• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

I can't take it anymore!

That might work somewhere else.Not on a New Motorhome sales lot.
Lots of kids etc.
Jacoby and Mayers would have a field day with my butt if someone wanted to sue over their kid eating my Jeruselum cherry pods(also called Persimmon's ornamental).

Been here 18+yrs.
My work is babysitting the coaches at night so the crack freaks don't steal the TV's etc. out of the coaches.They were doing thousands of dollors damage to steal a $100. TV,microwave or whatever.
I basically don't do much work most of the time.

Getting paid to be here so my boss can sleep all night without the alarm co. waking him up at dark thirty...

I couldn't find an easier way to make money without going on welfare.LOL
A salary,board and utilities.
Days free to fish,play with my chiles,smoke stuff or whatever.

If it makes you feel any better I quite often smoke round my plants and touch them straight after. During two seasons I have had no sign of TMV.

I had problems with Anxiety a few months back but have now managed to get over it with the right mind set. I would get worried about stupid things and couldn't relax my mind if I had something to do at a specific time during the day.

Sometimes I would get the anxious feeling and then worry that I had forgot what I was worrying about.

I still get slightly anxious sometimes meeting people but there is no continuity with this. I am however, over worrying about plants.

Growing them and thinking your not bothering with them will give you the best of both options.

Chris

I suppose I have a different mind set...

if there is something I can do something about then I do it and don't worry about it...if it is beyond my control what the hells the use of worrying about it anyway...so I don't worry about that shit either...

matter of fact...I don't worry about nothing....period...unless its the wife getting preggy and me almost 60 years old...OH...but wait...you have to have sex for that to happen....roflmao

smokemaster said:
I grew some mild hab look alikes and walked into the service bays complaining about my pods being wimpy this season.

Popping down what looked like a handfull habaneros whole one after another.
I gave them a pod that looked the same but was HOT and asked them what they thaught.
I act suprised when they run to the water fountain.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

@ chillilover If pepper plants are your biggest worry so far in life, consider yourself very lucky. Don't sweat the small stuff and enjoy each day as if it were your last.

Oddly enough I used to worry about my plants and check them 3-4 times a day, water too often, over fertilize them, and so forth and so on. I have taken several days off in the last month and have been out of town 3-4 days at a time. Oddly enough my plants have never looked better! Seems like all the extra watering and care I thought was good for them was actually too much and was the cause of the problem. Since i've "neglected" them a bit they are thriving and growing better then ever. I say take a step back and just let them be while you find another hobby and you will probably have better luck with them.

AlabamaJack said:
if there is something I can do something about then I do it and don't worry about it...if it is beyond my control what the hells the use of worrying about it anyway...so I don't worry about that shit either...

Thats what i try to tell people, that exact way too.;)

AlabamaJack said:
I suppose I have a different mind set...

matter of fact...I don't worry about nothing....period...unless its the wife getting preggy and me almost 60 years old...OH...but wait...you have to have sex for that to happen....roflmao

LMAO love this quote

If gardening is that stressful to you then take a year off. I'm lucky in that I have a backup grower to do my "dirty work" when I get tired, lazy, etc. I can then resume when I feel like it. You should try that.

I got home from work today to discover that a row of bricks in the retaining wall had fallen over on top of about 8 of my plants. I screamed, threw my briefcase down and knealt in the grass, in my suit, carefully lifting the bricks off the plants. None of the plants suffered any lasting damage...only a couple of pods were broken off. The plants themselves were pushed down but are springing back up now. I believe that a neighborhood cat launched herself off a brick and knocked them all over.

I worry too, but I could never simply stop growing them. I've just realized that I have to cement the bricks in place. Chililover, look around and see if there isn't some other, safer place to have your plants stand, even if you have to create a corner somehow.

Several of my plants were blown over again for the umpteenth time by thunderstorm winds. I stood them back up, picked up a few dislodged green pods and had them for supper. :)

I need to come up with some type of pot support to stop this wind tipping and yet leave the pots mobile. The large Datil is the worst; it's like a wind sail, but I don't lose any sleep over this round-2-it.

Silver_Surfer said:
I need to come up with some type of pot support to stop this wind tipping and yet leave the pots mobile.

A brick or rock at the bottom of the pot helps, a couple of inches of gravel is even better. But I am assumig that you get harder winds than I do;)

Silver_Surfer said:
Several of my plants were blown over again for the umpteenth time by thunderstorm winds. I stood them back up, picked up a few dislodged green pods and had them for supper. :)

I need to come up with some type of pot support to stop this wind tipping and yet leave the pots mobile. The large Datil is the worst; it's like a wind sail, but I don't lose any sleep over this round-2-it.

for the plants that I don't move around, I drive a stake into the ground thru the bottom of the pot and that eliminates the "blow over" failure mode...

MrArboc said:
A brick or rock at the bottom of the pot helps, a couple of inches of gravel is even better. But I am assumig that you get harder winds than I do;)

It might help but these stronger winds would still tip the taller plants. Too much foliage to catch the wind.

AlabamaJack said:
for the plants that I don't move around, I drive a stake into the ground thru the bottom of the pot and that eliminates the "blow over" failure mode...

That would work but I wouldn't be able to move the pots to cut that fast growing green stuff. I think I'll try a 2x4 X platform with 4 short uprights tightly surrounding the pots on the largest plants and see how that does.

Even if all of your plants are dying (Late Blight on tomatoes), just enjoy the good weather and fresh air.

When I'm out in the garden it's like meditation and some good exercise...wow, how many hours passed already?

today i had to leave work early oh why? because we had a huge storm coming through high winds heavy rain so had to hitch a ride home just too save my plants. sad to say jalapeno didnt make it. had alot of sprouts just getting theyre first sun destroyed a bunch of those, but i made it home in time to save my others, stressful no, caring yes. it definately does take work unless you have the most perfect place to grow. im kind of lazy but i never mind getting of my a just to check em out even if i just did 30 minutes prior. i get disheartend when one of my plants is shriveling all yellow what not all the time put in but it's all about preparing. and i hope don't quit at least have one plant and make it a hot one. slip a few hot ones in your dads food or put one of your moms ciggarettes on the placenta of a hot one maybe then you feel better!

LGHT said:
Oddly enough I used to worry about my plants and check them 3-4 times a day, water too often, over fertilize them, and so forth and so on. I have taken several days off in the last month and have been out of town 3-4 days at a time. Oddly enough my plants have never looked better! Seems like all the extra watering and care I thought was good for them was actually too much and was the cause of the problem. Since i've "neglected" them a bit they are thriving and growing better then ever. I say take a step back and just let them be while you find another hobby and you will probably have better luck with them.

I'm not having bad luck with them, I get stressed seeing my dad hit them and so on.

What? Is your dad some stuck in time 13 year old bully? That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Hitting your plants. Ask him why he does it sometime?

patrick said:
What? Is your dad some stuck in time 13 year old bully? That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Hitting your plants. Ask him why he does it sometime?

Hitting them with what ever hes holding, garden hose, pool skimmer pole....etc He does it to my car too. A few months ago I come out and find him vaccuming his car with his door lodged against my car. That left a nice ding. He either has no respect or maybe it's common sense he's lacking.

Back