• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Hotpeppa's Plant Update

this is my first real grow & after going through the over watering situation, the TMV, and the Ph Balance problem, the yellowing and drop off of leaves, im proud to present a few photos of my plants...

009.jpg

011.jpg

015.jpg

012.jpg

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Very nice Hotpeppa, it really isn't that hard when you figure out all the secrets. Good looking healthy plant starts all around.
Not much secrets to it, actually. ya feed it, ya water it and it grows.

Well Omri... i have no prior experience growing indoors.. so it was a challenge for me, and its not as simple as feed it, water it, and grow it, not at all that easy IMO...

i didnt know about PH balance, TMV, other Nute defs, moisture, epsom salts, indicators of unhappy plants.. there is alot to know if you want to grow nice plants without any growing experience...

having said that....

once you do understand it and know what to look for it becomes very easy....

Hotpeppa said:
Well Omri... i have no prior experience growing indoors.. so it was a challenge for me, and its not as simple as feed it, water it, and grow it, not at all that easy IMO...

i didnt know about PH balance, TMV, other Nute defs, moisture, epsom salts, indicators of unhappy plants.. there is alot to know if you want to grow nice plants without any growing experience...
Well I didn't directly refer to you, but while we're at it... those aren't secrets, just stuff you learn along the way. "not dropping the baby" is not a secret of growing children.

If it so easy Omri, why don't you post pics of your plants? I've seen you post pics of hot sauces and pepper that you bought so I know you know how to post pics. Growing peppers is an art.

well i did have a 430w MH and a 430w HPS going at once... found it was a bit too much, so i took the HPS out of the mix and its been working well enough i think...

:)

Omri said:
Well I didn't directly refer to you, but while we're at it... those aren't secrets, just stuff you learn along the way. "not dropping the baby" is not a secret of growing children.

thats my point Omri, there is stuff to learn, there is a learning curve...its not just water, feed, and watch them grow.. thats just to simplified for what it really takes..

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
If it so easy Omri, why don't you post pics of your plants? I've seen you post pics of hot sauces and pepper that you bought so I know you know how to post pics. Growing peppers is an art.
You know me long enough to know that's not going to happen. I'm just going to keep preaching others while posting the occasional pic of a branch or equipment. :lol:
Further explanation in PM if you're REALLY interested.
Hotpeppa said:
thats my point Omri, there is stuff to learn, there is a learning curve...its not just water, feed, and watch them grow.. thats just to simplified for what it really takes..
Gosh, you people act like you've never seen me post before. this is me - Omri... trying to be provocative. :shocked:

Creepy enough, I actually started learning about indoor growing with a 400W MH bulb... it took me a while to learn it's not really necessary for most applications.

Omri said:
You know me long enough to know that's not going to happen. I'm just going to keep preaching others while posting the occasional pic of a branch or equipment. :lol:
Further explanation in PM if you're REALLY interested.

Gosh, you people act like you've never seen me post before. this is me - Omri... trying to be provocative. :shocked:

ha ha ha

its been awhile.. but yeah its all coming back to me...:lol:

weeeeeeeeed & piiiieeeeeee ! ha ha ha

splitcane said:
That's perfect, I think for indoors...

I have a 400w MH on a 6' light mover and it's pushing out 7" Peppers..."-)

sweet !

yeah i am pretty happy with it to be honest...

my next project is going to be drip system of some sort or a ebb and flow...looks like fun to me..

you have any photos of your set up ?

We need a 400 watt MH club around THP this year. Omri I understand your personal situation completely and am sorry for coming off the way I did earlier. Hotpeppa I remember now when you had both of those bright light over your seedlings. Just the MH looks to be the right choice. Nice work.

As far as HID's go, use a HPS with natural sunlight and the MH if it is the only source of light.

Very impressive plants Hotpeppa - nice work. You guys will get me to buy a 400w MH the way you are going. I need to get my moneys worth out of this 125w CFL 1st. It's been working way better than my shop lights at least.

Back