• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Me and my F-inlaw are looking for some hot sauce :)

"You MUST try CaJOhns stuff - Talon, Fatalli Fire are excellent and very hot!"

I can't find either of those on their site.

I also notice they advertise the viscous viper as 2 million scoville, But I've seen it advertised many other places at a lot lower rating (80,000) odd.

thehotpepper.com said:
Possible Side Effects: Natural Pepper Flavor
Jersey Death: Natural Pepper Flavor
Mega Death: Natural Pepper Flavor
Sudden Death: Pure Pepper Resin

Extract not listed... I am assuming the above are extracts?

They are sauces with pepper extract as part of the ingredients, but not completely made of pure extract. That's why some "extracts" cost $15.00 for a few ounces, and "extract sauces" can be found for less than $10.00 for a 5oz bottle.

Examples of extract are the Defcon Zero, and CaJohn's Black Mamba.

[quote name='Cap'n Bones']They are sauces with pepper extract as part of the ingredients, but not completely made of pure extract. That's why some "extracts" cost $15.00 for a few ounces, and "extract sauces" can be found for less than $10.00 for a 5oz bottle.

Examples of extract are the Defcon Zero, and CaJohn's Black Mamba.[/QUOTE]
But they are not calling it extract in the ingredients.

chuk hell said:
I didn't like the taste of Possible Side Effects AT ALL...but it's real dang hot. All I tasted was extract.
Really? The cayenne really comes through, which is nice for a super hot sauce. I like it.

Found the talon. However why doesnt the CaJOhns site list it? Is it discontinued?

I'll be ordering it soon.

Will be placing an order for DEFCONs 1 and 2 soon as well.

Just ordered teh Talon, along with Blairs Jersey Death and Mad dog 357 with bullet :)

Considering the Magma too.

Will be placing an order with the creator soon :)

The Iron Tongue said:
Just ordered teh Talon, along with Blairs Jersey Death and Mad dog 357 with bullet :)

Considering the Magma too.

Will be placing an order with the creator soon :)

The Magma isnt really for consumption (IMHO) THe extract resin basically floats in vinegar giving you a Lava Lamp effect. Nice for the shelf of doom, but not sure how it would taste.

huvason said:
The Magma isnt really for consumption (IMHO) THe extract resin basically floats in vinegar giving you a Lava Lamp effect. Nice for the shelf of doom, but not sure how it would taste.

I didn't go for it in the end.

Can't wait for all these hot sauces to come through :)

I was out buying all my chicken etc early this morning in preperation lol.

I'm hoping to get my heat kick out of the defcon 1 and the blairs 3 am. I may still order one of Blairs Death Sauces also. I've heard the Jersey Death is pretty flavoursome.:lol: Jd is flavorful and rated at 880K. I use it a lot.
Just want heat, Final Answer will fill the bill. Put 1/4" on a toothpick, wipe it real clean, and you'll think Jersey Death was Tabasco.:mouthonfire: :onfire:

I've got my kicks out of defcons 1 2 and 3, have blairs 3am waiting to be used. And now also have Madog 357, Cajohns talon and blairs Jersey Death added to my tongue testing line up.

Did I screw up?

My hot-shot 16 year old son's birthday is on Friday and he says that nothing is too hot for him (takes after his old man!). Well I decided to get him Blair's 3AM as his 1st really hot sauce/extract to try. Did I screw up?

Philipperv said:
My hot-shot 16 year old son's birthday is on Friday and he says that nothing is too hot for him (takes after his old man!). Well I decided to get him Blair's 3AM as his 1st really hot sauce/extract to try. Did I screw up?
Yes, that's not a sauce you eat, that's a collectors sauce.

imaguitargod said:
Yes, that's not a sauce you eat, that's a collectors sauce.

Actually i sent an email to Blair's about that cause I didn't know if you could get the thing open or not and they said that you can and it is an edible sauce. They said that the 3AM isn't numbered by Blair anymore which doesn't really make it a collectable either.

TIT - try ordering some Naga Snake Bite from darlochileman's webstore chileman.org try this thread for more info:

www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=2138

the Possible Side Effects is supposed to be around 283,000 SHU's with Mega Death at around 550,000, Jersey Death is in the 600,000's I believe and all are hotter than Sudden Death. I regularly use Mega Death and find that to be a very hot extract/additive. get some of that and add it to some of your 'tasty' sauces for the best of both worlds.

Mark

Philipperv said:
Actually i sent an email to Blair's about that cause I didn't know if you could get the thing open or not and they said that you can and it is an edible sauce. They said that the 3AM isn't numbered by Blair anymore which doesn't really make it a collectable either.
I did not know that. Well, any sauce is edible, but I think 3am is just an extract sauce to be added to things, am I correct on that?

Back