• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Jalapeno Cheddar

I was at the bar a few weeks back and I had my first bag of Jalapeno Cheddar Cheetos, With or with out beer these are pretty dam good. They are not hot by any means however the Jalapeno flavors was very robust. I called my spice house an order a similar blend and have ratcheted the Jalapeno up three times and I think this is going to a new flavor for the Nutterz. Several people have used the " these are addictive line" so I should be ready by september with this flavor.

I have had a few brands of chips with that flavor and loved them..lol my butcher makes jap and cheese sausage and its killer good..not really hot but just plain good.For him its a big box of pre mix powder he gets..

Dick, I think white cheddar would go great with jalapenos, as far as your product goes. The orange stuff is just coloring anyway, but the whites tend to be closer to real English cheddar.

thehotpepper.com said:
Dick, I think white cheddar would go great with jalapenos, as far as your product goes. The orange stuff is just coloring anyway, but the whites tend to be closer to real English cheddar.

I agree with that. The white cheddar on cheez-its are a perfect white cheddar flavor. Also, how about creating a strawberry or grape flavor so it will be a Peanutbutter and Jelly flavor. :)

Yeah they are pretty good, nice taste with a medium heat to them. Hottest chips I ever remember eating were Fritos Flaming Hot Sabrisitos, they were pretty damn hot. I havent seen any for years though, probably got too many complaints about the heat.

Buddah said:
I agree with that. The white cheddar on cheez-its are a perfect white cheddar flavor. Also, how about creating a strawberry or grape flavor so it will be a Peanutbutter and Jelly flavor. :)

I will order a sample of white cheddar tomorrow , I should of thought of that, I get this popcorn with white cheddar every now an then. Comes in a black bag called smart food. As far as the PBJ nut is concern, I already tried that, 1st go around was ok, needs some more work though. I hope to perfect that one next year,good one for the kids. Next year there will also be a trail mix with the original Chili Nutterz ( mild ) with M & M's, cashews and raisons.

I had the chili nutterz coated with chocolate also, very good, I had read that the Aztecs would mix chili powder with chocolate, but then they would cut everyones head off. Dam drugs

DickT said:
I will order a sample of white cheddar tomorrow , I should of thought of that, I get this popcorn with white cheddar every now an then. Comes in a black bag called smart food. As far as the PBJ nut is concern, I already tried that, 1st go around was ok, needs some more work though. I hope to perfect that one next year,good one for the kids. Next year there will also be a trail mix with the original Chili Nutterz ( mild ) with M & M's, cashews and raisons.

I had the chili nutterz coated with chocolate also, very good, I had read that the Aztecs would mix chili powder with chocolate, but then they would cut everyones head off. Dam drugs
I was also thinking of Smart Food when I was thinking of white cheedar and your product. Let us know how it goes.

DickT said:

Sounds like the wheels are well in motion. Too bad you can't go to W.o.F. you have a unique product that would do very well there. Cheap booths are still available ya know? $250/booth. All you do is have to get there w/product, a mere 10 hour trip. :cool:

yep cheddar is great with jalas and nagas to,had a naga fajita last year with cheddar..lovely flavors and to much heat,my wife makes a cheese pie with onions (spanish) cheddar (about a pound) Shortcrust pastry,sea salt,ground black pepper and jalas its to die for :drooling:

Buddah said:
Sounds like the wheels are well in motion. Too bad you can't go to W.o.F. you have a unique product that would do very well there. Cheap booths are still available ya know? $250/booth. All you do is have to get there w/product, a mere 10 hour trip. :cool:

What is W.o. F. ? and where? and when? and do they serve beer? is the beer cold? do they have topless serving girls? can I smoke cigarettes? :lol:

DickT said:
not enough time to prepare, so much for the topless serving girls

If you learned anything from your Chilehead Brothers is we help each other out. If you make it, you will find much help. All you have to do is get some product and get there with it, the rest is easy.

If I had known 3 weeks ago I could of made plans for it, right now I'm waiting on peanuts, won't be here until thurs, will make friday, package on saturday. I only have about 100 bags of nukes in my arsonel. I appreciate the notion of help. Also I building a new machine to package the gourmet bags, won't be finishe until next week, Thanks Buddah

DickT said:
If I had known 3 weeks ago I could of made plans for it, right now I'm waiting on peanuts, won't be here until thurs, will make friday, package on saturday. I only have about 100 bags of nukes in my arsonel. I appreciate the notion of help. Also I building a new machine to package the gourmet bags, won't be finishe until next week, Thanks Buddah

Well then just come on down and meet and greet, it will be a world o fun. U can even enter the Defcon zdeathmatch. :P

Dick, go with the 100 bags, wear a Nutterz T-shirt and cap, and do your thing. There's some distributors there for sure.

Back