• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Logchief's 2011 Grow

Well, the Hoffmans starter mix treated you right, what medium did you use to pot up?

I also decided to go with the beer cups--at least they will be used one way or the other.... :cool:

By the way, very nice grow log, much appreciated.

I used Black Gold potting mix and added Mycorrihzae and using Botanicare ProGro and Karma (compliments of AJ) with each waterings.

Thanks Sil

Very nice LC..if i lived closer i'd plant sit for you :)
dunno how you keep such beautiful plants being gone so much but your doing something right..very nice looking...whats the light source? would that be the sun? i forgot what it looks like :)

Wife is doing a great job of plant sitting while I'm on the road this month. For the lights, they've been under two 2 tube T8 6500K shop lights from Lowes. That was their first trip outside.

Wife is doing a great job of plant sitting while I'm on the road this month. For the lights, they've been under two 2 tube T8 6500K shop lights from Lowes. That was their first trip outside.

I changed my lights a bit. Im using 2 6500k, 2 5000k and 2 2500k grow lights in mine now. different lights sources from aquarium, sunshine, and daylight. Plants seem to like it.

Just a day or two over 60 since the seed went into the dirt. Some of the gang got new shoes yesterday, they couldn't wait for the #5 pots, had to pot up the NuMex 6-4s and Jalmundos to #1s. They had one tight root ball.

Made my first homemade potting mix yesterday, thanks to everybody for all the tips and LGHTs soil thread. Keeping my fingers crossed it's the right stuff.

Here's the annums with the new shoes

25f4uts.jpg

aujdib.jpg

Here is the rest of the gang, they should be good in the cups for another week or so.

34pm3c0.jpg

29570ab.jpg

My three Jalmundos are all getting curly leaves on the new growth, but the NuMex 6-4s are just fine. Same dirt, same watering, same everything, I'm just hoping it's the fact that they were root bound.

Jalmundo

2a6laxf.jpg

NuMex 6-4

34ziv4l.jpg

Keeping my fingers crossed they'll grow out of it

Nice flat deep green leaves. You have a great start for this season. Thanks for keeping the thread updated with all the nice pictures.

Are the taller plants under the same light as the smaller ones? If they are, perhaps they are getting too hot too close to the lights. I have been told by several veterans here that among other things, heat will do that. When my summers heat up over 100, I get a bunch of curling. This is just a thought because from the pictures your smaller plants have nice flat green leaves, and your tall ones have the curling.

Thats good info. Some of mine were doing that to. Plenty of food and water, couldnt figure out what was happening..guess my lights are going up!

Hey LC GREAT growth. I am envious. Next year I will be starting germination at the end of January instead of the end of February.

LC have you figured anything out yet? Mine are doing that to and more are doing it..can't figure out whats happening...lights are at least 6-8" away so its not that and they are moist but nowhere near wet...im baffled..

It's just amazing coming home after a week and seeing the difference in the plants. Hopefully this GD rain will be over next weekend and warmer so I can get everybody potted up outside.

34j7jwj.jpg

A Brain Strain and Choc Hab

1sbgqq.jpg

One of the Jalmundos, very little curling left (as you can see in the second pic compared to the pics in the last post) after potting it up to a #1 pot last weekend. I'm assuming that being root bound was the problem, but I'm happy.

20sdqxg.jpg

2mea92b.jpg

Not sure what's up with this Rocoto, thoughts anybody

zskbyq.jpg

Back