• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Jason's (Plantguy76) 2015 Adventure

So this is my first glog other then the one I am doing at home.
Here's my grow list
Grow List
Capsicum Chinense varieties
Bahamian Goat(Buckeye pepper company)
Moa Scotch Bonnet(pepperlover)
Datil(pepperlover)
White Fatalii(pepperlover)
My first super hot form seed Peach Bhut Jolokia S S (pepperlover)
Red Mushroom form lake valley seed via local store(I think there seeds are crossed with habanero)
Red Habanero burpee via menards
Tobago
Cheiro Roxa (pepperlover)
Stuffing Scotch Bonnet (pepperlover)
Capsicum Baccatums
Aji Brazilian Starfish(pepperlover)
Aji Melocoton(pepperlover)
Aji Amarilo (pepperlover)
Aji Cito(pepperlover)
Dulce Sol(pepperlover)
Capsicum Pubescens
Pineapple Rocoto(pepperlover)
March
Farmers Market aka Potato Skin Jalapeno
Fresno Chili
Santa Fe Grande
Cayenne long Slim lake valley via local store.
Cumra Cherry(pepperlover)
Tomatoes
Gold Medal
Kellogg
Japanese Black Trifle
Green Zebra
Golden San Marzano Hybrid Tomato
Chocolate cherry
Purple pear
Black Sea Man Tomato
Flower Swimming Pool raised beds for pollination & beneficial insects
Mixed bed varieties
Queen mixed colors cleome
Crego aster
Calendula pacific beauty
Gaillardia
African daisy
Swimming pool bed Dwarf shasta daisy
Swimming pool bed Zinnia semi dwarf pumila mixed colors & Scarlet flame zinnia
Swimming pool bed unknown Cosmos(gets huge blooms like crazy a bird gift)
Swimming pool bed Marigold Dwarf French double and crackerjack mixed colors last year self sown seed
Cosmos dazzler in pots
Tall green leaf castor bean container
Scarlett runner bean by deck
Also plan on ordering form baker creek tamarillo or tree tomato seeds
I planted on February 4 and 5 my capsicum chinense's & baccatum's varieties
Still waiting on some and some have not germinate well the baccatum's did well.
Also my Bahamian Goats but waiting on the Bhut Jolokia Peach S S ,Tobago Seasoning and Pineapple Rocoto
The datil only two all and all can't complain .
I have limited space so maybe those that did not germinate is a blessing in disguise.
In any case will sow seed again Monday if the ghost is not up form the grave so to speak lol
Going to soak them next time

Plantguy76 said:

I now have 3 red moa scotch bonnets out of the 3 seeds wicked mike gave me 100% germination :woohoo: 
I checked plant room 2 today & got queen laurie, scarlet lantern, potato skin jalapeno & black habanero seedlings coming up :dance: 
I hope I get some sb7js germinate but even if nothing else did I am good ;) 

Got a Albanian red hot Judy's seed by Nigel

Sounds like you are really starting to roll, Jason!

Sawyer said:
Can't do better than 100%!  Assuming your potato skin jalapeno is the same as Judy's Farmer's Jalapeno, you should get good germination on those, too.  I had 6 of 6 come up.  I had only 2 of 6 Albanian Red Hot come up.
It is & I am lost one to helmet head but that does not matter with the great results I got
PaulG said:
Sounds like you are really starting to roll, Jason!
Thanks Paul got 3 cream fatalii now would of been four but lost one to helmet head
Still waiting on some but I have had a bit of a blunder I labeled red Galapagos habanero & sb7j and place marker but I can't remember how much of each and the way I placed the makers I can be sure now if this one germinated seedling a habanero or bonnet so its a mystery that only time will tell .
Everything else is ok but I somehow goofed on those two maybe I thought I would remember but more likely goofed

Plantguy76 said:
It is & I am lost one to helmet head but that does not matter with the great results I got
Thanks Paul got 3 cream fatalii now would of been four but lost one to helmet head
Still waiting on some but I have had a bit of a blunder I labeled red Galapagos habanero & sb7j and place marker but I can't remember how much of each and the way I placed the makers I can be sure now if this one germinated seedling a habanero or bonnet so its a mystery that only time will tell .
Everything else is ok but I somehow goofed on those two maybe I thought I would remember but more likely goofed
Well it looks like I most of been tired cause I did the samething with my heirloom beefstake tomatoes and they was the only two.
It started with the red Galapagos &sb7j oh well its mystery time lol

Plantguy76 said:
 I labeled red Galapagos habanero & sb7j and place marker but I can't remember how much of each and the way I placed the makers I can be sure now if this one germinated seedling a habanero or bonnet so its a mystery that only time will tell .
Welcome to my world, brothah!

Well this last batch has been mixed & plagued with helmet head :violin: 
Oh well I keep reminding myself that I am good already the black habanero are good, have a good queen laurie ,potato skin jalapeno (judys farmers market) four Albanian red hot's, 3 cream fatalii  one Hawaii Beach and scarlet lanterns the scarlet lanterns & potato jalapeno are the best ones to have germinated
I also have one mystery pepper ether sb7j or Galapagos habanero looks like another might be coming up ;) 
Thinking of ordering the orange green zebra to compare to regular green zebra .
I might order a few others like green pineapple & shadow boxing & Damascus Steel 

I am adding some sweet peppers Burpee Costa Rican Hybrid , Burpee Cardinal Hybrid
I also got what I think form my previous growing experience Jamaican Red actually(habanero x Jamaican Red) form lake valley seed company form sunny hill one of our local stores
They claim its a scotch bonnet & extra early maturity Capsicum Chinense & extra hot.
Its not extra early its around 90 days & its around habanero 2013 it put out some red habanero types & in 2014 it I had some putting out some big habanero like pods but yellowish to orangish .
They do for the most part have the mushroom pepper look but have always had habanero heat.
This is not just my opinion I have shared them with other chili heads
Everything I read about other's red mushrooms and the reviews have been no heat to little at the most
Medium .
Plantguy76 said:
I am adding some sweet peppers Burpee Costa Rican Hybrid , Burpee Cardinal Hybrid
I also got what I think form my previous growing experience Jamaican Red actually(habanero x Jamaican Red) form lake valley seed company form sunny hill one of our local stores
They claim its a scotch bonnet & extra early maturity Capsicum Chinense & extra hot.
Its not extra early its around 90 days & its around habanero 2013 it put out some red habanero types & in 2014 it I had some putting out some big habanero like pods but yellowish to orangish .
They do for the most part have the mushroom pepper look but have always had habanero heat.
This is not just my opinion I have shared them with other chili heads
Everything I read about other's red mushrooms and the reviews have been no heat to little at the most
Medium .

Thanks Mike that is my thinking :!:  ;)  :rofl:   :onfire: 
I am going to go on Judy's site & order more stuffing scotch bonnet seeds as mine have gone missing.
I will split them with you & save some for next year most likely I will get a few more  for next year & send some of those your way as well.
Its the lest I can do for all the seeds you been sending me
Judy site is down at lest here today but will check tomorrow & later today.
I have some Hawaii Beach pepper seedlings & scarlet lanterns the Angkor Sunrise did not germinate .
I am going to save seed form Hawaii Beach & over winter some I think .
I am thinking maybe that Aji Mango might be good but will look around a bit will order maybe 3 to four :high: 

Devv said:
Still buying seeds?

You got it bad ;)  I must admit I showed great restraint this season (never mind 25% failed to germ)....
Lol Yes Scott the last time but these seeds form Judy will be slated for next year .
Next year grow is slowly taking shape but the final results want be in till the end of this season
More than likely it will be more refined and scaled back in 2016 or so is my thinking as of now .
How is your recovering going Scott?

Well I ordered Ethiopian Brown Berbere ,Trinidad Scotch Bonnet Brown & re ordered Stuffing Scotch Bonnet (PL) form Judy (Pepperlover)
These seeds along with Dulce Sol (PL) & Peach Congo ( PL) I plan to share with wicked mike. ;) 
My Bahamian Goats ,Moa Yellow Scotch Bonnets ,White Fatalii ( PL) ,Datil, Pineapple Rocoto , Red  Brazilian Starfish, Peach Bhut Jolokia Selected Strain ( PL)  & Aji Melocoton are hardening off I started yesterday they are on my front porch lesson learned form form transplant blunder :lol: 
The Ethiopian Brown Berbere should be ok to start as I read a review on it form some people in Colorado who planted them late but it did ok not sure about the Trinidad Scotch Bonnet Brown if I plant these will only be a few seeds as I am maxed out as it is.
I might have to wait till next year or place them at moms.
Pepper seedlings are in the 4 tier greenhouse cause the tomatoes seedlings needed to come out because of fungus starting.
I am thinking of planting more gold medals but not sure if I did they will go over at moms.
The mushroom hab cross or some kind of bonnet will be given to my friend kayne they are his favorite pepper  for now.
I worked on my garden spot yesterday it is coming along going to be planting flower seed soon & going to need to get bags of dirt form menards & bucheits
Well things are starting to ramp up now still work to do in the garden aeras but its all coming along.
I am going to need to help mom on hers soon as well she has a neat design planed .
Anyway enough rambling hope all is well with everyone
:fireball:  :onfire: 
;) 

Well here is a good laugh & learning lesson
My garden spot keeps on evolving the more I work on it
Well today I have come to the realization that I over did it that I have started too much for my space too many of everything ...
Nigel voice sounding off in my head loud and clear be careful and don't over do it you will be pissed off at yourself..
I am going to plant some flowers and some of the second round at moms and give some to a buddy hopefully he will have some space.
I most come by this naturally my grandpa Johnce always did at lest I do not have a wife to yell at me but mom has already said I told you so lol

My garden grows every year.  Its pushing getting me in trouble this year.  I hope it stops as any bigger will definitely cross the line.  I have used friends before as a backup.  I had 100 too many plants this year and had to find homes for them.

Well I been working some more on the garden spot its shaping up .
I sowed flower seeds & herbs seed today & transplanted the two pineapple rocotos into a ten galleon pot Judy said they only need a six galleon so should be good to go in theory .
My buddy cat eat his plants only a few survived so I am going to give him 3 Bahamian Goats, 2 Datils , 2 White Fatallii & 1 Moa Yellow Scotch Bonnet .
He had a Red Habanero but it became a cat meal
Might give him some more when there ready but he is going to get some plants as well at buchiets again.
Going to plant most of my tomatoes at moms with the Jalapeños types figuring it out as I go along lol

Plantguy76 said:
Have a black habanero with 3 fake leaves a first for me.
3x cotyledons results in a plant that usually grows branches etc in sets of three instead of two also, plant will be bushier but grow slower as a rule ..

Thanks for asking Jason, I feel great, but am very cautious ;)

Been there done that with too many plants. Only gave 5 away this year...

Plantguy76 said:
Well I been working some more on the garden spot its shaping up .
I sowed flower seeds & herbs seed today & transplanted the two pineapple rocotos into a ten galleon pot Judy said they only need a six galleon so should be good to go in theory .
My buddy cat eat his plants only a few survived so I am going to give him 3 Bahamian Goats, 2 Datils , 2 White Fatallii & 1 Moa Yellow Scotch Bonnet .
He had a Red Habanero but it became a cat meal
Might give him some more when there ready but he is going to get some plants as well at buchiets again.
Going to plant most of my tomatoes at moms with the Jalapeños types figuring it out as I go along lol
Good luck with you planning.  At least your friend appears to be a grower.  I have to send instructions with a lot of my giveaways.   Last year I have 2 different people 24 plants each.  They both lost at least half of them as they didn't listen well enough about hardening off.

Devv said:
Thanks for asking Jason, I feel great, but am very cautious ;)

Been there done that with too many plants. Only gave 5 away this year...
Great to see you are feeling better.  After last year I was determined not to grow so many spares.  Still ended up with 100+ to give away.  Some people see them, but I have made some new friends with these spares and I think that far outweighs the cost of the plants.  Now after this year I think I am going to make it a point to grow a stupid amount of spares as you don't know who will need some that you can help out.

Back