• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

I'M FREAKING OUT MAN!!!!!!

dreamtheatervt said:
Mullet - Hope this isn't too late but you should be pro-active about it. If you know why your boss sent you home, contact him/her/it and apologize and avoid that behavior again. If you don't know what you did, ask; accept responsibility and don't make excuses. Hopefully you'll be back to showing off your hot sauce collection to co-workers again soon.

Excellent advice! Not contacting them could possibly be looked upon by your boss as you don't care what happens to your position.

Hillbilly Chili said:
Hey Mullet, whats the word Bro? any news from the big bosses?
Not yet.

chuk hell said:
What did you do to get in trouble? Did it have anything to do with beer for lunch?
Not due to beer for lunch. It delt with an email that I sent out. Appearently on Wendsday night, someone sent out an email asking for OT (by accident/mulitiously) to THE WHOLE COMPANY. When ever someone clicked respond(the next morning), it responded to THE WHOLE COMPANY. It screwed up everyone's email and at 10:00 am I resonded (to one person) with "Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!" and then pressed Cnrt-Alt-Del to not send it (because I realised that's a bad idea). I check and it appeared that it was not sent. Two hours later, after the problem was solved.....everyone in the company got my email. Then the boss brought me into his office and the rest is history as they say. (it has been suggested that I do a wrongfull termination suit if I get fired)

Hillbilly Chili said:
Hey yeah.....Could your boss or co-workers be reading your post?
Nope.

Cap said:
I based my "waiting period" on one thing. The boss is a "jarhead" ex-military guy. When he gives an order to his troops (aka, drone workers at Disney) he expects them to follow it. So, I'm playing his game right now. My stuff's still at my desk, and I just got an interview at 2K Games, so if all fails, I'll have a new job soon.

As for the requests of a paypal account. THANK YOU! If all else fails (ie: I get the word that I am fired), I'll set one up for denotions for those that are feeling generous.

We had a partner at my firm do something similar which not only fvcked up OUR email server, but resulted in everyone that she mailed getting literally thousands of emails. It was because someone's auto reply was set up wrong, and the mail ended up bouncing between various, I think.

That, frankly, is a sh1tty excuse to do ANYTHING to you at all. I think your response is perfectly understandable, and as it was only in house, who gives a shit? It's not like clients are going to see it or anything. And even if they did, it's not exactly an insulting response or anything, you've not exactly yelled rascist, sexist, homophobic abuse at a co-worker, have you?

The person who sent the first email should be educated.

How does hitting ctrl alt del not send email?
should just bring you to login screen with choices in it.
either Recall the message from your sent items or close with out saving if you havent sent it

I did Ctrl alt del to bring up the task manager and pressed End Task for the email. There was no recall email option.

I just may take you up on that room DevilDuck depending on what the word is on the job.

Sorry I added humor to your post. I didn't realize it was so serious. Hope all works out.

Shooty* said:
Does Alt f4 still shut things down?

If using Outlook --go to sent items open the email sent that is in question click actions then recall this message
If using something else I can give details.....

just the IT geek in me :onfire:

Luckydog, where were you when I sent it? lol

I'm thinking about going in at about 4ish (after my interview with 2k games), grab my glasses out of my desk and ask if I'm still working there.

Hillbilly Chili said:
Beer glasses?
lol. Nope, just the reading kind.

Well, I went to work and asked and I am now OFFICIALLY out of a job. Their reason, "It seems like you have poor judgement." I am seriously f*cked. I've got about a $400 paycheck due to me so I've got to make that last untill Fiery Foods. I'm going to sell a bunch of stuff to make ends meet and for Fiery Foods.

DevilDuck, you officially have a guest (thanks for that by the way). Hopefully my allergies don't kill me (because they can). I'm going to stock up on the Clariton and test the waters for the first night. PM me your address so I can plan the bus ride (still don't know if I'm going to have enough to rent a car) from ABQ airport. We'll have to work out some sort of deal for the room (got any yard work ya need done?)

I'm going to set up a "Save The Mullet" paypal fund for those that have expressed interest.

And on a side note I would just like to say something (besides don't work for an Illuminati run global fascist company). Thank you all. Thank you all for the support, the laughs, the offers of money, the information about sauces and peppers, and for being here. I truely feel blessed to have such good friends around me. If I could, I would hug each and every one of you (except for Defcon, I think he's become contagious :onfire: :lol: )

imaguitargod said:
If I could, I would hug each and every one of you (except for Defcon, I think he's become contagious :onfire: :lol: )

The Defcon Homunculi inhabit your floorboards, you've already made the progession into assimilation to the Defcon Continuum, there is no escape.

DevilDuck said:
Check your PM's..........!
Got it!

DEFCON Creator said:
The Defcon Homunculi inhabit your floorboards, you've already made the progession into assimilation to the Defcon Continuum, there is no escape.
Damn, I guess resistance really is futile.
14.gif
12.gif

Oh speaking of this, I just finally got a FULL nights sleep (11 hours of uninterupted sleep) for the first time since this debacle started. My stomach has stopped hurting, I've stopped grinding my teeth, and I feel refreshed and in charge!

Back