Hello from "The Rock"!

Hi,
I'm Rob. And I'm a pepperhead.....

I live in/on Kodiak, Alaska. The summers get way up there, into the 70's sometimes!! And the 9 months of winter flies right by! But the growing season gets crazy amounts of "daylight". So yeah...I'm trying to grow outdoors this year. The last few years the peppers became stunted and only produced a few pods each plant. I'm looking for help in a cold environment!

Hello from oklahoma. Ask away theres someone out here that has done the cold climate thing for sure You may have to start them early before the spring warm weather gets there.

HI Alaska!

former Alaskan (Anchorage 5 years) and married to a former 25 year Alaskan flyfisherman/guide resident! We live in Vegas now and it was 97 degrees today! But that is some really beautiful country! My mom still lives in Kenai/Soldotna area, too... We'll stick to the heat!

Good luck with the peppers! we had pretty good luck with grow lights indoors until it was hot enough and did OK, but nothing like here of course.

Welcome!

Welcome from lower SW Minnesota, lots of growers familiar with growing in cold areas so you should get a lot of helpful suggestions.

Welcome from Fort Worth

Back