• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

It is what it is 2023

L0UFxDi.jpg

Under extreme pressure from my peers :lol: I am reluctantly starting my 2023 glog
Haven't actually planted any seeds yet, but it won't be long before I succumb to the gentle scent of compost, the lure of germination and the excitement of seeing a sprout
I am, however, cleaning all my plant tags if that's not commitment I don't know what is

Last edited:
Do Baccatums take longer to sprout?
I'm rather disappointed with my germination rate with the Peachadew - are these tricky?
That's so frustrating waiting and wondering if they're ever going to sprout or not. I find baccatum to be reasonably quick (about the same as annuum or perhaps between annuum and rocoto on the scale). I grew 8 baccatum varieties for my current indoor grow, including a peachadew. Days to first sprout were 5, 5, 5, 6, 6, 7, 7, and 9. The peachadew took 5 days. This is just days to the first sprout though; I didn't keep track after that.

While repotting the only Peachadew sproutling I discovered what I did wrong. Used last years' compost that I had a problem with.
So the peachadew seeds will be going back in for another grow round.

Some of the overwintered peppers - they're starting to sprout again.
This was purely experimental and I really didn't expect them to live.
I just cut them back hard, shoved them in the greenhouse and forgot about them :lol:
RyBjNkQ.jpg

And the baby Rocoto at long last
WSIclDDm.jpg

I have no idea about the temps, the temperature thingy was unplugged over winter - but they survived the hard frosts and freezing temps we had and it's not even a glass greenhouse, if you see what I mean :D

Back