• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

ItBurns Pizza Challenge "ACCEPTED" X2 (teaser thread)

Pepperjack91 said:
Well having an extra bottle of tequila is always a good idea
     You make a very good point. Now I want a margarita. And a big, fat lengua taco. Smothered in cilantro and onions. And a big bowl of de arbol hot sauce. Mmmm. 
     What were we talking about? Oh yeah, ipecac… I think I'd rather eat the taco.

Since the challenge is heat, holding it down shouldn't matter. If you can take the pain and eat it all but your body reacts, it shouldn't matter. As long as you got it all down.

The Hot Pepper said:
Since the challenge is heat, holding it down shouldn't matter. If you can take the pain and eat it all but your body reacts, it shouldn't matter. As long as you got it all down.
Sorry that is a totally incorrect assumption. The challenge is two fold heat and the ability to keep it down for even a short time as it DOES burn in the stomach as well.

JayT said:
All the wing contests I have been in disqualify you if you "evacuate".

Like in how many wings you can eat? Yeah I get it with that type.

Good luck ladies and gents.

This is going to be great! Yea I'm like oCaveman sometimes i just like my food hot without all the pepper flavor. Still love my powders and sauces bit not the taste in the morning.

+1 rebel. that chinense flavor isn't for everyone and I only like it in moderation. Sometimes you just want it hot without that flavor. 

Ok, I'm gonna watch.

Are crusts being eaten? there's no sauce on them so...?

And are you guys adding toppings or just cheese?

As for the sauce, is it just gonna be the hot sauce + powder or will it be diluted with a tomato sauce?

And will there be a pregame stomach prep as one would want to do when eating a super?

I say 2.5 slices get eaten between the two of you! Eat fast!

Anyone gonna run a side bet?  What's the odds?  :lol:

salsalady said:
Anyone gonna run a side bet?  What's the odds?  :lol:
For some reason when I eat supers (fresh or powder) the heat always takes a while to hit, so I'll say 1 slice each purely based on my limited experience, and I'm sure some sheer will by both. After that though, it'll be pure devastation and won't be pretty. Sorry guys. 

AaronRiot said:
Ok, I'm gonna watch.

Are crusts being eaten? there's no sauce on them so...?

And are you guys adding toppings or just cheese?

As for the sauce, is it just gonna be the hot sauce + powder or will it be diluted with a tomato sauce?

And will there be a pregame stomach prep as one would want to do when eating a super?

I say 2.5 slices get eaten between the two of you! Eat fast!
The crust will be eaten. 

The sauce will be more of a paste.  ItBurns said we can add a bit of water to help get the "sauce" to a more usable consistency. 

We can add any toppings we wish, but I'm just going with cheese because I don't even eat half a "normal" pizza and I'm a bit worried about the amount of food as well as the heat.

There will be a pregame prep.

Thank you for your optomism.  You have given us the best chance so far.  :)    The bar is set 2.5 pieces.

I posted a video in the "Hot Product Reviews and Discussion" section about pepperlovers powders that involves some "Training".

oCaveman said:
I like heat, but don't care much for the pepper flavor, so for me the PE is VERY NICE! 
????????? There are literally thousands of chile varieties, and many, many varieties of flavors. While there are some I personally don't care for, there are others I absolutely love. Lemon Drop, for example, makes me think of what I call "old lady lipstick" - ick. Aji Habanero, on the other hand, is about as close to the flavor of an orange as a pepper can get, which is great for me as I've become allergic to oranges and I love to eat oranges. Rocoto Red is flavored very much like a tomato, on the other hand, and I really enjoy eating those. And, at least to me, nothing beats the flavor of a ripe purple jalapeno. Cross Country Nurseries (chileplants.com) sells fresh pods late in the season, so you might consider getting some that you've not had a chance to try and see if you can't find something that tickles your fancy.

Ya, we are still very new to this, so the varieties that I've tasted is still very limited.  I am excited to try some of the flavors and types of heat that other chilis have to offer, just waiting for the grow season to come around again.  I'll contact chileplants, thanks for the tip.

MeatHead1313 said:
For some reason when I eat supers (fresh or powder) the heat always takes a while to hit, so I'll say 1 slice each purely based on my limited experience, and I'm sure some sheer will by both. After that though, it'll be pure devastation and won't be pretty. Sorry guys. 
This won't build. It will hit like an atom bomb, and what happens after a couple bites is an insane adventure in sensory overload.

The combo of the PE and the Jimmy Scorpion will be brutal right off the bat. And that much powder takes it from being a creeping kind of heat to a full blown inferno in literally seconds.

They'll think they are licking the doorknob to hell. The inside of their mouths will go somewhat numb after that (be careful not to bite a cheek while chewing because everything will swell up too). The next thing to be aware of is what happens to the throat. That is absolutely insanity. It's not the backamahthroat, it's the whole thing, and down into the esophagus. It doesn't numb over, it just starts throbbing in the most incredibly overpowering way, then crawls up into the ear canals and sinuses. There will be places in their throats that they didn't know existed that will feel like someone stuck a branding iron on.

It will be an adventure...

Yeah, be sure to have lots of tissue on hand. Your eyes and nose will likely be running like faucets in no time flat. Your face may also sweat profusely, so a towel is a good idea, too.

Back