• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Hurricaine Sandy will hit the Lehigh Valley Area

I am going to drink a box of wine and eat a bunch of hot stuff. Tomorrow I am going to make a pot of chili.

eh hem...I tried to warn you J! :D

But you just thought my reality was being Twispted! haha

You all can deal with the loss of modern convenience for awhile just fine...I don't worry about that! Just don't get stir crazy and start getting all heroic and taking risks!!!!! Keep your head down, elbows in, and ride it out, ok?! Be well my friends - the rest of us are all pulling for you!

sending my best....

And pray...

amen lots of that

eh hem...I tried to warn you J! :D

But you just thought my reality was being Twispted! haha

You all can deal with the loss of modern convenience for awhile just fine...I don't worry about that! Just don't get stir crazy and start getting all heroic and taking risks!!!!! Keep your head down, elbows in, and ride it out, ok?! Be well my friends - the rest of us are all pulling for you!

sending my best....

i haven't a problem with doing without actually im quite used to it ;)
no heroics here unless it involves one of my loved ones and there are alot of them!!

thanks so much to all of you!!

Joe and everyone else who might be affected, you have my prayers. Stay safe all. I'm truly looking forward to hearing how you are all alright after this thing!

it 9 am Monday morning and its raining pretty good and there are peak sustained wind gusts coming on and off of anywhere from 39 to 55 mph, im hoping i dont have to go into work tonight, im pretty sure i will be called out

i have to cross the Little Lehigh creek but have a feeling its going to flood, it did last year during Irene, i know that's going to be an obstacle, not worried about property damage from the creek im about 1/2 mile from it an im up hill, its the wind and rain
if its supposed to get worse by noon today the power, im also staying dressed and packing so items and the pets to evacuate if needed

i will stay in touch as much as possible but if you stop hearing from, me its because i got the heck outta dodge!!

just saw a report that the wind will diminishing throughout the day, i dont think they know what there talking about, she hasn't made landfall yet??

i was just called out from work, that's relief!!

thanks your friend Joe

It's raining pretty good here. The steady wind isn't too bad, but the gusts are starting to get stronger. I'm still scheduled for work tonight. I doubt they will close until the power goes. I only live a mile from work so the drive won't be bad. I worry more for the guys that work for me. If anyone NEEDS to travel please be careful.

ALL transportation employees in SouthEastern Pa were sent home at 10:15am today. Buses, Trolleys, Trains ect have been shutdown since 12:30am only Paratransit for dialisys is running.

Strom track is now west of Philadelphia but winds are hammering my house right now with light rain... what is falling is coming down sideways :tear:

Rode by the Delaware and Schuykill rivers on the way home and it is higher on the banks than I have seen in a long time. Cape May NJ has already set an all time record for tide along of the Delaware bay.

Full moon-high tide and storm surge isn`t looking good...

2012-10-29 1:57 PM EDT 6.93 feet High Tide
2012-10-29 3:50 PM EDT Full Moon
2012-10-29 6:01 PM EDT Sunset
2012-10-29 8:51 PM EDT 0.34 feet Low Tide
2012-10-30 2:19 AM EDT 6.32 feet High Tide
2012-10-30 7:27 AM EDT Sunrise
2012-10-30 9:00 AM EDT 0.39 feet Low Tide
2012-10-30 2:38 PM EDT 6.90 feet High Tide

547044_430246950357496_951372999_n.jpg

Back