• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense LOTA BIH JOLOKIA

you should just buy your seed from frontal agritech and remove any doubt as to what seed you have.
I sent leena an email awile back and she replied quickly and sent me the pdf file for the Bih jolokia they market,as far as i have heard they only sell one chile pepper
listen to the great advice given if you want the correct seed.
forget ebay,shop from the proven seed producers that have excellent customer service reviews.

pablo

pablo,

As I know that Leena said in the email below. On the email she said that the SHU about 500k. I will update the picture if or when I receive from Leena.

LT

Yes, chillipepperpete is our distributor. Lotabih belongs to C. frutescence. Lotabih is a somewhat climbing type with smaller sized fruits. The perception varies according to person. Peter might have identified some distinction between the two types. I shall send you the photo in my next mail.

Leena
Frontal Agritech Pvt. Ltd.

From Chillipepperpete email below
The lota is similar to the bih as part of its genetic make up is from the bih and it has a similar taste as all chinense has of tropical fruit. The lota bih differs as it has a different smell and a deeper flavour than the bih. There is a distinct difference between the two.

rainforest2 said:
Anyone know about Frutecens with heat scale to 500K??? As the last email from Frontal Agritech that it is Frutecens and they said the flavor is just like Bih Jolokia. I never heard that Frutecens has so much heat 500K.
That's what so interesting about the Bhut Jolokia, it's a combo of both Chininse and Frutecens according to the testing that's been done. I think they said 70% Chinense and 30% Fruitecens.

I'd like to try a 500,000 SHU C. Frutescens. :) I think I e-mailed Leena at some point to ask about new stuff and she mentioned this one w/that exact heat level. I hear they only sell seed in ridiculous quantity so individuals can't access them (referring to Bih Jolokia seeds). Their market is not hobbyists.

Chris

As an eBay seed seller I don't appreciate the constant eBay seed bashing here. Yes some eBay sellers are not legitimate but the rest of us take pride in our products. Reimers is a perfect example that "buyer beware" also extends outside of eBay.

Philipperv said:
As an eBay seed seller I don't appreciate the constant eBay seed bashing here. Yes some eBay sellers are not legitimate but the rest of us take pride in our products. Reimers is a perfect example that "buyer beware" also extends outside of eBay.

Ebay gets a bad rep in alot of areas and seeds are a gamble from any place you buy them.
I have paid big dollars for seeds from huge legit seed sellers that sell only to greenhouses and had bad germination rates so to anyone that grows anything buy from 2 or 3 places if you want to make sure you get a good crop.
I think what some are saying here is that anytime a new pepper is discovered or hyped there will be a guy on ebay selling them and some seeds may not be more than green pepper seeds baked in an over so they never germinate but by that time you already paid 10 bucks for 2 seeds.
I see auctions for naga hoopla bla bla bla 2 million scovile unit super seeds all the time.

here is one ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bhut-Jolokia-Ch...oryZ1512QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

12 bucks 6 seeds .... a little pricey but I would buy them.

shayneyasinski said:
12 bucks 6 seeds .... a little pricey but I would buy them.

Well I wouldn't. I sell my seeds 10 for $3 (including postage) if they aren't bid up and I guarantee that there will be germination. My complaint is that, because I don't have my own website and sell on eBay, I would be considered illegitimate by most growers here.

Philipperv said:
Well I wouldn't. I sell my seeds 10 for $3 (including postage) if they aren't bid up and I guarantee that there will be germination. My complaint is that, because I don't have my own website and sell on eBay, I would be considered illegitimate by most growers here.

I will take 5 packs from you .
where do I go .

shayneyasinski said:
I will take 5 packs from you .
where do I go .

You don't even know what i'm selling! Besides i'd rather only trade with the established members on this board. What do u need?

Philipperv said:
hi phill
sorry man,i didnt mean to dis your seed sales on ebay,but you know as well as anyone that its buyer beware at an auction.
thats why a reputable seed dealer will fix a price on his seed and get that price ,when and if he produces a quality product,
I know a few seed breeders/companies that give away thousands of seeds annually to promote a new hybrid or just to do trials at different farms and such. to prove the hybrid so to speak.
ask your customers to do a few apprasials of their results,
and that will help you sell more seeds.
the proof is in the seed
who said that?
;)

Philipperv said:
You don't even know what i'm selling! Besides i'd rather only trade with the established members on this board. What do u need?

You just made yourself a typical ebay seller that people are complaining about!!
I posted an auction as an example that clearly stated Bhut Jolokia Chile Pepper seeds so that is what I assumed YOU were selling !!
trade!!!!!!! I thought you were a seller ????
Established members?????? I have 260 posts and you have 328 so I think I am not a newbie here buddy!!
I need a seller that can sell me 50 to 100 seeds of super hot peppers but I can see you are not that person so i will look at real seed sellers .

next time you cry that people on forums say that ebay sellers are morons don't bash the guy trying to help you out.

I'm not sure, but I believe Philliperv was trying to be NICE by making an offer not to sell to forum members, rather trade. I'm confused why this is found to be offensive. I know several others who run commercial businesses and sell seeds / products all day long that trade with me outside of their business.

The line doesn't have to be black & white all the time! I don't buy much from Ebay in the way of seeds anymore, but when I first started I made several purchases I am very happy with. Yes, I see much fraud, whether knowingly or unintentional due to naming issues, heat level misstatements, etc. I got one of my favorite chocolate hab strains of Ebay though too.

We all live and learn and keep in mind commercial sellers such as Seedrack sell their Yellow Scotch Bonnets as C. Chinense as NEW this year while the seedling is clearly C. Annuum. Obviously, the pic was taken NOT from their produced pods, but from someone else.

Pepper Joe's Tasmanian Habanero...well looks like a C. Annuum to me from the two plants I've started. I didn't buy these seeds. I traded with others. But my point was there was an original buyer and they had every belief the species was credible since the seller was commercial.

Chris

pablo said:
ask your customers to do a few apprasials of their results,and that will help you sell more seeds.

That is the nice thing about eBay. The feedback from my satisfied customers provides the very appraisals you are referring to and it has helped me keep very busy. ;)

shayneyasinski said:
You just made yourself a typical ebay seller that people are complaining about!!

How do you figure that? By offering a trade like many other members do here?

shayneyasinski said:
I posted an auction as an example that clearly stated Bhut Jolokia Chile Pepper seeds so that is what I assumed YOU were selling !!

Well you know what they say about people that assume.

trade!!!!!!! I thought you were a seller ????

I am but I never said that I had "naga hoopla bla bla bla 2 million scovile unit super seeds".

shayneyasinski said:
Established members?????? I have 260 posts and you have 328 so I think I am not a newbie here buddy!!

Never said that you were.

shayneyasinski said:
I need a seller that can sell me 50 to 100 seeds of super hot peppers but I can see you are not that person so i will look at real seed sellers.

You go do that.

next time you cry that people on forums say that ebay sellers are morons don't bash the guy trying to help you out.

I won't but you aren't that guy anyway. However, I still didn't "bash" you. Actually, I never asked for your business in the first place did I?

I have bought seeds from ebay before, some I was very pleased with and some that were so so ...I think you do have to look at the feedback and be careful who you get seeds from. Not every one on ebay is out to just make a fast buck. My policy is if it sounds too good to be true probably not someone you want to do business with. Try a small amount first to see how the seller does. That way you aren't out so much money and in the case of a good seller you can get more from them in the future.

Just my .02

Jackie

Back