• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense HP22B-A (Reaper) pods in South Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice photo, glad your rennies produced. Mine were nt productive, will be starting a few more.

Hey Armac , I got a small Rennie plant thats loaded with flowers and a few baby pods. If ya want it ... its yers.

Love to have it cowboy....still got those seeds I owe you too.

School and work and killing me.

You are a hell of a grower.

I'm not real familiar with this pepper so take this with a grain of salt--or two. One of the reason you see very little conformity in pepper shape is due to it being unstable. People are in a rush to make money and start selling seeds long before the pepper is stable.

OP you have done a marvelous job of growing this, congrats.

I'm not real familiar with this pepper so take this with a grain of salt--or two. One of the reason you see very little conformity in pepper shape is due to it being unstable. People are in a rush to make money and start selling seeds long before the pepper is stable.

OP you have done a marvelous job of growing this, congrats.

Not according to the marketing, it had 7 generations under it belt, I believe that is correct.

Be nice to hear from the principals, yes?

Nice pods tex have you tryed one yet? Oh and lol just curious man did you smash that green monter that was on your boot?

Not according to the marketing, it had 7 generations under it belt, I believe that is correct.

Be nice to hear from the principals, yes?

Would you happen to have a link?

Please understand I am in no way slamming the people who grew this pepper. What I am saying is if there is this much pod variability then it is hard to consider it as stable. Usually after seven generations most of the recessive genes have been weeded out. Key words being "usually" and "most" in that statement. With the speed that folks are crossing superhots to make new varieties it's totally possible that the parent seeds of any new pepper weren't stable to begin with. Unless someone has an indoor set up or can grow outside year around it takes time to grow seven or more generations of a single plant. It amazes me that we've seen several new superhot peppers created in just the past couple of years. It makes a person wonder if shortcuts are being used.

Patrick it is one of the long drawn out threads that preceded the introducton of this pepper. I see Pepperjoe reading this thread, maybe he could answer.

Very nice photo, glad your rennies produced. Mine were nt productive, will be starting a few more.

my Rennie is still tiny as its in hydro and i cannot move it to where it gets enough sun, so i am trying to keep i alive till the spring! :) thansk for the seeds!

OP great looking plants~

Tex came by and brought pods, powder, pickled pods, and a producing rennie 7 pot.

Will get some pics up. Thanks Cowboy.

Well first of all Good Morning y'all, this morning I have some very interesting news.... what Iam sure most everybody has been waiting for. The first 3 pods on my HP22B-A plant have started to ripe, but even thou this plant has shown weird behavior in all aspects I never expected the pods to turn to yellow !
imagejpeg_2_66_zpsd2504afa.jpg

Wow......non primos shaped and yellow.

That is a big variance from the pods that were used to sell the seeds.

Locks pods look similar to your Cowboy, wonder if he will have yellow pods.

Wow, this just took an interesting turn! :shocked: Now I wish I had grown these out for myself. I have been worried that this thread is just one big EPIC troll, but now I have to say, if it is a troll its a very well executed one.

OP, make sure you save seed, its going to be in high demand if this turns out to be the only plant with these traits.

"LUCY! You've got some 'splaining to do."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back