contest June Throwdown Ideas

Next Throwdown

• Fast Food Made Slow (Cook your favorite fast food meal, but gourmet style and spicy)

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Pie (meat pies etc.)

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Off The Grill

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Spicy Dessert

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Carnie Food (carnival/fair foods, vendor stand foods, etc.)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • 5 ingredient hot sauce, used on a cooked meal

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Stuffed - anything stuffed

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when I was a kid I had a campfire pie contraption that you put a couple of slices of bread in, and some filling, and then threw the thing in the fire.
If I cant shoot something out of a potato gun, then I need to light something on fire.

hmmm....

I don't think this it going to be a pie throwdown, it's going to be a something with some stuff inside or on top throwdown.

Pizza is not a pie (only in NY)
Quiche is not a pie
Toasted sandwich is not a pie.
Anything made with a dough is not a pie.
Anything grilled or fried or toasted is not a pie.

A pie is pastry case with or without a lid with a sweet or savoury filling that is baked in an oven or has a set filling.

This is going to be really confusing unless there are very clear rules as to what pie means for this throwdown.

What about calling for an unacheivable outcome and default to second place: Off The Grill :D

Most definitions I'm seeing include a reference to "pastry crust". So a quiche would be in, pizza and shepherd's pie out. Yeast doughs would be out.

Pastry crust can be used for sweet pies and for savory pies, large and small. "Pastry crust" could be the designation. Otherwise, if "PIE" is the designation, then pizza, empanadas, shepherd's pie, pot pies, steak and kidney pie, pecan, calzones and Hot Pockets all qualify.

PS- Off the Grill is a good one also! If not this time, then I'm sure it will be soon~

Nuts / seed...! Peanut soup, cashew chicken, satay, peanut butter pie.

I know we can't vote on it for this one, just thinking ahead.

Okay, Lorraine, you can have the quiche................ I got something else in mind..................

:wickedevillaugh:

it'sallgood~

man... who'da thought my drunken ranting on pie would lead to this... well.. all i can say is.. go PIE!!! :)

I think it is too late THP. Pie is King this time. I do hope that the Pie rules are lenient to allow all types of pie. The more broad the better the competition IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back