Hi there from tropical Queensland, Australia

Hi there,
my name is Josh and I have been growing chillies for many years now. Rainbow chillies were about the extent of it for the last decade. Then several years ago, I got my hands on an orange habanero plant. I loved them so much that the next week I ended up buying so many plants, the lady serving me asked if I was starting a market garden. I ended up developing a chillie sauce recipe that I and many friends feel is better than any mass produced sauces. I usually always have bottles of hab sauce in my fridge and even make a less hot one for my wife which is watered down with birds eyes.
Somewhere amongst looking after the orange habs I got hooked, so last year I started to grow Bhuts and Scorpions, along with white and chocolate habs, probably about 15 plants all up. That was the start of a steep learning curve and they all got destroyed by several possums and by spiralling whitefly (which turned out to be everywhere in the suburb I lived).
This year, I am in a different suburb which is (so-far) spiralling whitefly free, I have about 70 plants planned or already growing, which I will prob put in the ground along the fence and have my prized ones in tomato pots. If the bats and cane toads promise to leave them alone this should be a good year, I am excited to see how they do. The temperature is back on the rise and I want to get a good harvest before the wet season kicks in late January and a cyclone comes and destroys all my plants in early February.
I am looking forward to sharing pics of my plants with you all and looking at yours also, and hopefully I will learn something about horticulture so I have more of a clue about what I am doing.

If you have read this far, thankyou, and I will see you in the forums.

G'day from another Queenslander!

:welcome:

And don't get me started on them bloody possums!! Sounds like my last season except instead of whiteflies, I was lucky enough to have spider mites thrown into the combo.

Welcome from Southfield Michigan.

May You Soul Rest In Peppers

HERE

4386562877_0488df8fc1.jpg

NJA

Howdy from Tejas, by way of Ohio!
I want to officially invite you to join in September's throwdown - it's going to be the newbies vs. the oldies (a.k.a. "veterans"), and us newbies have got to make a strong show. Hope you can join us!

G

Check out the Throwdown thread for more info.

Howdy from Tejas, by way of Ohio!
I want to officially invite you to join in September's throwdown - it's going to be the newbies vs. the oldies (a.k.a. "veterans"), and us newbies have got to make a strong show. Hope you can join us!

G

Check out the Throwdown thread for more info.

Looks fun Geeme. Will have to give it a red hot go for sure.

Looks fun Geeme. Will have to give it a red hot go for sure.

:welcome:
Welcome to the newbie team! September's throwdown is supposed to be beef-less burgers; you've got plenty of time to prepare. Peruse some of the past throwdowns to see what it's all about!

Back