• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Jay T's Fatalii Peach Vidalia Sauce

Ingredients:

Fataliis
Sweet Yellow Peppers
Peaches
Vidalia Onion
Peach Nectar
Rice Wine Vinegar
Lime Juice
Sea Salt
Cane Sugar

100_9678.jpg

100_9677.jpg

100_9679.jpg

100_9680.jpg

Sorry no pic of the onion, but hey, its just an onion. Here's a pic of the sauce next to the puree for color reference.

100_9681.jpg

The sauce starts out sweet and you taste the fresh peaches, then you get a little of the citrus of the fatalii the lime. Next, the bite of the onion and vinegar. Finally, the heat of the fatalii comes on strong leaving you with a warm all over heat. Turned out pretty good. I am looking forward to trying it in a week or so to see how everything melds together.

I am hoping that you also got some peppers for me, and will be sending them to me along with a jar of that sauce

Bah! Your kitchen is small but you're smart enough to brew beer for the local. Have him send you the chile's and make your own sauce. It's about time wheebz. You're good enough, you're smart enough, and doggonit', people like you.

Bah! Your kitchen is small but you're smart enough to brew beer for the local. Have him send you the chile's and make your own sauce. It's about time wheebz. You're good enough, you're smart enough, and doggonit', people like you.
I'm not sure how a tater tot sauce will taste.

Well he is sending me a whole bunch of T Scorps for the beer at Southern Tier, and if Phin will not let me make a chili beer with them, well then I will make a whole bunch of sauce

I did make and package my own salsa for the first time at the last throwdown, and it turned out pretty damn
tasty

Wheebz, I am leaving in about 45 minutes to go pick up your peppers. And now you want sauce too. Its like I have another kid. I guess you want me to send some of the beer I get at Abe's and Shangey's today too. Maybe a case from when we stop at Weyerbacher? Oh and probably some sauce from the hot pepper festival at Easton. Yet I have yet to get any beer in the mail... :lol: :beer:

Oh and TB, Stuart Smalley he is not. He only knows what I tell him about peppers and sauce. And no one likes him. :lol:

Nice looking sauce Jay. With that pile of Fatalii's in there I bet it has a great kick to it.

Sorry to miss you at Bowers today. Didn't go yesterday, hoping for next friday, so if the peppers you want are gone it wasn't me.

Back