Important Message from www.thechileman.org

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to apologise to everyone that still visits www.thechileman.org website as we have not updated the site or done anything 'chile related' for many many months now.

As some of you will be aware, www.thechileman.org is not a commercial site. It was put together and is managed by two UK chileheads (Julian Livesey & I) for the benefit of other chileheads as a fantastic sauce (sorry source) of chile pepper information.

As im sure you can appreciate, the site has been massive such since its launch in 2007 and has grown into something of a monster (we regularly get over 250k hits/20k unique visitors a month and neither of use have been able to dedicate the time to respond to all emails and keep the site updated and fresh.

Unfortunaely we both have day jobs and lately we have had very little spare time to do any chileman.org related stuff.

You see my wife is expecting our first child on 27th January and thechileman has taken a back seat. Coinsidently (and almost unbelievably) Julian & his wife are also expecting their first child on 26th January - Spooky!!

Anyway, if there is demand I will continue to pay the sites hosting fees etc to keep the site live and hope to update things in the new year.

Thank you for taking the time to read this email and for your lloyalty to the chileman.org

Mark

PS - A number of companys on the net claim to be selling thechileman.org sauces/concentrates/seeds etc. We have not made or supplied anyone for sometime so please beware of the charlartons exploiting our good name

Congrats on expecting!

Congrats Mark!

That said, 250K hits a month is nothing really...and your Hostgator account can't be more than mebbe $20/mo. I pay $15/mo for a reseller account myself + $12/yearly for the domain + anon WHOIS. And, I don't even have a website per se. Yet I get over a GB of traffic a month.

I've ran sites that got 2Gb traffic/mo, made me zero cash and had 22 bitchy demanding webmodels to boot...heheh.

I don't think anyone really worries about updates though as long as the chile Db is accurate...for 99% of us, chilies are a hobby, nothing more. We know ya have a real life to contend with too.

Your site is a great resource for all chileheads though, I'd be proud of it. :)

BTW, didja hit FFS in Brighton?

Marriage seems to be keeping you and Julian busy, just wait till the little ones arrive;)
Just make sure to keep the database alive, I remember the days before you started it and I couldn't imagine not having such a great tool.

Congratulation, Parenthood is such an amazing thing and I wouldn't trade it for all of the peppers in the world.

I agree with the others, as long as the database is still accurate, as I use it regularly, especially when planning a new grow list.

Congrats again on the up coming fatherhood.

Davetaylor said:
both of you expecting your first one day apart, that must have been some party!
Seriously congrats

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Must of been when you had the power outages....LMAO....

Congrats!!!!!!!!

Awesome of you to run the site.

Surely with that kind of traffic you could get more sponsors?

I hate for you to be out of pocket.

I really like the site!

Thanks!

Hey congrats on the forthcoming bundles of joy.

If you decide to not carry on with the site. I beg of you, release the database for other people to pick up the torch rather than let it end. I for one would be willing to do such a thing being a webdev in my day job.

Hi

Thanks for all the support and well wishers. Its really comforting to know we still have supporters out their even if we have 'laid low' for many many months.

It terms of companys that thechileman.org can vouch for if you are looking to purchase GENUINE Naga Snake Bite Sauce they are:

Chilliworld
Scorchio
Chillipepperpete
Spices of India

We deliberatly supply only a very limited number of companys we trust so we can keep track of who has what and ensure customer service remains high.

Unfortunatley it has been brought to our attention that some people are advertising Naga Snake Bite Sauce for sale and using our images and shipping smething completely different :-(

If our sauce is being 'faked' we must be doing something right ;-)

Hey congrats and have a great life with the lil ones.been to yalls site several times for help. Thanks a bunch! Rich

I have your site saved to my favorites - I have been trying to read up all I can in preparation for my first try at growing a few myself this next season

Back