contest June Throwdown Ideas

Next Throwdown

• Fast Food Made Slow (Cook your favorite fast food meal, but gourmet style and spicy)

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Pie (meat pies etc.)

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Off The Grill

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Spicy Dessert

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Carnie Food (carnival/fair foods, vendor stand foods, etc.)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • 5 ingredient hot sauce, used on a cooked meal

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Stuffed - anything stuffed

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuna casserole with a crust :lol: yuck!

i-got-enough-pie-to-go-around.jpg

If it's pie I guess we can leave the interpretation of pie up to the creator. Will be a crazy one!

thehotpepper.com said:
If it's pie I guess we can leave the interpretation of pie up to the creator. Will be a crazy one!

You mean too easy....I vote for a mandatory 12 beer and 5 shot handicap prior to cooking. Who's with me? Nova! You drunken sot!

SPAM>>>>>NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So would the pie thing include anything encased in a pastry crust? Beef wellington, for example?

Perhaps the title could be Pie Crust Pastry instead of Pie, since pizza was not supposed to be included and the emphasis is on the crust aspect.

salsalady said:
SPAM>>>>>NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So would the pie thing include anything encased in a pastry crust? Beef wellington, for example?

Perhaps the title could be Pie Crust Pastry instead of Pie, since pizza was not supposed to be included and the emphasis is on the crust aspect.
Wait, pizza is not pie but beef wellington is?

If it's pie you can make a pizza pie, since that's pie and yes pizza has crust ;)

Aussies have what they call pies, NYers have what we call pies... it's a pie off! Just make your local pie.

I don't even want pie I want grilling!

Pizza is made with DOUGH, Wellington is made with PASTRY CRUST.

If the criteria is Pie----as in a round dish able to serve several people, with a crust (or two) then an empanada wouldn't qualify but a pizza would. Dough crust or pastry crust.........crust is crust.

Or is it the whole pastry crust thing that is the challenge? anything savory made with a pastry crust?

LOL. Too technical. If it's pie I think just make pies. A pie is called a pie.
pizza pie
chicken pot pie
Aussie meat pie
shepherd's pie
apple pie

For some reason they're all called pies. Make one, make all... this pie thing is SILLY!

GRILLING!!!!!

SalsaKid just read the above post and is yelling, "YES....SHEPHERD'S PIE! My FAVORITE!"

Pie is Pie~~~

maybe we could make up a few new pies?????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back