Hot Sauce Box Packaging / No Tape or Bubble Wrap

I'm involved as a partner with them and help with design and R&D. Previous to making hot sauce I was in the design industry for 20+ years.

I'll get this info in and get it back to both of you. I can tell you for custom printing on the box itself you'd want to go with no less than 1500.

Lucky Dog... I'd suggest emailing your idea of how you want it branded to SAFE [AT] HOTSAUCEBOX.COM along with amount of colors of ink or single color etc.

They got hold of me, thanks - appreciate you passing that along for me. XMas was my single biggest event and the single biggest sales week in my company's history. I expect even better this year. :cheers: 

I plan on using foam (can get it by the rolls here at work), it's thin and flexible and nice and soft, I would still want to line the box with something though, especially on the top/bottom.  How much jostle room is there in there?

Kalitarios said:
I plan on using foam (can get it by the rolls here at work), it's thin and flexible and nice and soft, I would still want to line the box with something though, especially on the top/bottom.  How much jostle room is there in there?
With these Hot Sauce Boxes there is no need for extra foam, bubble wrap etc. It was created to reduce materials, especially plastics and be more compostable and environmentally friendly. There is very little wiggle room once they're packed. We've shipped our sauces around the World with no breakage.

Could you please email me a quote for the boxes with the peekaboo window, branded...same numbers as LDHS and Hell Raising to Tracey@feistyparrot.com. Funnily enough I've just been looking into gift pack options.

Hell Raising Hot Sauce

"My brother-in-law is a packaging engineer (yes, he actually went to college for that) for Target and I've got him on the case". 

Does he do other types of custom packaging? I have a side step project that I am working on at the moment and having trouble sourcing the packaging I need :rolleyes: 

10500275_253442141523335_833017039916655375_n.jpg

Definitiely like, and I already use the medium priority bubble mailers...Not in a position though to spend right now...Maybe before the holidays though!  but, i'm a fan.

GeminiCrow said:
10500275_253442141523335_833017039916655375_n.jpg

Definitiely like, and I already use the medium priority bubble mailers...Not in a position though to spend right now...Maybe before the holidays though!  but, i'm a fan.

Looking real good.

On another topic.

We've been tossing this blog idea around. Would everyone be interested if we started blogging on the Hot Sauce Box website on how to better market, brand, sell etc. your hot sauces? Let us know. If the interest isn't really there we won't spend the time doing it. Or should I post this somewhere else in this forum?

FeistyParrot said:
Hell Raising Hot Sauce

"My brother-in-law is a packaging engineer (yes, he actually went to college for that) for Target and I've got him on the case". 

Does he do other types of custom packaging? I have a side step project that I am working on at the moment and having trouble sourcing the packaging I need :rolleyes: 
Hey Parrot, sorry I did not see this before. My BOL works for Target (which is HQ in downtown Minneapolis).  He is helping with design details, because while I can handle the creative and marketing aspects, the engineering and development side of things often confuse me. Locally he might also have some decent vendor contacts for stuff like boxes and bubble wrap.

adoboloco,  about the blog...

I'm not sure how many eyes of those who would really need/want/buy packaging would be on it here on THP.  There are a couple FB groups that have a LOT more industry people that regularly participate.  FB groups-
Chileheads
Hot Sauce
Fire Talkers
Peppers and More

Do the blog and get on the FB groups and do regular posts, updates, specials,....yaddayaddayadda.... and also post here!.  I think you will get out to a lot more industry people by using the FB groups.  And I'm talking MAJOR industry players watch and participate in these groups.  

Feisty-
google "custom packaging" and "your city" there are lots of companies that create packaging.  Did a similar search recently for WA and found 3 in Seattle and one in Bellingham that can custom design packaging for just about anything.  

Oooooo ! .... corrugated material.
 I did that for 11 years (along w/polystyrene) before going to Navistar.

Looks good !

Hope it grows for you !

As I write this my sauce is in production.  So excited.  Now I'm looking at packaging options, foam rolls, envelopes, boxes, etc.  Much of the stuff I can order here at work, but after revisiting this thread I like the idea of reduced materials.  I'm checking out the website now.

Update: Saw your sale and free shipping so got 2 of your 150 packs.  Thanks again, I'm all for the reduction in plastics and non-bio degradable shipping options.  I'd love to see if custom print jobs are available in the future.

Back