• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Hurricaine Sandy will hit the Lehigh Valley Area

Hello all

Im asking for prayer for the affected area of Hurrcaine Sandy, it has already killed a few hundred people in the Carribean and its headed my way
it is set to hit my area around sunday sometime with high winds and heavy rain and this is for most of the costal area here and partly inland
i Live in the Lehigh Valley area and it also has been said that with the cold front moving down from Canada it will converge over my area, not good!!
im not an alarmist but i am a a realist and know that this is a recipe for disaster
there calling it THE PERFECT STORM and is the same type that sunk the ANDREA GAIL

my garden is done and im not worried about it at all, my main concern is for those who are near and dear to me and that includes anyone here on THP
i will also be in prayer for all

im going to follow this as best i can but i fear that after sunday the power might be out and i dont know when it will be back on

anyone that has seed orders with me please be reassured i will deliver!! the mail most likley be canceled during such weather and my wife and i may have to evacuate, who knows we had to last year around this same time with Irene
but just the same anyone with an order with me after this weekend please know you have nothing to worry about if it is a little delayed its only due to the weather up here

thanks again to all my wonderfull friend here on the hot pepper

your friend AJIJOE

Hello all

Im asking for prayer for the affected area of Hurrcaine Sandy, it has already killed a few hundred people in the Carribean and its headed my way
it is set to hit my area around sunday sometime with high winds and heavy rain and this is for most of the costal area here and partly inland
i Live in the Lehigh Valley area and it also has been said that with the cold front moving down from Canada it will converge over my area, not good!!
im not an alarmist but i am a a realist and know that this is a recipe for disaster
there calling it THE PERFECT STORM and is the same type that sunk the ANDREA GAIL

my garden is done and im not worried about it at all, my main concern is for those who are near and dear to me and that includes anyone here on THP
i will also be in prayer for all

im going to follow this as best i can but i fear that after sunday the power might be out and i dont know when it will be back on

anyone that has seed orders with me please be reassured i will deliver!! the mail most likley be canceled during such weather and my wife and i may have to evacuate, who knows we had to last year around this same time with Irene
but just the same anyone with an order with me after this weekend please know you have nothing to worry about if it is a little delayed its only due to the weather up here

thanks again to all my wonderfull friend here on the hot pepper

your friend AJIJOE

I know we had some fairly bad winds here the last couple of days but nothing like what you all may get up there.

I lived in the Outer Banks for the Perfect Storm, Halloween 1991. That is what the movie was based from and it was a truly devastating event. Sandy looks to due damage all over this area and while my garden is still full of a few thousand pods, I hope everyone stays safe and dry. Flooding is the biggest fear for most of the areas I know, luckily not where I live. If allowed, I'll be chasing waves!

Hang tight. This is when those apocalypse kits come in handy. Fill up tons of jugs with water. Electricity is usually the main problem.
We don't get storms like that here. just monsoons and earthquakes trying to toss you off the bar stool. Had a 6.6 last week.

072D8B77-B6A1-458E-B72F-7FC2546DB44B-6629-000001BF1B63C545_zps7e252575.jpg

In all seriousness, I was watching the news where they showed the arrow of the storm's path. The very tip of the arrow lands right over top of us in the middle of PA. Everyone, no matter where you live please be safe. Remember, property can be fixed and gardens can be replanted, but we can't replace our loved ones.

I like what Darthpepper said, (everyone actually) property can be fixed, but don't take chances with your loved ones, including pets!

Better to evacuate unnecessarily, than to not evacuate and get hurt.

Please stay safe all, and we'll be thinking of you.

on its way but has been downgraded to a tropical storm, only concern i see now is when the smaller storm from the north west meets sandy it could wreck havoc

thanks your friend Joe

PENNSYLVANIA has been put in a state of emergency
please lift us all up in pray because now where really going to need it!!, the rain has come and the wind is picking up,im taking some cues from the birds there hitting the deck its on its way!!

we are in the outer bands of Sandy as im writing this and it would seem the wind isn't too bad but im not going to be lulled into a state of complacency, i know were going to be hit harder this year than we did with IRENE

thanks again all i will keep in touch as much as i can

thanks your friend Joe

Back