• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Justaguy's 2011 Garden Season

THANK YOU Pepp3rFreak for bringing your rototiller over. :woohoo: The gardens are ready to be built then I get to fill them with leaf compost.

Last years is still on standby

100_0704.jpg

This years projects:
:dance:
In the front I am putting a 3-tier garden
will be 10'-6'-2 rings. Will be all Fatalli's

100_0705.jpg

In the back I am adding 300'[sup]2[/sup]

100_0703.jpg

I'm glad to here they are 'poppin' for you in the containers!

Pix reminds me I need to also incorporate more stupid lawn into productive pepper garden.... :cool:

ok yesterday (Sunday) I lifted the cover and was greeted by these cuties.

100_0707.jpg

Then today I found 2 more.
100_0712.jpg

The back right one has 3 leaves???? good thing, bad thing, or just normal oddity?
100_0710.jpg

Looking good. I have a feeling some neighborhood folks are going to be sampling your Fatalii's without permission. Hope they find them enjoyable.

Best of luck to you jg.

Looking good. I have a feeling some neighborhood folks are going to be sampling your Fatalii's without permission. Hope they find them enjoyable.

Best of luck to you jg.

Thank you. If I see any kids laying on the yard crying I will post pics.

Nice looking setup! Love the circles of fire!
I can't wait to get them built and planted. Having a friend start those Fatalli's. His thumb is so green it glows. lol

Mine on the other hand......planted a bunch of seeds from the towels over the last few days until yesterday due to impatience. Yesterday I said forget it. Now today I see the true white sprouts and some I just thought I saw it cracking through may not have been.

BUT I have BABIIEESSSSSSSS

100_0714.jpg

100_0715.jpg

100_0716.jpg

Looking good Brian!

How many plants are you plannning on growing? And will they all go in the ground or do you also do container-growing?

Everything seems so well organized with those seed trays - I've got to get some for next season..

My goal is 216 plants. Some numbers will change. I already have a few cells with 2,3,or 4 seeds in them. Those are some of the plants I only had 6 or 12 planned for. Looks like my Naga Jolokias won't hit 30, but will be close.

looking good just...what kind of naga jolokia you growin? Bhut Jolokia...Naga Morich...Bih Jolokia?

looking good just...what kind of naga jolokia you growin? Bhut Jolokia...Naga Morich...Bih Jolokia?

The Nagas I am growing are the Naga Jolokia and Naga Morich

The Bhuts are the Bhut Jolokia

I have noticed what I assume to be regional differences in the Jolokias depending on if they are Bhut or Naga so I am growing both. The naga is sweeter in IMO

The Morich is great IMO for the way it makes you drool and the flavor isn't harsh.

I have been under the impression that Naga and Bhut prefixes(probably another word for it in the classification world) are simply to clarify where the seeds/strains originated from. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Yesterday the materials showed up. :woohoo: I hope Saturday is nice weather.

100_0717.jpg

100_0718.jpg

100_0719.jpg

Then tonight I decided to do thin dirt to germinate in. I found that the plastic clamshells cause the water that condenses on top to get cold and then drip down so the heat doesn't seem to stay. This should hold the heat better.

100_0720.jpg

The fun began today.
100_0728.jpg

Jon is great moving pavers. lol When I post pics from the Backyard one tomorrow you get to see him supervising. lol. Just waiting for completed pics tomorrow when it gets light since the light was very dim when we finished it.

100_0729.jpg

Yes it is kind of an oval shape, but will work fine. Also decided to go with just 2 rings instead of 3 because of spacing.

100_0730.jpg

100_0731.jpg

Back