I cant stop canning...

talas said:
Volcanic Pickled eggs ?..Love pickled eggs and sounds rather fun.:)

rainbowberry said:
Ah yeah, a pickled egg dropped inside a packet of salt and vinegar crisps is lovely.

Pickled eggs? Reminds me of all the sh*thole gin mills i used to hang outand drink and fight in when i was younger....

God, how i miss those days.

Sickmont said:
Pickled eggs? Reminds me of all the sh*thole gin mills i used to hang outand drink and fight in when i was younger....

God, how i miss those days.

No you don't really miss those days do ya? I mean you've now grown up into a lovely kind of 'gentleman' :eh: yeah I do mean gentleman actually. Sorry it looked like I was using the term loosely, you are a gentleman with a colourful mouth and sense of humour.

they make my poots stink... :lol:

rainbowberry said:
No you don't really miss those days do ya? I mean you've now grown up into a lovely kind of 'gentleman' :eh: yeah I do mean gentleman actually. Sorry it looked like I was using the term loosely, you are a gentleman with a colourful mouth and sense of humour.

Actually, i kinda do. Well, mostly i miss the utter lack of responsibility i had back then...or rather how much i just didn't give a sh*t about anything....i most certainly do not miss spending many nights in a drunk tank and many days in front of the judge, though.

And yeah, AJ, pickled eggs do make you very unpopular in a holding cell.

Sickmont said:
Actually, i kinda do. Well, mostly i miss the utter lack of responsibility i had back then...or rather how much i just didn't give a sh*t about anything....i most certainly do not miss spending many nights in a drunk tank and many days in front of the judge, though.

Yeah but you're all responsible and sweet now, I like you like that.

See, SM hi-jacks a thread once again? ;)

Good ol' Dutch Oven good for the slow times at home ---

Do you slit or poke holes in the peppers in the salted water solution over night before canning?

If we canned with tequila those pepper maggots wouldnt be to bad ....

POTAWIE said:
Its amazing how many bad pods I find in a season that look perfectly fine but are rotten inside.

I found that when I cut my Jalapenos and Anaheims --

When I wash/soak the peppers before canning I look for air bubbles from bores I may have missed -- Hopefully I dont find any --Eeeewwww

if you will eat the worm in a bottle of Mezcal, you can eat a pepper maggot no sweat...

hmmmmm...never stopped to think...I may be hallucinating when I eat it...

POTAWIE said:
Its amazing how many bad pods I find in a season that look perfectly fine but are rotten inside.

had some beautiful sweet romans are picked the other day looked great but where black inside and had larvae in..Lovely :)

talas said:
had some beautiful sweet romans are picked the other day looked great but where black inside and had larvae in..Lovely :)

Ah, go for it, man, dont be scared.....it only hurts for about a month afterwards:lol:

Back