Hot Sauce Box Packaging / No Tape or Bubble Wrap

People seem to love the 3-box.  Wish there was a way to snug the center bottle a tad more though... the outer two are snug but the middle tends to bounce around a bit.  So far no issues!

I believe that's by design, if the middle was snug, they would all be pressed against each other and a shock to one side could cause breakage.

PS. Very nice!

We received our boxes last week...very cool!

I see my awesome photographic skills are at it again...this pic is the right way up in my files!

Hot Sauce Box.jpg

Kalitarios said:
People seem to love the 3-box.  Wish there was a way to snug the center bottle a tad more though... the outer two are snug but the middle tends to bounce around a bit.  So far no issues!

The Hot Pepper said:
I believe that's by design, if the middle was snug, they would all be pressed against each other and a shock to one side could cause breakage.

PS. Very nice!

Yes exactly... that is by design. If it's to tight and any pressure is put on the outside of the box, it'll pop the bottles.

Glad all of you are getting some good use out of them and it's helping other hot sauce makers get more hot sauce out into the world.

If you wanted to make labels for this box:

Top Panel:
15cm x 18cm

Side Panels:
Front Flap: 5cm x 16cm
Side panels: 5cm x 19cm
Rear panel: 5cm x 16cm

Bottom Panel:
15cm x 18cm (centered between 4 punchouts)

Kalitarios said:
If you wanted to make labels for this box:

Top Panel:
15cm x 18cm

Side Panels:
Front Flap: 5cm x 16cm
Side panels: 5cm x 19cm
Rear panel: 5cm x 16cm

Bottom Panel:
15cm x 18cm (centered between 4 punchouts)
You mean, a whole front label?

I was just gonna stick a lucky dog dog/horseshoe on the front. :woohoo:

So, www.hotsaucebox.com is having their $1 box special (promo code: 1buckbox15-02)  not sure how long it is going on for..

I'm flip flopping on whether to pull the trigger on 100-200 or so...

In regards to regular mail order I do throughout the year, I have had a pretty much 97-99% success rate using bubble wrap and the USPS bubble mailer. Maybe 4-5 bottle breakage reported to me from customers....So, I don't think I'd take advantage for this reason.

I am looking more for the holiday season / gift box packaging aspect though...I have been doing my research for a long while now and I have yet to find the best way to do a 3 bottle pack or a 2 bottle/t-shirt pack that can be easily wrapped and such...

I've inquired about them printing my logo on the box itself, but considering the smaller quantity I can afford at this time, it will still probably be cheaper to just have my own sticker on there. I can create a nice seasonal sticker to throw on top. I could tape a candy cane and even learn how to do a quick bow or something....

I forgot and I'm sure it has been discussed....What else have people done around here during the holidays in regards to special packaging and such.....I know I have seen some baskets wrapped in cellophane. My sad reality is that I work almost all events alone, and while i could prepare pretty baskets in cellophane, I'd have to do it before hand and pick the bottle combinations rather than the customer. There simply wouldn't be the time or man-power to allow a customer to create a basket on the spot, unless i simply provided the basket and cellophane and they assemble when they got home...

Never to early to think about the holidays....what are you guys thinking?

Waited and waited for a deal to come along. Bought 150 of these bad boys in hopes of having a nice gift box for the holidays.

Basement floods in last rain storm basically ruining all 150. Trying to dry them out but I think it's gonna be a lost cause.

Wish I could end this post with the jokey: priceless

Sigh

Gemini Crow Sauce Company said:
Waited and waited for a deal to come along. Bought 150 of these bad boys in hopes of having a nice gift box for the holidays.

Basement floods in last rain storm basically ruining all 150. Trying to dry them out but I think it's gonna be a lost cause.

Wish I could end this post with the jokey: priceless

Sigh

That is a total bummer bud, sorry to hear that.  

I sat them out in the sun for two days, and they dried out, but the material is a bit thin and got very flakey...definitiely not something I'd package sauces to sell directly to customers, face to face.

i think i can salvage them and use them for mail order items though.....

hopefully, there will be some sort of sale before the holidays....

argh! 

Bummer that happened... Cardboard never does well when it gets wet.

We had a flood once right after a big run of sauce and lost $1000's in product. We learned our lesson and now have everything stored higher up.

We're no longer selling small quantities or running sales on them due to not making enough money to keep that going. Only full pallet orders are accepted now.

adoboloco said:
We're no longer selling small quantities or running sales on them due to not making enough money to keep that going. Only full pallet orders are accepted now.

That is unfortunate.  I bought some back when the sale was running and have liked them quite a bit.  But as a small independent I can't afford to purchase that many boxes, nor would I have space to store a pallet of boxes.  I'd encourage you to reconsider - not sales - but small orders for the little guys.  

Thanks

Yes it is unfortunate, but we're small guys too and the overhead of keeping the small quantities in stock didn't add up. Possibly in the future it will.

Back