• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Justaguy's 2013 Garden Season

Coming from 2012
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/27752-justaguys-2012-garden-season/page__st__300

Ok life has stabilized and I am finally getting this going.

Back on January 23rd I cleared the back 200
100_2071_zpsbc0ff717.jpg

Then checked on the germ tray I had set up.
100_2072_zps69244853.jpg

100_2073_zps9c1bc1bf.jpg

2 days ago I was going to drop seed in soil, but noticed a fuzzy mold on the soil. It was left over soil from last year. Never used but in it's bag apparently whatever started growing. I deftly removed 3 inches from the bag before getting the tray ready, however that didn't do the trick. I dumped it all and reloaded then let it get back up to temp.

Today I finally dropped seed and it felt so good. :silenced:

100_2075_zpse91f04d6.jpg

And instead of typing up a list I decided to go the easy route.
100_2078_zps6fddcbc5.jpg

Now the fun begins. I will be putting 95 in ground this year and around 30 in containers of some sort or size. I will have sprouts that will not get one of the available 216 cells that will need a home. I may be mailing some sprouts in tubes straight from the germination tray again this year.

Thanks for stopping by.

Darthpepper said:
:woohoo: nice! Hope you have a decent wheelbarrow come harvest time. I've thought about the same thing with the hanging baskets. Did you just cut an X in the center of the coco and treat it like a topsy turvey?
Thanks for the bump Kevin. Yep just sliced, stuffed and pulled it back over around the stem. The leaves are already turning over to collect sunlight.
And now here is the problem solving
100_2121_zpsff9487e8.jpg

100_2122_zpsc832c5cf.jpg

100_2123_zpse6aa1222.jpg

100_2124_zpsf78d3f26.jpg

100_2125_zpsa73e7b12.jpg

100_2126_zps8b60ed2a.jpg

100_2127_zpsb26e5bf4.jpg

OK folks......Any idea? My Jimmy Nardellos don't have it and I was sure all were pretty well hardened. I also have Biker Billys I got from Coot since I only had one germinate in my early germination bed flooding and they don't have it.

I know the white edges in the one shot are sunburn, but this brown???? Is it something to worry about???

Very cool to see an update Brian. Loving the hanging baskets and plants in the dirt. No expert but it seems we have some type of fungus among us. I would remove those nasty leaves and treat it as such. 

Wish I could be more help on what is wrong Brian, I had this on a few of the leaves on the Carib red Habs. I pulled the leaves and all was well after that. My guess it was over watering and sunburn like what was mentioned already.

Plots are looking good man. We will have to get together for a cookout this year, hell you are only 10 mins away LOL.

Update:
Not much going on in the garden. Pics not needed.
Just nuted them all last night since they are all recovering from whatever tore them up. Thinking a combination of bact spot, sunburn, and WIND.
I have 1 CRH that a bird nipped off while feeding on bugs... it is literally a nub now. I would have pulled/searched where it was but I saw the nub with a tiny leaf. It wants to live, so it will.
The Indonesian Chiles under the hanging baskets seem to not be happy hanging around, but I think even a bat hates hanging upside down with severe wind beating him up. :rofl: ......they do have pods.

And yes Jamie, I do remember my other year. :lol: I still want to think this is going to be a bad season :D Prepare for the worst and be pleasantly surprised when it doesn't come.

Well I have to go to work. Thanks for stopping by.
This time, whoever forgot to shut the door last time, please make sure you shut it on the way out.

Well I have an update but Photo!ucket is being a pain. Just got a new laptop and for some reason I can't upload even though I have with the new site and get all the way until I hit open and then nothing shows progress.

I have a few plants that look like that too! WAAAAAYYYYY TOOOO MUCH RAIN this year man!

10.11 inches as of Fri. is a new record and 3x normal rainfall for June.

capsidadburn said:
Great looking effort there Brian!  Wish my yard looked as good.

Mike
Thanks

romy6 said:
Very nice brother Brian. Another month they will be waist to chest high. Mark my word  :fireball:
Wait...can I opt for wider then my ex? I mean that would be wide enough to hold lots of peppers :rofl:

GA Growhead said:
Looking good Brian!
Thanks I did finally get some Sweet Trinidads to pop. I didn't even have to get into the back up seed you sent, but when I send isolated seed back to Joshuap2000 you will be getting some too.

Now here are some plant shots from that day

Here is one of the 3 hanging estate baskets all with the CRH up top and Indonesian Chile down under
100_2134_zps5f72541f.jpg

and the Nards with the row of CRH behind them
100_2141_zps75343a04.jpg

100_2142_zpsff8c4298.jpg

The Serrannos
100_2139_zps8751c18f.jpg

Billy was a Biker...er I mean Biker Billys
100_2140_zps2d500e21.jpg

Now today I am going to work on weeding the back 300 which should be not very hard since it isn't as overgrown. Then off to bed around 7 for a 3am rise. Ahhh life is good.

Look forward to the isolated seeds! I just looked while standing in the rain and saw a few baby pods on my TS sweets.
Happy weeding!

An update! Whoo hooooo! Looking good JaG. I like the three hanging estates basket lol. Sorry about the 3:00am wake up....screw the man!

Ok so here is a little Caribbean Red Habanero. He got snapped when only 6 inches tall. I assume by a bird eating bugs. Lost a few Nards too, but was able to replace them. This guy was a stub 1/8 of an inch tall with a speck of leaf the size of the head on a straight pin. So I decided to let him go. He is coming with a vengence.
100_2203_zps45245050.jpg

Such thickness must mean big plans
100_2204_zps7ce31781.jpg

Here is what is on the very top. :woohoo:
100_2205_zps0713fb4f.jpg

More to come later. Need some sleep.

Back