• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

I'M FREAKING OUT MAN!!!!!!

You could always sue...

edit: I'll qualify that. I don't know how easy it is to sack people over there, but it's hella tricky over here. You ahve to give a formal warning, set up a paper trail, have a discussion with them, etc, etc.

pileiton said:
Why do I have a sudden desire to go shoot a mouse? A big, fat corporate one!
Over at Disney, he's know as "The Rat" (seriously, everyone you work with calls him that because they all know what's up).

Shooty* said:
You could always sue...

edit: I'll qualify that. I don't know how easy it is to sack people over there, but it's hella tricky over here. You ahve to give a formal warning, set up a paper trail, have a discussion with them, etc, etc.
Eh, it's not worth it, I've thought that over and over. They'll end up giving me $1,000 or so to settle out of court and I'd have wasted my time. Plus, out here in California it's really hard to get all that done. So many people have and are sueing so many other people the courts are tied up in knots. You'll have to jump through many hoops and MAYBE in 6 months you might have a court schedual you for a review in another year.

imaguitargod said:
Luckydog, where were you when I sent it? lol

I'm thinking about going in at about 4ish (after my interview with 2k games), grab my glasses out of my desk and ask if I'm still working there.

Good luck it seems as though things are already looking brighter for you.

I was going to ask how the 2K games interview went, but the first rule of interviews is not to say ANYTHING about them until you've heard something.

That's the way I play it, anyway.

Damn Man! Real Bummer!:( Wish I could help. ( My own bills are pilling up).
I hope you get another job soon and that the Fiery Festival is a blast for you.

Mullet Man---

I'm going to give the house a good once over (cleaning) and give the dog a bath. That should cut down on the dander issues.

Just tell me you aren't allergic to salt water fish tanks!!!:mouthonfire:

DevilDuck said:
Mullet Man---

I'm going to give the house a good once over (cleaning) and give the dog a bath. That should cut down on the dander issues.

Just tell me you aren't allergic to salt water fish tanks!!!:mouthonfire:
Did you get my PM?

DevilDuck said:
Ya, ok! So, if you want to do that stuff, it will probably help. Also, washing the bedding sheets the day I come over will help too. Even if you dob't do any of that, I should be pritty good with the Clariton pills.

We'll have to figure out if we're drinking at a brewery and your place or just your place (depending on the money I have at that point).

BTW, what fish do you have? I love fish.

0127071929.jpg

It's a Huma-Huma trigger. We lost the other two to a really nasty disease.

As in Huma-Huma Nuku-Nuku Apuaha (sp?), the official fish of Hawaii? I wasn't aware there was a trigger version of the little guy. Sorry, is my Scuba-itis rising to the surface again. It's just too damn cold here to take a dip in the big pool, even with a drysuit.

very nice looking fish there dd. you have a picture of the whole set up? i was very close to setting up my first salt water tank..then decided it was a bit labor intensive for me at the time...so i had to find something else to live in the tank...now i have a bunch of spiders. :)

Well, I went to sign up for the paypal merchant account thing and ran into a problem... I don't have a credit card (which is required). So the "Save the Mullet" fund has been cancled. Thanks to those that were going to donate! You have touched my heart (and it kinda tickled).

Hillbilly, I'll take your donation in the form of buying me a round of beer :lol:

Looks like you've got a ton of support from the gang here. I'm sure they'll take good care of you. You've given all of us enough giggles over time to convert into a couple of beers and a burger at the show. (Just make sure to practice your sad, hungry face, in case things get thin!)

chiliman said:
Looks like you've got a ton of support from the gang here. I'm sure they'll take good care of you.
Yes, everyone's awesome at this forum!

chiliman said:
You've given all of us enough giggles over time to convert into a couple of beers and a burger at the show.
:lol:

chiliman said:
(Just make sure to practice your sad, hungry face, in case things get thin!)
Oh, don't worry. I'm skinney as a rail. Some paramedics will probably rush me at the show and give me an IV full of nutrients...whoa ho! Free lunch! :mouthonfire:

Back