• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Hot-N-Heavy 2010

Here it comes!!

Paul's freezer has reached capacity........so it MUST be time to can some peppers!!! :dance:

This year, I grew 5 orange habanero plants and 3 cayennes. I've mainly been dehydrating my habaneros for powder...like this:

100_2179.jpg

But, I did manage to stuff some of the little beauties into gallon-size freezer bags......along with the cayennes:

100_2183.jpg

Sooooooooo.....whithout any further delay......let the mayhem commence!

100_2184.jpg

Into the SS sink we go for de-stemming. Just look at those little beauties!!

100_2186.jpg

YESSSSSSS.......396 orange rectal bombs.......and they're ALL MINE!!!

How do I know there are 396?

100_2187.jpg

Because I COUNTED them!!!

100_2189.jpg

Here's a gratuitous shot of my 60's model Waring blender and ANOTHER 100 habs drying in the RONCO:

100_2190.jpg

to be continued....

paulky_2000 said:
Time for a victory beer:

100_2253.jpg

That's it for now.....I'll be updating as I get through all those damn cayennes!

PEACE-OUT!
dancingpepper.gif
Awesome stuff Paul! I'm not sure you have enough variety in you hotsauce collection.. Jesus.. got to be over 100?!

:cool:

+1 year ....sweet....... this is a great, fun thread.

Here it comes!!

Paul's freezer has reached capacity........so it MUST be time to can some peppers!!! :dance:

This year, I grew 5 orange habanero plants and 3 cayennes. I've mainly been dehydrating my habaneros for powder...like this:

100_2179.jpg

But, I did manage to stuff some of the little beauties into gallon-size freezer bags......along with the cayennes:

100_2183.jpg

Sooooooooo.....whithout any further delay......let the mayhem commence!

100_2184.jpg

Into the SS sink we go for de-stemming. Just look at those little beauties!!

100_2186.jpg

YESSSSSSS.......396 orange rectal bombs.......and they're ALL MINE!!!

How do I know there are 396?

100_2187.jpg

Because I COUNTED them!!!

100_2189.jpg

Here's a gratuitous shot of my 60's model Waring blender and ANOTHER 100 habs drying in the RONCO:

100_2190.jpg

to be continued....
Paul, I don't know if you're still out there, but I wanted to make it known that this post is what initially made me want to get into growing peppers and making hot sauce. Your energy inspired some dumb young stoned kid slacking off at work and gave him a life goal: To be just like paulky_2000!

I just wanted to learn more about making sauces but seeing your massive harvest and how good of a time you always had processing peppers was all it took. That was the life I wanted. I recently found this specific thread again after over a decade and couldn't be more happy, it's even better than I remember! Thanks for everything, bud!
Cheers :cheers::dance:

Back