• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

tutorial Making some puree today...will post pics of the process....it's easy....

the_corrector.jpg

JayT said:
You always were a smart cookie SL.

salsalady said:
"WERE" ????  Guess I've lost it~~~~   :(

:lol:

Greenguru said:
Oh no salsalady, you are the sauce/salsa wizard and will always be as far as I'm concerned:
:rofl: 

I just went back and saw I was commenting to JayT!  :lol:  Funny how things morph from one page to the next~~~

A'ight~  back to PUREE!   

Last year I hosted a Making Hot Sauce class at the local Grange hall, and we're doing it again this year.  One of the "sauces" will be AJ's Puree! 

We all saw SL... maybe less wine...  :lol: and JayT, less whine!

I'm only on my first re-wine....tonight.....  :lol:

Alive and well!  I link to this all the time.  Nice to see you, Ronnie!

Mr. Alabama Jack sir . . . any chance that you're on your way to Chicago?  Would love to get together with you an Pic 1 again. Take care and glad to see you back!!!

no sir Mr. Buddy...don't ever have to go back to Chicago again....and probably won't....just too far north for me...

I did have a blast though when we got together...

Glad to see you back AJ.  If you ever do venture north to Chicago again please do post your intentions.  There's a whole gang of us who'd make you feel most welcome.  :D

AlabamaJack said:
it's good to be back....may not grow much this year...,.thinking of being a pain in the ass....roflmao...
Scovie's (aka-Scoville Deville)  already got a corner on that market...But he can always use another wingman!

:rofl:
xoxo to ya both! 

UhOh!   does that count as a hijack?

sheesh...Boss is gonna be all up on that.....again......  :halo:

So since I've had awesome harvests this spring/summer, I've been lurking through sauce making threads, stickies, etc.. Even though I can imagine what the answers I get might be, still gotta ask. How, if at all, should I tweak this to HFH for gifting? Should I just wait for My ph meter to come in and add vinegar as necessary? Or squash the idea all together and keep it cold?

just follow the recipe as originally posted.  It's been tried, tested, and true from many makers over many years, but don't HFH, which is usually used for thinner hot sauces in woozy bottles.  Just use some nice small 4 oz jam jars readily available all over the place right now at Wally-world, Cenex,  North40....., or some hexagon or other shaped jars with a BWB to make some sweet gifts. 

The puree product is pretty thick for a sauce and I think you'l find it difficult to work with woozy bottles both filling and pouring out.  BWB is super-simple.  Any kind of stock pot or wide sauce pan will work for a BWB,  especially with smaller jars. 

SL-

edit- using a BWB with an appropriate small jar will give you a really nice shelf stable jar perfect for gifting.  
Have Fun!

salsalady said:
just follow the recipe as originally posted.  It's been tried, tested, and true from many makers over many years, but don't HFH, which is usually used for thinner hot sauces in woozy bottles.  Just use some nice small 4 oz jam jars readily available all over the place right now at Wally-world, Cenex,  North40....., or some hexagon or other shaped jars with a BWB to make some sweet gifts. 

The puree product is pretty thick for a sauce and I think you'l find it difficult to work with woozy bottles both filling and pouring out.  BWB is super-simple.  Any kind of stock pot or wide sauce pan will work for a BWB,  especially with smaller jars. 

SL-
edit- using a BWB with an appropriate small jar will give you a really nice shelf stable jar perfect for gifting.  
Have Fun!
What's HFH? I know BWB is boiling water bath...

Hot fill/hold... Got it!

salsalady said:

SL-
Have Fun!
Ann to the rescue, yet again! This is perfect, thanks so much.

Back