event Jungle Jim's 2rd Annual Weekend of Fire

Hot Canuck said:
Buddah - is it going to fit in your car???:cool:

Unfortunately I had stomach surgery(lapband) which prevents me from eating fast. I could maybe eat 2-3 wings in the time limit. Of course I would just cause people to lift their hands off the table and get them eliminated. :P

Buddah said:
Unfortunately I had stomach surgery(lapband) which prevents me from eating fast. I could maybe eat 2-3 wings in the time limit. Of course I would just cause people to lift their hands off the table and get them eliminated. :P

hmmmm...so if I show, I have a chance ????? :cool:

Hot Canuck said:
hmmmm...so if I show, I have a chance ????? :cool:

I don't know. I hear you Canadians are soft. :lol: TTF has a few very confident contestants who were in it last year that think that it is their year. Including last year's champ, DK. Feel free to come on by and smacktalk with them. We have the video from last year's Deathmatch if you want a preview:

http://www.tastethefear.com/?p=572

I just watched the Deathmatch video from last year. I am guessing here, but I assume they are using the Decon One sauce.

Has anyone had the wings at the food chain called "Quaker Steak and Lube"? You have to sign a release before they serve you thier "Atomic" wings. I ate 10 wings, 2 different times.

Has anyone else had the Atomic sauce? If so, how does it compare to the Defcon One sauce?

No, it's not straight Defcon #1, that would be beyond boring. I was actually told by a coupel contestants last year, that they expected hotter. Well, as I continually strive to make the public happy, this year's wings will be beyond any I've ever served before. It'll be a nice mix of #1, DM MKII, and a healthy serving of ZERO. Waco, you are more than welcome to sit at The Table of Virtue on Saturday night. :hell:

DEFCON Creator said:
...... Waco, you are more than welcome to sit at The Table of Virtue on Saturday night. :hell:

I wonder if I could keep up with you guys........................and for how long.................:onfire:

WACOFlyer said:
I just watched the Deathmatch video from last year. I am guessing here, but I assume they are using the Decon One sauce.

Has anyone had the wings at the food chain called "Quaker Steak and Lube"? You have to sign a release before they serve you thier "Atomic" wings. I ate 10 wings, 2 different times.

Has anyone else had the Atomic sauce? If so, how does it compare to the Defcon One sauce?

No comparison. Defcon 1 smokes it all day long. Easily, i might add.

Last year's Deathmatch wings were indeed hot, but the flavor was spot on. I expect much of the same thing this year, except the heat level will be lip scorching. The Creator will tell you that he didn't make those wings too hot because he felt there would be a lot of newbies entering the contest and he wanted to be nice. Out of the 70+ that signed up, only 6 sat down at the Table of Virtue. Out of the 6, 5 were Chilehead bloggers, the other 1 lost his cookies after the contest.

So Fear the Wings, they will be Defcon -1.

WACOFlyer said:

I just had it last week at the shop in Legacy Village. That stuff is nothing, sign a weaver? Ha! That's like asking me to sign a weaver for eating a Jalapeno.....pffft!

It's got nothing on Defcon 1. Although, it is kinda tasty, nothing like what I expected and with a nice molasses sweetness.

Buddah said:
Out of the 6, 5 were Chilehead bloggers, the other 1 lost his cookies after the contest.

Were you in it? If so, who is you? How many rounds to get to the final table? Heat isn't my biggest worry, volume is. Those were mostly hefty guys at the end. Hot or not, my frame can't get thru 40 wings...

Here are the official rules:

DEFCON DEATHMATCH RULES AND REGULATIONS

1. Gloves MUST be worn for the duration of the event.

2. Contestants MUST sign DEFCON Release Form

3. Asthmatics, anyone with any form of respiratory problems are NOT to compete!

4. 10 wings will be served and must be consumed within 4 minutes.

5. After the 4 minutes, contestants will be relieved of any refreshments.

6. Contestants will then place both hands, palms down on the table for 5 minutes.

7. Lifting a hand or hands off the table will result in disqualification.

8. If more than one contestant survives the duration, the contestant that consumed all the wings first wins.

9. Any amount of vomiting will cause immediate disqualification, and the individual is responsible for cleaning it up.

Thanks John, but how many rounds are there? If over 70 people signed up, how did 64+ get elimminated before the final round?

Buddah said:
........ Out of the 6, 5 were Chilehead bloggers, the other 1 lost his cookies after the contest.

1 lost his cookies........must have been Gary?

Hot Canuck said:
Thanks John, but how many rounds are there? If over 70 people signed up, how did 64+ get elimminated before the final round?

I would think they probably chickened out....................:)

Hot Canuck said:

There were a ton on people that showed their pseudo-bravado in front of their friends and girlfriends by signing up for the match at the booth, and then never showed up for the event.

"Thanks John, but how many rounds are there?"

1 round.

Hot Canuck said:

One round 4 minutes, thats it on the eating, then another 5 minutes of hands on table. You will see how hard it is to eat 10 wings in 4 minutes when your facing is burning. The first one to eat the most wings and keep their hands on the table will be the winner. Move your hands and you are disqualified.

On the other question, I did not enter the contest because I had stomach surgery, and I can not eat fast because of it. I did try the wings because they offered the crown a taste, and I scooped it right up. One word...DELICIOUS!

Back