• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

I think we can all relate to this experience...

This is how I feel everytime I order hot food at a restaurant (except Mr. D's) :lol:

I have been disappointed by the heat level of restaurant food MANY times, even when I order it and say, "don't worry, it won't be too hot for me" etc. I now just take pods or hab powder with me and I can self-medicate.

I can most definitely relate with that. Everyone tells me I'm going to have a bleedig ulcer one day. Also, I usually get wierd looks from the waitress when I order the hottest wings they have. I've been to two places where they were hot as hell and I loved them. Sadly, most of the time I'm disappointed. When I do go to those two places and order my wings that's where I get the wierd looks though:lol:

yep, been there. recently too...ordered some "exxtreme" wings from a place called ker's winghouse. i figured they'd have some hot wings since that is their main feature. the wings were hot, but not THAT hot. i didn't need to pause or drink anything while eating them. great flavor..just needs a little kick in the ass to deserve the second x..or even the name extreme at all. :lol:

when I make ribs at home I liberally sprinkle fatalii powder all over them and then wear rubber gloves to eat them. I still haven't worked out a way to keep the sauce out of my mo'...

i need to get myself a container of some habanero powder..have some jalapeno, but that is a good idea about bringing spices with you. it is such a simple idea, i can't believe i've never put that one to use. :P usually just ask them to make it extra spicy. still doesn't always work out, since they don't want to hurt me or scare me off. :lol:

ALWAYS TAKE YOUR OWN!!! I even have a shaker of Spontaneous Combustion (red savina powder) in my desk at work. in fact...

I have started something at work for the people in my department, it's called the Lunchtime Challenge. it goes something like this - once a month on an agreed day, anyone who wants to participate in an eating challenge can do so. the first time around we had Subway footlongs with double meat and double cheese with full salad - for those who are slight of stature (female) they could opt for the six inch version. then the next time we had xxxtra hot laksa soup with some of my chile powder thrown in. we are considering a full bbq chicken (or half bird) for the next one. other options we have considered have been - 1 kilo of apples (2.2 lb to a kilo), a whole hab (unseeded of course), you get the idea. if anyone has any suggestions please share them with me. it doesn't have to be about stuffing the most food in your mouth as quality can replace quantity, so can heat, cold, horrible tasting food (nobody wants to do the 'black eggs' from Fear Factor) etc.

chilliman64 said:
ALWAYS TAKE YOUR OWN!!! I even have a shaker of Spontaneous Combustion (red savina powder) in my desk at work. in fact...

I have started something at work for the people in my department, it's called the Lunchtime Challenge. it goes something like this - once a month on an agreed day, anyone who wants to participate in an eating challenge can do so. the first time around we had Subway footlongs with double meat and double cheese with full salad - for those who are slight of stature (female) they could opt for the six inch version. then the next time we had xxxtra hot laksa soup with some of my chile powder thrown in. we are considering a full bbq chicken (or half bird) for the next one. other options we have considered have been - 1 kilo of apples (2.2 lb to a kilo), a whole hab (unseeded of course), you get the idea. if anyone has any suggestions please share them with me. it doesn't have to be about stuffing the most food in your mouth as quality can replace quantity, so can heat, cold, horrible tasting food (nobody wants to do the 'black eggs' from Fear Factor) etc.

Chiliman your making me want to eat at your work functions now...LOL!!!

When I went camping the last long weekend there was a big breakfast buffet and I always bring my sauces with me..I was the only one there I can safely say having my eggs bacon etc with crazy jerrys brain damage..
thats all ill use it on I find it too sweet for other uses but on eggs and bacon yum......
As for bringing my sauces to local resturants..ive thought of it but yet to do it....Maby this will get me into doing it..Mind you we might eat out once every 1-2 months lol

Back