• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Lee's 2010 WildChilli Grow season

Lee, pardon the question if you have already posted the answer before as I am 3 days as a member, but where have you obtained the seed for all of those wilds..government germplasm collections? A second question is do you save seed and if you do, do you "bag" the unopened flower bud to avoid outcrossing so to preserve the genotype?

Most seeds came from fellow Wild Chilli lovers..
I save seeds and I use some sort of plant covers to preserve the type. Looks like this http://thrivingplant.com/. Will post some pics later of my wrapped plants

The weather is good and the plants are doing fine. Most varieties are flowering. Some pics. from last week

C.flexuosum. The plant on 1 liter that I have growing under lamp produced no pods. C.flexuosum is self-incompatible and for that reason I exchanged pollen from two C.flexuosums on 11 Liter that are outside. After 3-5 days I noticed that the pods where getting bigger and that fruit has been set. Before the pods where very small with the stigma still attached before they fell off
img1142xx.jpg

img1144e.jpg

img1130bl.jpg

C.rhomboideum
img1092ls.jpg

C.lanceolatum
img1083t.jpg

Some plants with covers to prevent cross pollination.. Will have to do more plants soon. C.tovarii is flowering.., will post some pics

img1280n.jpg

img1281p.jpg

2 different C.praetermissums
img1249u.jpg

img1248kt.jpg

C.praetermissum CGN 22795 (Notice thew purple-ish spots, the spots will be darker eventually on new opened buds)
img1214x.jpg

img1202p.jpg

CAP 1478
img1270y.jpg

img1265o.jpg

That Buforum and tovarii both look fantastic. You going to cover them as well for the seed? :cool: That tovarii looks to be quite productive.

Keep the updates coming!
jacob

Hey guys, really appreciate the comments. Just love this stage of growing when plants reveal there flowers. Other vars. like C.cardenasii, CAP 1491, C.eximium, tepin are flowering too, will post some pics.. Have to do some more wrapping this weekend.. :).

btw, Who will win Holland or Brazil? (Sorry Brito but we must win the World Cup this year. :woohoo:.).

Damn Lee, those things are looking very impressive. Keep up the good work.

Some of those flowers are downright gorgeous too.

Back