• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pics Indoor Grow Area (Build & Grow) PICS

Continued...

Cleaning the Hydroton in a Green-Shield solution mixed per directions on the label...clean stuff just seems to grow better quality plants it seems to me...
IMAG0940-1.jpg

Here it is with all the tubes set up on it ready to go, like i said, just need to flat out the black tubing so it lays flat and im good! :)
IMAG0926.jpg

There is those black plastic bolt looking thigs with white nuts on them, theres 2 of them in the picture above...those are the return flow fittings to gravity return the water flow back to the water pump reservoir. Look for where they go towards the end of the video, i show the placement on the back of the containers :) Just hook up tubing to that fitting and it feeds the water back to the reservoir... The drip system sits about 3 feet higher than the reservoir, outside the back of the grow area, which allows all the return plumbing to be gravity fed :)So its pumped up and in, then naturally flows out and returns...pretty cool if you ask me!

I even started 8 Brain Strains tonight from the huge shipment I got from Judy (PepperLover) in the rockwool, ph adjusted of course :)
IMAG0960.jpg

to be continued....

Continued....

On a side note, heres the BS seeds i got from Judy...I went ahead and did one 288 cell tray of them today as well...all together i will have roughly 500 Brain Strain plants im guessing this spring :)
IMAG0945-1.jpg

Heres the tray all seeded up :)
IMAG0952-1.jpg

And placed in the grow area :)
IMAG0953-1.jpg

Now the top is full of trays! YAY, now were cookin! :) Still a LONG way to go though... Had to move my other stuff downstairs under the T8 lights...even my "Fluro Grow Challenge" plants...
IMAG0959.jpg

Heres the new home for the "Challenge" plants...down low under T8's...
IMAG0963.jpg

Hey Chad...Look! Got about 30 or so already! :) Thanks for those seeds!
IMAG0955-1.jpg

Some of the other kinds popped too...
IMAG0957.jpg

To Be Continued....

Update....

Things are starting to "pop" up :) We shall see how full these trays end up :)

IMAG0980-1.jpg

The 72 cell trays are really growing strong :) They have like a 3 week jump on the 288 cell trays

IMAG0979-1.jpg

IMAG0976-1.jpg

Some of the other 288 cell trays seedlings

IMAG0973-1.jpg

On a side note...one of my 1550 count 4" pot boxes came in today...gonna need about 4 more boxes :)

IMAG0966.jpg

Some Hydro DIY update pics too:

This one my buddy is using the drill press to cut the 5 3/4" holes in the lids for the containers, to sit the net pots in :)

IMAG0984.jpg

IMAG0987.jpg

IMAG0985.jpg

This is a "How NOT To" Video! Watch my buddy ruin this lid!! You have to be careful when cutting this plastic as it can split at ANY time!

Opps! Shit Man!!!! :)

To Be Continued....

Lookin really nice!
Thats alotta brains!!!

The IQ of that starter tray must be through the roof! haha

Where did you find those tubs at?
How many gallons? they would be perfect for my rez for my flood table.

Good to see you got your pots, and once you get the rest.....have fun potting up :lol:

I hope you only went through one lid trying to get the holes drilled for the pots. I assume you had a spare, or did you have to buy a new lid??

Either way its looking amazing :eek:

Lookin really nice!
Thats alotta brains!!!

The IQ of that starter tray must be through the roof! haha

Where did you find those tubs at?
How many gallons? they would be perfect for my rez for my flood table.

I found the 66 quart containers for the net pots (black painted ones) at Walmart...Sterilite not Rubbermaid...they are 16.5 gallons each...not that big...i like them for their small vertical profile....allows me to have more vertical grow space in a small area...most Rubbermaid tubs are at least 12 inches tall and thats just too tall for small space growing...these are only 7 inches tall...5 inches is 5 inches....When using 16 T5 lights to grow to full maturity you need every bit of those extra inches in your grow space :)

Good to see you got your pots, and once you get the rest.....have fun potting up :lol:

I hope you only went through one lid trying to get the holes drilled for the pots. I assume you had a spare, or did you have to buy a new lid??

Either way its looking amazing :eek:

Yeah the pots came in...gonna be a BLAST potting up thousands of tiny seedlings...lol..my fingers cant wait for all that work :) Wanna come help?? :) And yeah actually i repaired that lid and it didnt have to be replaced :) Amazing what a little super glue will do! :) Brace the fracture from the underside of it with other scrap plastic pieces and your all good! :) Thans for the compliments as well...its not that hard to build all this....seriously....i have next to zero build experience and have done this all myself! Honestly....and this may sound like a load of crap to some....but i actually used a circular saw for the first time to build all this...seriously!! I have no wood working/building stuff experience at all...i just kinda visioned what i wanted and started building....Its going pretty good so far :)

new to this forum, but watching this thread. You are an inspiration to garage growers like myself :D ... quite amazing the scale you will be dealing with ....

new to this forum, but watching this thread. You are an inspiration to garage growers like myself :D ... quite amazing the scale you will be dealing with ....

Well thanks my friend! :) Feel free to follow my threads and jump in on them or just enjoy the ride :) Welcome to THP.com :welcome: There is LOTS of helpful folks round here and im sure you will fit right in :) -Dale

Update....

Heres what a complete Grow Unit looks like :) Just add Hydroton and irrigation system and return line hooked to the drain return fitting :)

IMAG0997.jpg

Heres them side by side...for a visual of what it looks like without the lid...

IMAG0999.jpg

This pic is a few days old actually....the Trinidad Scorpion Reds planted in the front right 288 cell tray is FULL of sprouts now :)

IMAG1001.jpg

I had to physicaly put bricks on the drip setup to get the black tubes to lay flat...The plastic they are made from has a memory and it takes a few days of this to get them to cooperate :)

IMAG1006.jpg

Will be setting all this up probably over this holiday weekend :) Will update when i have more done :)

To Be Continued :)

Update...

I have had several people ask me what paint exactly i use...so heres that :)

IMAG1032.jpg

And also a nice shot of the 288 cell trays empty...been asked about these too...so here they are :)

IMAG1023.jpg

And now..heres one of those trays FULL of Trinidad Scorpion Red starters :) That didnt take long! Thanks Chad! Gonna have about 95% success rate on this tray...

IMAG1034.jpg

IMAG1043.jpg

Ok Judy....Check this out :) Brain Strains popped the surface this afternoon! Thanks for the huge shipment of Brain Strain Seeds! I have a big batch on the way of the Yellow Brain Strain as well from Cappy :) Look close here...theres a few popped up already! Thats 7 days from dry seed :)

IMAG1038.jpg

IMAG1051.jpg

Here one of the other 288 trays...a few days younger than the full tray of Scorps..should fill out in a cpl days im guessing! :)

IMAG1039.jpg

IMAG1045.jpg

To Be Continued...

Continued....

Heres the tray in the back next to the Brains...same age as the other one up front...few days younger than the Scorps :)

IMAG1046.jpg

Heres some shots of the roots under the full tray of Red Scorpions...looking nice! :)

IMAG1053.jpg

IMAG1052.jpg

Heres a wide angle shot as of tonight of the upper area :)

IMAG1042.jpg

Heres a video of the contents of the grow area as of right now Thanksgiving night 2011 :)

Grow Area Update Video Thanksgiving 2011

To Be Continued :)

Back