• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Harvest time

SeeYouJimmy said:
The JD Pepper plant only gave me one ripe pod but I'm pretty happy with the size of it......

Hmm, I need to find one of those VERY RARE: Johnnie Walker Blue plants! If I do, I must admit my planting list sure would get alot smaller! :woohoo:

Maligator said:
Hmm, I need to find one of those VERY RARE: Johnnie Walker Blue plants! If I do, I must admit my planting list sure would get alot smaller! :woohoo:

;)

I've pickled a few peppers:

013.jpg

In here are red and green Jalapenos, Serrano, Fatali, Choc Hab, Tabasco, 1 Dorset (the one that looks like a fat man's leg....), 1 Scorpion and a couple of small Bihs. I fried them lightly in a little extra virgin olive oil for about a minute and added 2 halved garlic cloves when I turned the heat off. I used apple cider vinegar. I know most people prefer them crunchy when pickled but I prefer them soft and mushy, hence the light frying. Still coughing now though but that's to be expected.

SeeYouJimmy said:
After an hour and a half of back breaking labour (and thankfully not much crawling on the wet ground... although ground crawling = ripe Jonahs) here's a tribute to SS:

009-1.jpg

That's some mighty tasty stuff you have there and those peppers look inviting as well. ;)

Clockwise from bottom, Bih Jolokia, Serrano, Dorset Naga, Tabasco, Trinidad Scorpion and a solitary Jonah 7Pot in the centre:
007-2.jpg

Cheers all, I hope I still have a few more of these left.
Silver_Surfer said:
Great haul Jimmy!!! You drying all of those?

Yellow 7s are destined for freezer, most everything else for dryer and I might have a second attempt at making a sauce with the Fatalis. I powdered a heap of Fatalis last weekend, the smell is amazing. I felt like taking a big sniff but I know what the consequences would be.....

SeeYouJimmy said:

Yellow 7s are destined for freezer, most everything else for dryer and I might have a second attempt at making a sauce with the Fatalis. I powdered a heap of Fatalis last weekend, the smell is amazing. I felt like taking a big sniff but I know what the consequences would be.....

Perhaps we could ask Neil about it ;)

Btw: really fine looking harvest

SeeYouJimmy said:

Fatalii powder is terrific; I use it on my eggs every morning.

Another little harvest. Fatali, Afghan Long, Bih Jolokia, Jalapeno, Serrano, Cayenne, only 2 Jonahs :(, Yellow 7Pot, Choc Habs and Tabasco:
001-11.jpg

Damn it's cold and windy today, winter is closer than it's ever been but I have a lot of pods ripening at the moment so I should still get plenty more.

I hadn't gotten around to much picking lately, other than what I've been eating so this harvest turned out quite good:
004-2.jpg

Cayenne, Tabasco, Serrano, Jalapeno and Afghan Long:
006-1.jpg

Dorset Naga, Yellow 7Pot, 7Pot Jonah and Bih Jolokia:
007-3.jpg

I haven't been happy with the Dorsets, they took forever to set fruit and when they finally came the cold weather has been knocking the plants and pods around (hence picking semi-ripe pods). I'll have another go next year but I'd like to try out the Naga Morich aswell.

Trinidad Scorpion, Fatali:
009-3.jpg

Grimus said:
How many plants of each mate?

You mean you're going to make me count.... geez...;)
3 Fatali, 3 Choc Hab, 3 Yellow 7Pot (had 5 but 2 kicked the bucket a while back) 2 Bih, 1 Scorpion, Dorsets all from 1 plant (2 turned to shit a while back but didn't die and 1 other has all the pods ruined by the cold weather), 3 Jonah, 2 Afghan, 2 Cayenne, 2 Tabasco, 3 Serrano and 4 Jalapeno. I have more Bihs and Scorpions in the ground but they grew slow and were overshadowed by the bigger ones and I couldn't be arsed digging them up and moving them. I think I'll dig them up soon and put them in pots though for next year.

Back