• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite Least favorite varieties

QuadShotz said:
c0ff.... http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=9

I'm not Mr Perfect here, but that's prolly offensive.

Omri - I sincerely apologise if I offended you or anyone else on this site with my comment as it was not intended to offend. I truly believe that 'the J word' is not deragotory, please advise me if it is. I am under the impression that it is a perfectly usable and acceptable non-offensive pronoun, the same as American, Australian, Aussie or Jewish is.

I know wikipedia is not the definitive text on all matters but I did check this link out before I posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jew

I am not a racially motivated or bigotted individual. I myself have over 25 staff working for me and I have the most racially diverse department in my whole company and at least 80% of those staff were employed by me.

after reading some of the posts it appears I have been rude and offended you and most likely many other site members and this was most certainly not my intention. if any member would like to report me to the mods or thehotpepper and this results in my being banned then so be it. in fact, I will send a link to this thread to thehotpepper and have him decide my fate.

Omri, and others, please accept my sincere apologies.

Mark

It requires some backbone to make a post like this. I was sure you didn't mean to insult Omri. The usage of the word "Jew" is a bit tricky IMO, because it has been used as an insult a lot and of course the historical context makes me use it with cuation. After all, I am German...

Then again, a jew is a jew, there's no other, more "PC" word for it. Calling a coloured person a n****r for example would've been a completely different matter.

I'm not racist or anything myself, but I wouldn't crack certain jokes with everybody around, only when I can be sure that everyone understands where it's coming from.

Your apology is a great move CHILIMAN and IMO there is no reason for banning or warning you, in my eyes this is settled. Even Omri himself wasn't offended after all.

This is a community of friends, let's stay friendly.

yer I like jews its budist that I got a problem with.... them and those haris
there just too wholesome just keeps me wonderin whats in it for them to be so nice to everyone and bhudda was some rich kid who gave up his kingdom for rags but he coulda gone back at anytime, thats a safty net poor people just don't have, and the whole vegatarian thing is unfortunate and makes me nervious.
.....lol

I think Omri put it bestin his post above... water off a ducks back.

Mick (the Budist hatin)
Stillmanz

Nope not drunk...... you gotta understand its ok to pick on bhuddists cause they Gotta Forgive You..its what being a bhuddist is all about..see.... its genius....

besides that Bhudda was a spoilt brat and the dhali lama has more draconian opinions then the pope, seriously google his views on homosexuality etc etc.

anyhow we are abit off topic so I might callit a day onthis subject

Cheers,

Mick

Hey, NP chilliman. :)

I guess the Pam thing had me on edge a bit lately, but I guess it wasn't any of my business.

Kudos for posting though. :clap:

chilliman64 said:
Omri - I sincerely apologise if I offended you or anyone else on this site with my comment as it was not intended to offend. I truly believe that 'the J word' is not deragotory, please advise me if it is. I am under the impression that it is a perfectly usable and acceptable non-offensive pronoun, the same as American, Australian, Aussie or Jewish is.

I know wikipedia is not the definitive text on all matters but I did check this link out before I posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jew

I am not a racially motivated or bigotted individual. I myself have over 25 staff working for me and I have the most racially diverse department in my whole company and at least 80% of those staff were employed by me.

after reading some of the posts it appears I have been rude and offended you and most likely many other site members and this was most certainly not my intention. if any member would like to report me to the mods or thehotpepper and this results in my being banned then so be it. in fact, I will send a link to this thread to thehotpepper and have him decide my fate.

Omri, and others, please accept my sincere apologies.

Mark
Oh c'mon... it's you! there's only love between the two of us. ;)
I know you didn't mean anything. so stop making a big deal out of nothing.

Hey, he meant to be kind and Quad just wanted to help and you are not offended, so it's all cool!!!! Take it easy and forget it!

Omri said:
. ...for me JalapeƱo is the multipurpose king.

Me too. If I could have only one variety it would be jalapeno, I eat those every day on everything.

Also I can't believe Potawie doesn't like orange habs. Man, I love those things.

I agree about cayenne. They are my least favorite so far. I'm disapointed about the naga jolokia though. I have my first one flowering as we speak.

My least favorite pepper is the Bulgarian Carrot pepper. To me it doesn't have any taste at all and the skin is so tough that you can barely chew it.

I think Cayennes and Jalapenos are good when they are pickeled, but that's about the only way I like eating them.

Alan

Back