Barrackpore (4/4)
Trinidad Scorpion Morouga Red (3/4)
Trinidad Scorpion Morouga Yellow (4/4)
Jamaican Yellow (4/4)
Huge Yellow Congo Trinidad (3/4)
7 Pot Chiguana (4/4)
7 Pot Red (4/4)
Scotch Bonnet (3/4)
Naga Viper "Teb B" (2/5)
Hot Mix ( cayenne, Ancho, bomb, Anahiem tmr23, Jalapeno) (9/12)

129/200 seeds that has sprouted (64.5%)
41/47 different variety with at least one sprout (87.23%)

and 13 perfect score (100% seeds grew)

So now the time is to wait for the sun to heat the land and the frost to get out of here!

Good news i bought today 4 new double tube 4' T12 Fluo (10$ each with the fluo tubes include!!!!)

just need to thras the old fridge outside and make myself some space for my 2 feet tall plants.... that starts to need more space!!!!
have some plenty of Butch T flowers and Peach Bhut flowers (one Peach bhut beginning to form.. now it's about 3/4 inch long!!!! ) but i have lot's of flowers dropping (dammit)
dont know what to do yet to have a better rate of flower setting in..
but as long as i have around 5 pepper of each to test and keep seeds it should be enough for my first year at that....

More pic to come after part 2 of my room is established... (ok my lady find me crazy.... just like most of us i think... )
love that hobby!

Will receive soon some seed of an interesting Cross.... Bhut Carbon x 7 pot for sure i will try to grow them as soon as i have them to have a look at those this year!!!
hope it's not too late yet! (go spicegeist ;) )

Looks like you caught the same bug as me, David! I have had so much trouble restraining myself for variety, that I find myself with 45 varieties germinating as of 15 minutes ago! Where did you get that greenhouse, by the way? It looks like a cool setup. Also, what kind of lighting rig do you use? I'm trying to decide what lights I want to go with to supplement the sunlight here in Michigan February! I also need to get some growth medium and some more buckets/nursery pots before all is said and done. Great job on the daughter, too! It's always fun having kids in the mix!

Hi Hendrix!

my light are just 4 feet long shop light (using t8 or t12 fluo bulb)
i curently have 2 different "color" bulb in the same light one bulb emiting a 6500K light and the other one emitting a 4100K
and my bulb are T8

my greenhouse was bought on the classified adds got it for 40$ i think it's perfect in a cold basement cause it's not too big, easy to fit some light in it (the light provide just enough heat to have a constant ambiant temp of around 27Celcius when my door is closed (most of the time... so there is not too much heat in there so i dont have to worry about problem related to the "too hot" side.

the basic greenhouse has only shelf on each side (that why i tweaked it to be able to fit lights and put a mid shelf for taller plant so far.
and on top i have my small seedling that are near enough the light source!
it's incredible what can 2 shop light can do to those peppers!
if i had put a more powerfull light that would have probably cause me melting problem or big problem related to that heat.

also my shop light cost me nearly nothing... you can get cheap one at around 15$ in any good hardware store.
take 2 differnt light bulb to have a wider "spectrum of light". today i bought 4 new shop light from the classified add... 10$ each bulb included!!!
all was still in an unopened box!

i have taken out some Butch T and Peach Bhut Plant they are now in my livingroom near the windows the plants are at least 2 feet tall! and full of flower!
i also have alredy one peach bhut pod! hope i will have plenty more!!!!!! but the plant drop flowers... maybe it' sbeacuse of the new place and the new bigger pot!
anyway the season has not yet started!

keep looking my glog i will update it often

Hey Hammer, you got a heck of a grow going on in that little tent! Your older plants look really great! I use shoplights too. $10 each baby! I am afraid that the reason your new starts are getting so tall and yellow might be because they are reaching for more light. I keep mine within about 2" of the seedlings. That's great that you got a couple more lights, maybe you could set them at different levels for the different size plants...

maybe the 20-20-20 dosent help either :whistle: one aji yellow grow like corn... maybe i will top his head to have some width later....

anyway soon those big plant will be out of this nice cocoon and put to some colder temp around 20c to slow them a bit...
will help them to be ready for the northern climate also!

Ok so Far in my test...

3 Unknown belll pepper (pale green) are now the size of 2 golf ball (supposed to be choc fatalii... mismatch of seed or a mutant)
1 choc fatalii pod 1 inch long and one or 2 flowers seems to have set! (the white flower as turn very qucikly to brown and whitered... my indication so far of a good pod that sets)
one peach bhut pod (about 3/4 inch long)
Just saw my first BUTCH T pod !!!! WOOT !!!

also have my 2 small plants of apache throwing pods like crazy (and the plant is not even 6 inch tall!)
love that!

Look like my First BUTCH T !!!!

IMG_6307.jpg

And here my first pod of PEACH Bhut Jolokia!!!
IMG_6310.jpg

and some unknown pepper... (look like a pale bell... ) was supposed to be a choc fatalii
IMG_6302.jpg

Back