Labels done! What do y'all think?

nmorris279
Pic1
SalsaLady
TheHotPepper
3/5King

State released my "shelf stable" product (I still don't know if it's 2 or 3 years) but the point is I get my sauces tonight!

that means that sometime tomorrow I will be packing up a box for each of you with a bottle of LDHS in it, your choice, free of charge.

I think I have SL and THP's orders in - I'll send each of you a PM though to confirm and to get addresses for shipping. Once again, thank you all for taking the time to provide feedback during a critical stage of my company's development. Your input was most helpful.
:cheers:

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

Got the bottles in today. Now all I have to do is start cooking so I can try them all out.

The labels look even better in person. The foil look really topped it of in my opinion.

Thanks again for the awesome gift.[/background]

You got it man - thanks for the help, and especially thanks for your order!

And please do feel free to let me know how you like them, either via PM, review, on my FB page (if you like the sauce, like the page!) or twitter.

LD- Thanks for the bottle of Red Label! Got it today along with my fresh BrainStrain pods. I think I might use your sauce to cool my mouth afterwards...lmfao. :dance:

I'm going to bring it around with me so people can try it out. I'd like for you to get the most exposure you can with this one free bottle baby! I'll let them know where to go and get it bro.! you da man....I'll see your ass this weekend in the TD thread....better get yer arse to bakin' bradda! :rofl:

DUDE!!! I have only opened the orange bottle so far, but DAMN that is great stuff. I would say heat 4/10, but taste 10/10. You've definitely got a winner there. And, a long time customer here. I'll be digging into the other two bottles in the next couple days, but I am definitely reordering the orange.

Thanks again man.

Now its time to go make some more nachos to finish off the bottle with my buddy.

Def. the latter!

And here's the reality of doing business legally...state's had my sauce locked up for a MONTH whil I wait for them to test the pH that's already been tested & independently verified.

Grrrr

I should post that in your topic - "skirting the law is about personal freedoms" my rosy arse.

Hey Lucky

What certification are you after that has the state actually testing your hot sauce?

Hey Lucky

What certification are you after that has the state actually testing your hot sauce?

None - it's part of the safe food act of 1920 or something.

California put in special provisions for acidic, shelf-stable hot packed products.

Prior to making a new product you contact the state.

You then make it, and send out to a lab for testing (we used Cal Berkeley Labs)

Once that's done you submit results to CA who determines if it requires pH testing as a shelf stable product. Obviously hot sauce does, so then state sends out an inspector who does random sampling from your sequestered product.

After you've gone though this once, it's a non-issue - the inspector is at my mfgr weekly anyway testing all products coming off his line, so for future batches it's a non-delay process.

If I make a drastic formula change or create a new sauce recipe it will go through this process again.

Dunno of any other state has this.

CA took 3 weeks to look at the lab results, had a question for the lab (that took another week) and then sent a guy out in the 5th week. Brutal. All to confirm the pH we already knew from when it was made.

The good news is having gone through the process, I get a certified 2-3 year shelf stable statement, so that's useless. :rofl:

The labels are awesome. Not just the design, the metallic look, it's like anodized aluminum. Too cool. Really makes the horseshoe pop but gives the rest that anodized look.

Can't tell on the net you have to order a bottle for the full effect!

After all this label talk I only noticed one very minor thing I'll PM you... but man these are too cool.

:mope: I think I have a bottle is waiting...... I can't get it for 2 more days..... :mope:

darn, I wanna go home, for so many reasons........

Can't tell on the net you have to order a bottle for the full effect!

Yeah - on my site I went with the images that had sunlight reflecting, the only way I could see the shine.

Photos just don't do them justice!

:mope: I think I have a bottle is waiting...... I can't get it for 2 more days..... :mope:

darn, I wanna go home, for so many reasons........

awwwww - it is sitting there, pining for you.
:D

well, I'm fo'sho pining for it!!!

Only way to get some heat around here is to Pure Evil the morning oatmeal! ([sub]helping out at my parents house for a few days....sigh...)[/sub]

YES! I'm Home!

I got in late last night, and got up early this morning (9:45-ish) so I could get to the post office before they closed at 10:30am.

WOOT! Lucky Dog is IN DA HOUSE! YUM! Thanks, Scott!

dfbc4204.jpg

ps- you might see this same image in the Hungover Chef thread.... ;)

Back