event Kato's 2008 contest

Hey this competition stuff is actually pretty exciting :onfire:

Saturday huh...thats going to be late Sunday here. I can wait, i can wait i can wait i can wait i can wait....:lol:

So, what, you think you are better than us here in the states? Ohhhhh, look at us, we're a day ahead! Well La Dee Da, mister! Just remember, that's one day closer to going back to work, isn't it?! One day we are livin while it's just a memory to you. I guess that puts that into place!

Anyhow, I'm with ya Nerd. I hate the wait, especially here towards the end. I'll probably check the board 25 times on Saturday (or is it Sunday?!) to see the results. Good luck and have fun flushing your toilets in the wrong direction (tomorrow!)

Well someone has to be first and beat a path for the rest of the dawdling masses to follow. C'mon chilliman you're only 15 hours from the forefront of civilisation :lol:

Good luck, I'll let you know how Saturday goes while you're still scratching around a day late.

Alright Aussie, last chance to talk junk, but considering that my today is your tomorrow, the contest is already over in Australia and you already know the results, but I'll take a shot anyway!

I'm gonna mop the BBQ pit floor with your Vegemite eating, one day ahead, backward flushing, Nemo lovin self!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh..That felt good!

Good luck to all... and to all a good night (or day...I'm getting confused?! Who made this stuff up?)

I wonder who won the THP sponsored People's Choice?

chiliman said:
Alright Aussie, last chance to talk junk, but considering that my today is your tomorrow, the contest is already over in Australia and you already know the results, but I'll take a shot anyway!

I'm gonna mop the BBQ pit floor with your Vegemite eating, one day ahead, backward flushing, Nemo lovin self!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh..That felt good!

Good luck to all... and to all a good night (or day...I'm getting confused?! Who made this stuff up?)

You got that backwards. His today is our tomorrow.

Overall

1st Place Professional---- Scarlet Blaze hot sauce---- W.O. Hesperus Company
2nd Place Professional------Canceaux sauce--------W.O.Hesperus Company
3rd Place Professional-----Fire In The Hole---------Bodine Etc. Speciality Foods
4th Place Professional-----Scarlet Blaze BBQ Sauce-------W.O.Hesperus
5th Place Professional-----Defcon 3-----Defcon Sauces
6th Place Professional-----Blue Flame----W.O.Hesperus

Well as we all see our old friend Dan Stevens of W.O.Hesperus look to be Big Winners again this year. Congratulations to all the winners.

Our Amatuer division has another familar name involved

1st Place Amatuer--------Hog Heaven BBQ Sauce-------Royce Campo

2nd Place Amatuer-------BBQ Slatern Sauce--------Vic Werany The Chili Man

3rd Place Amatuer----Naughty Kitty hot sauce------Vic Werany The Chili Man

4th Place Amatuer----Gods Gift To BBQ------Vic Werany The Chili Man

5th Place Amatuer-----Zydeco Hot Sauce-------Butch Taylor

6th Place Amatuer------Cuddly Baby BBQ--------Vic Werany The Chili Man

The Hottest Sauce went to Bodine Etc. Speciaty Food for there Smokin Heat hot sauce

Best Wing Sauce went to Defcon Sauces.

Best BBQ Sauce went to Hog Heaven BBQ Sauce.

Overall highest Score went to Hog Heaven BBQ Sauce

Well another great time has came and went. Hope to see you all next year.

THP sponsored the People's Choice winner. Kato, can you post that winner? Thanks

Congrats to all!

THP sorry been a crazy couple days the Peoples Choice Award goes to Defcon Sauces for the product Defcon #2. The finial decision on the award was last night at the judges/ award annoucement party.

Mick
Kato's

Thanks to the gang at Kato's and to the THP for the Peoples choice division. I will enjoy another 12 months of acting as if I have any idea about cooking and making condiments. It feels pretty good to get on the board after the ass slappin I took in the THP awards.

I'd also like to thank my wife, kids, neighbors, the girl at Great clips who cuts my hair, Ghandi, Jeff Foxworthy, the guy on the corner who yells religious stuff at passers by, and the entire staff at Kashii cereal!

Congrats to Def, I need to get some of your stuff, I'll be in touch.

Chiliman

We would like to congratulate all of the entrants for entering and helping us make our competition a success.
Congratulations to you and Creator for having some awesome stuff and making it very enjoyable for the judges.
And a special thanks to all our judges

Charlene of Dixie Datil Hot Products
Clay an avid hot sauce lover
Tom local Food Critic
Chuck of Crackerhouse Sauces
Rick of Stage Coach Sauce
Jack local heat lover
Bleu chef at Cafe Bleu
Todd Connoisseur of hot foods
Matt local heat lover
and lastly is myself
10 hearty souls who survived the tasting of 43 sauces and I would like to thank the main hot sauce wench my wife Rita and all of her volunteers

Mick
Kato's

Back