Making it Burn.

Hello All!

My name is Neal and I'm a first year gardener. I live outside of Chicago in NW Indiana.

I have always been interested in growing veg and I started this last winter. I used to live in Florida and I love anything citrus. Well, I couldn't grow any citrus fruits so I happen to come across some guy on ebay selling something called a lemon drop pepper. Then it snowballed.

I got lemon cucumber seeds, lemon basil, lemon balm, lemon grass, Valencia orange bell peppers and lemon boy tomatoes.

Then I remembered that Habanero's have a fruity flavor. So I got one from the local walmart. After that I was looking around because I don't really like hot stuff, I like spice and flavor.

Which is how I found my way here. I've been going through threads almost everyday looking for types of peppers to grow. Only a couple days ago I decided to join.

I have really enjoyed my first year in the garden and I'm looking forward to growing all sorts of flavorful peppers!

Neal

Welcome from Fort Worth

I guess I should add -

At the start of this thing I wasn't a big fan of HOT stuff, but now I eat super chili's with everything and I'm starting to enjoy the burn.

And the Walmart thing was inexperience shining through. I'm still trying to get seeds for next year so I don't have to go back to Wally.

we all gotta start somewhere and there are worse things than buying plants at Walmart....like ordering from Reimers...

DickT said:
what is Walmart?
DON'T MENTION IT'S NAME IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE NEAR YOU! SHHHH!!! For once the name is sown into the wind, the beast will hear it. They are built at night, when the good children are asleep. Demon spawn of a company comes to steal the souls of the poor independent shop owners. The brood sells off name products at cutout prices defilling the purchasers of said products with the cursed infection of non-quality workmanship!

LEAST YE FEAR FOR YOUR IMPORTAL SOUL YE WILL NEVER SPEAK OF SUCH PLACES AGAIN!

66.png
...from Germany. Enjoy your stay!

Walmart didn't do too well over here. They opened some stores, but after a few years, they packed their bags and went back!

AlabamaJack said:
we all gotta start somewhere and there are worse things than buying plants at Walmart....like ordering from Reimers...

Reimers!? SOA... I thought it was something I was doing wrong. That explains that.

Back