• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Hurricaine Sandy will hit the Lehigh Valley Area

This is the lastest I have heard.

Here is our update until the next advisory that comes out at 11:00 am is announced by the Hurricane center. When we went to bed last night this storm was at a pressure system of 960 mb. Which was 3 mb lower than the perfect storm of 1991. The lower the mb the stronger the storm is. Currently the storm is at 951 mb which means this storm has significantly grown stronger overnight. The wind speed is still 75 mph. The path of the hurricane has not changed and the most up to date maps that we pushed out last night are current. The storm is parrell to the state of Georgia right now and will come in right through Philadelphia, Lebanon, stall at Harrisburg and then go right up central PA through Williamsport. Wilkes-Barre, PA will be 30-76 miles away from the eye of the storm during these times. Please stay tuned at 11:00 AM for the next advisory report.

Here is Ocean City MD and the storm is not even here yet...

384932_10151063815641326_356050770_n.jpg

Outer Banks

53967_4250391692424_700070903_o.jpg

617126_4250394172486_518663993_o.jpg

665344_4250622538195_139814766_o.jpg

we are in for it im for it for sure!! im only 50+ miles from WILKES BARRE!!

MY THOUGHT AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO ALL!

thanks for the update

your friend Joe

just got another update

the worst will hit tomorrow early evening, with high winds and winter storm surges, including snow and ice

there are leaves on the tree up here yet so this could mean power outages, either way if the ice over burdening the tree and doesn't knock out the power the wind surly might
the ice will make for a hard evacuation if necessary, will possibly have to go to my mom and dads again like last year, there high rise has an emergency generator, i glad at least that's where my little niece will be staying the next few days and will be safe

the reason things are seeming to be so bad is because as it comes up the coast its going to take a left hand turn and come right at us!!!, the coastal areas are expecting flooding and there are some reports of it already

thanks so much your friend Joe

"[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]the reason things are seeming to be so bad is because as it comes up the coast its going to take a left hand turn and come right at us!!!, the coastal areas are expecting flooding and there are some reports of it already"[/background]

Some reports of it, check out my pictures they are proof. Anyone who did not take this storm serious is now learning 1st hand.

Stay safe to you and everyone in the path...

You guys stay safe up in the US (I assume south Eastern Canada will feel some effects too?) Positive energy to you. Peace trippa

I a;m pretty sure that all of us ARE GONNA DIE!!!!!! Ok maybe not really. PA is now in a state of emergency and schools are closed. I am as prepared as I can be. I am going to have a hurricane party starting now. Good luck to everyone.

Hoping the best for all of ya over there on the East Coast. This one looks like one hell of a storm.
Stay safe and keep warm...

Yeah CJ I know!!! Most pressing issue at the moment is what to drink first??? I have to go to the store first to buy extra batteries for our flashlights.

Yeah CJ I know!!! Most pressing issue at the moment is what to drink first??? I have to go to the store first to buy extra batteries for our flashlights.
Good luck. Anywhere I've been has bare shelves.

It's been raining most if the day here, but it started to RAIN about an hour ago.

PP&L is calling people to tell them when the power goes out, to expect to be without power for 5-7 days. They are bringing in 1500 workers from other states to help.

Good luck. Anywhere I've been has bare shelves.

It's been raining most if the day here, but it started to RAIN about an hour ago.

PP&L is calling people to tell them when the power goes out, to expect to be without power for 5-7 days. They are bringing in 1500 workers from other states to help.
not good!! hope it wont be that long

I'll keep everyone in my prayers Joe. Stay safe and take precautions. I'm sure everyone will be patient with their orders, you have a great reputation on here.

Back