• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Harvest time

hahahaha you would've had to take your shoes off as well to count all those!! :P

Seriously though, another great haul for you. Very jealous man here

Thanks Grimus, which varieties have you got planned for next year? I think I'll scrap the Jalapenos (I give most away anyway), Choc Habs (can't say I'm a big fan) and Afghan Long (very little heat) for next season but I haven't decided on any additions yet. The Yellow7s, Fatali and Serrano are a must from now on.

well... i've been very lucky trading, and having seeds gifted along with buying aswell, so this should be the list all going to plan...

7 pod
7 barrackpore
7 yellow (2 sources)
7 jonah
7 brainstrain (still to arrive)
7 douglah
7 SR strain (still to arrive)
Fatalii (2 sources)
T Scorp (Butch T)
T Scorp orange (still to arrive)
T Scorp yellow CARDI (still to arrive)
Orange Hab
chocolate hab
Carribean Red Hab
Aji Amarillo
Aji Lemon
Aji Crystal
Rocoto Red
Goats Weed
Black Pearl
Yellow hungarian
Red thai hot
Bhut jolokia
Dorset Naga
Bhut jolokia lemon
bonda ma jaques
red congo trinidad
jalapeno
yellow congo
Wild fire.

And apparently i have my wedding to go to in Feb, but i might have to tell Mrs Grimus to be that i will be too busy picking pods.... (fingers crossed!!!)

Silver_Surfer said:
Another great harvest Jimmy. You're giving me the fresh pod blues. :)

It won't be long and you'll be giving me the blues.
Hey Grimus, I hope the Dorset does better in NZ, I'm thinking they don't like the heat of Melbourne's summer because they only started setting when things cooled down. Unfortunately that was a little too late for me to get many. Has anyone else had problems with the Dorset in hotter climes or is it just me?

hmmmm you might be right there,seeing as though it was bred for the UK if i'm not mistaken. our climate should be fairly similar to theirs, with a bit more sun. Fingers crossed. What are you lining up to grow for next year mate?

Yeh I'm the same jimmy, the pods are ripening up late for all my bhuts. bihs. nagas etc, but hey you should see the size of my Bhut Jolokia Assam, they're easy triple the size of the others (didn't do too well with the Choc bhuts though ...pics to come in the next few days
SeeYouJimmy said:
It won't be long and you'll be giving me the blues.
Hey Grimus, I hope the Dorset does better in NZ, I'm thinking they don't like the heat of Melbourne's summer because they only started setting when things cooled down. Unfortunately that was a little too late for me to get many. Has anyone else had problems with the Dorset in hotter climes or is it just me?

Grimus said:
hmmmm you might be right there,seeing as though it was bred for the UK if i'm not mistaken. our climate should be fairly similar to theirs, with a bit more sun. Fingers crossed. What are you lining up to grow for next year mate?
You might be right, that's why I'll try the Morich next year. I'm thinking I'll go with the 2 Nagas, TS, Jonah, Bih, Fatali, Cayenne, Serrano amd Y7s. I might try the Bhut too but haven't decided on a final list.

JungleRain said:
Yeh I'm the same jimmy, the pods are ripening up late for all my bhuts. bihs. nagas etc, but hey you should see the size of my Bhut Jolokia Assam, they're easy triple the size of the others (didn't do too well with the Choc bhuts though ...pics to come in the next few days

I'm getting a lot more Bihs than Nagas but they were still later than most everything else. I thought I was going to finally get loads of them but the cold snap we had recently has probably ruined about 100 pods on one plant... boo. Looking forward to seeing your pics.

This will be my last decent harvest for the year,I picked a lot of green pods in the vain hope this will help the others ripen. The cold weather has set in now and I'm not getting a lot ripen up anymore. I did however get a fairly decent crop of Dorsets, with about as many still ripening. Fingers crossed they make it. Not sure what I'll do yet with the green Afghans but the Jalapenos might just get a good pickling. The Tabasco plants look like they're going to keep on keeping on, they're not showing any effects from the cold weather at all. I'll still get a few here and there from most plants but nothing decent. Anyway:
8610001.jpg

Jalapenos, Cayenne, Tabasco:
8610002.jpg

Serrano, Afghan Long (note the lone ripe pod :( ), a few Jonahs and Choc Habs, Fatali, Bih Jolokia and Yellow 7Pot:
8610003.jpg

Dorset Nagas:
8610005.jpg

Must be about time to start next year's seeds, now where did I put those heat mats....

Thanks SeeYouJimmy.

Hopefully they will. Might not pinch my plants when they first flower (unless i see that i can stand to wait for more!) as this us my first year to grow anything. Too darn excited to pinch 'em. Probably a bad move. Never had them before, i might as well have a taste before they get to a fully grown plant. That's just me.

Tears indeed! Tears from the heat of 'em peppers! Lol.

Back