• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Hydro room & garden beds

A few close up shots of pods
7ca52335a05947edbf20c7df679cd27e

0256774eb4064a2984ed02711f03ac84

So here is a quick list of some of the plants I'm growing. A lot of them in the back garden are ones from seedbanks and instead of me naming them I assigned them a number and then lost the sheet of paper telling me what they were! So haven't bothered with them, I do have a few labelled though.
Lots more germinating going on too.

Bhut
Choc Bhut
Orange Bhut (hmm just seen the plants today and pods look like scorpions but are lime green -from chileseeds.co.uk. Anyone else had weird ones?)
Bih Jolokia
7 Pot
Jonah 7Pot
Yellow 7 Pot
Barrackpore 7 Pot
Naga Morich
Trinidad Scorpion
Red Savina
Fatalli
Datil
Yellow Bouquet
Carribean Red Hot
Lots of Habs
Jamaican Hot Yellow
Chupetinho
Tabasco
Dorset Naga

Will update the rest of the list later, these are mainly the ones from my hydro room that I had already written down.

These from memory:

Lemon Drop
Blackbirds Eye
Scarlet Lantern
Black Pearl
Sangria
Tri Colour Var.
Purple Flash
Aji Lemon
No 923
Morouga
Bido Uchu
REd Fatalli
Chocolate Fatalli

Thanks Pepperfreak. Yeah have been picking a nice amount lately, put it in the fridge and then forget about them so have lost a small amount. Most of it I'm freezing and will probably start drying some soon. When I have a good harvest and more plants are producing then I can start making some more sauces that I have been planning.

Also have to decide what I'm going to do with all my plants in the shadehouse. It is a pain to water them all but am looking at either setting up a Flood and drain system or potting them up and using drippers.
But if I get really behind then sprinklers will do.

Well I have decided to sacrifice one of my cactus beds so I can plant more chillies. My cacti have been neglected the last couple of years since my chillies have been taking over.
I just decided at the last minute yesterday to do it. I wasn't prepared and didnt wear any gloves and had thongs on. You can imagine how much pain I have been in;) spikes everywhere!
Anything for my chillies hey?

What I have ripped up so far. You can see in the background that my lovely partner Adam has put up shade cloth over the other garden bed because all the fruit were burning.
1506c25a46fb40408b7c9ce5e53d550d

Left side of new garden bed
bd080e2eac2b45df87d0630e2392c147

Right side. Have already planted 2 Red Savinas

8e9d67b120d544218631a4911241b0cb

The soil is like sand so just bought a few bags of soil improver and have been using this stuff called pot magic then watering in with fish emulsion.

SeeYouJimmy said:
Good going Wildfire. Best you get that dog sorted out before it does any more damage. :)

I wish I could! Oh well at least I know the ones out the front will be ok.

I attempted the shadecloth myself today, looks a bit funny but is just a temporary job until Adam gets time to do it. I found out it will be 40 degrees tomorrow so had to get it up.

762a6899ca09498ab59bf56a0c4e8ba2

While I was at it I thought I would dig up all the bad looking Cacti
505d0d989b984ec099b81bd35643eca0

Most of these are different 7 Pots with the 2 Red Savinas a datil and a Lime tree
06e1c55876984934a5dfcc2d97e5e743

7c53a7e4980a464e98cdf3b6dcb426ac

I left a little patch because I didnt put the shadecloth on enough of an angle that it doesn't actually get shade. So when it is fixed up I'll plant a few more. Will put down some straw/hay soon also.

That Adam is one lucky guy. I wish I could find a girl that was into peppers like you are.
Let us see your purple flash babies some day. I want to see what they look like when they are small and as they develop.

ABurningMouth said:
That Adam is one lucky guy. I wish I could find a girl that was into peppers like you are.
Let us see your purple flash babies some day. I want to see what they look like when they are small and as they develop.

When I met him he liked chilli but only thought there were a few varieties. I opened his eyes up to the many types. At first when I went from 6 plants to 32 plants he couldn't understand why I wanted so many, now he appreciates them as much as me and can eat hotter than me!
Only problem is he gets stuck with building all these things for me and setting up retic. Im lucky to have him to do all that for me!

I will take a pic of my Purple Flash and start a new thread with ornamentals. Maybe you could post pics of any you have too?

Here is what I harvested the other day
b5f80059dd1945d5b193284168db80ae

7f91d69ed9214530a899f6cbffd7d90e

I have some cool looking pods forming all throughout my garden now, alot are unlabelled as I numbered them and lost my sheet of paper (never numbering again) This is the Bido Uchu. It has bumpy skin and looks hot but havent tried it yet. Will post some more pics of the other cool looking ones later on.
ade774f952bd415c80534de3fa79c822

Back