• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense HP22B-A (Reaper) pods in South Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
One has a stinger and the other doesn't is the point i was trying to make. and all these negative post are not warranted, not one person has grown a mature plant and had ripe pods. so why bash anyone (Ed Curry (the creator of the Carolina Reaper)or Pepper Joe)??

I'll bet when this pepper has been announced as the worlds hottest and people are growing true peppers they wont make a post apologizing for slandering Ed curry and Pepper Joe.

One has a stinger and the other doesn't is the point i was trying to make. and all these negative post are not warranted, not one person has grown a mature plant and had ripe pods. so why bash anyone (Ed Curry (the creator of the Carolina Reaper)or Pepper Joe)??

I'll bet when this pepper has been announced as the worlds hottest and people are growing true peppers they wont make a post apologizing for slandering Ed curry and Pepper Joe.
Not one person has grown a mature plant and had ripe pods. Heck I have ! with yellow pods.

Robert, I stated my opinion based upon my experience growing superhots. It was not dispariging,or libelous. My experience is limited,but I don't think it was far off the mark.Not much variation in those three pods for a super hot!!!!!! Your question-answer from Ed deals with the record,the above posts are questioning purity,and not records. Another liason is not helping a bit! I am happy about your 90% germ rates,the rest of this community is not seeing those #s. That is here for everyone to see,and isn't slander. I personally bought 30 seeds and promptly gave 25 away. If mine don't germ or grow true I won't be bashing anyone. I have my own opinion on why germ rates are low,and it goes hand in hand with why I believe that you are going to see many more instances like Tex's. I will keep that noiseprivate!

For those that understand mutation/variances....will this yellow pod be a superhot?

Cowboy when you going to sample that pod?

Tonight was the night to finally taste test this Yellow Reaper. After thinking about it all day , I got
home after work.... after dinner and a few LoneStars I finally pick the ripest pod. Heck ! well the pod is kinda thin walled, the smell is a little fruity but not as strong as other yellows, taste wise is neutral not sweet not biter and is definitely a super hot ! I found it to be equal to a yellow brain. There is a video of me doing the test on this yellow reaper and the rennie7 but havent found a way to post them.
So below are a few more pics for y'all ......
imagejpeg_2_81-1_zps0a690745.jpg

imagejpeg_2_82-1_zps2112a793.jpg

IMG_20121213_231712_zps5040ad37.jpg

Pictures not (walkgood) approved

Finally read you post Joe, threats?

Your immaturity is showing.

Instead of threatening and whining, just explain why the reapers we have seen so far are not growing true.

Leave the drama behind joe give us some facts.

To be honest, I would think you should be banned for threats,let's see what the mods think of your little insinuation.

Lets stick to Tex's Reaper and not Joe. Don't even know why that is being talked about. What to see and hear more about Tex's Yellow Reaper. Will ask Ed if he has seen any on his plants. You may be the first. Growing a Yellow Butch T this year. :D

Very nice pic's Tex!

Lets stick to Tex's Reaper and not Joe. Don't even know why that is being talked about. What to see and hear more about Tex's Yellow Reaper. Will ask Ed if he has seen any on his plants. You may be the first. Growing a Yellow Butch T this year. :D

Very nice pic's Tex!
Thank ya much ! so its you that had them yellow Butch Ts ? Well we all know it happens, I know Peter ( semillas ) had a primo7 plant that set orange/yellow pods this past spring. I Think Grant ( junglerain) had yellow Jonahs , not really sure how this Jonah turned out yellow.

But It hey it happens, oh and I think Dilly's has some yellow nagas.

Would you happen to have a link?

Please understand I am in no way slamming the people who grew this pepper. What I am saying is if there is this much pod variability then it is hard to consider it as stable. Usually after seven generations most of the recessive genes have been weeded out. Key words being "usually" and "most" in that statement. With the speed that folks are crossing superhots to make new varieties it's totally possible that the parent seeds of any new pepper weren't stable to begin with. Unless someone has an indoor set up or can grow outside year around it takes time to grow seven or more generations of a single plant. It amazes me that we've seen several new superhot peppers created in just the past couple of years. It makes a person wonder if shortcuts are being used.

What do you mean by "shortcuts." I suspect that you simply mean that not verifying the stability qualifies as a shortcut.

Yeah, I have had some Red Reapers that Ed sent look like that. I think with the weather you have down there your going to have some awesome monster reaper pods. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back