• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Meat Pie Thread

Using my new Fife flour I used it as the casing for a pie using my Deer mix I used for the throw-down.

P1110188_MeatPie-1000_zpssfdj6g93.jpg

P1110189_MeatPie-1000_zpsvcx3gvea.jpg

P1110190_MeatPie-1000_zpsgezvcjog.jpg

P1110191_MeatPie-1000_zpsietpmo5w.jpg

Shorerider said:
This is the traditional Aussie meat pie.

26ffdbf622b66a8fd171bd2086c771a5.jpg

They are probably as popular in Australia as Big Mac's are in America.

SR.

Damn I miss the convenience of grabbing a pie from the servo or bakery back home for a quick bite. Luckily I found a decent recipe so I can make my own now.

MeatHead1313 said:
Damn I miss the convenience of grabbing a pie from the servo or bakery back home for a quick bite. Luckily I found a decent recipe so I can make my own now.

Dont know how long your hiatus has been, but have you ever seen the 4n20 pies at the servo shaped like a sausage roll for easier eating while driving  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

2 of the best pies ive tried are a curried scallop pie from a cafe in a little seaside town in Tassie. A chunky lamb and mint pie from a butcher in London who made all his own baked goods, Actually suprised more butchers dont branch out a bit more like that.

Tinnie said:

Dont know how long your hiatus has been, but have you ever seen the 4n20 pies at the servo shaped like a sausage roll for easier eating while driving  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

2 of the best pies ive tried are a curried scallop pie from a cafe in a little seaside town in Tassie. A chunky lamb and mint pie from a butcher in London who made all his own baked goods, Actually suprised more butchers dont branch out a bit more like that.

Wouldn't have been Scamander on the East Coast, would it? I love Tassie!

Tinnie said:

Its all about how quick you can make them nowadays, their nothing like they used to be unless your lucky enough to have a place that takes pride in their work :)

RaelThomas said:

Wouldn't have been Scamander on the East Coast, would it? I love Tassie!

Honestly cant remember mate. We were just passing through tbh.... when we left it took a good hour and a half to get back to Hobart.

We were in only in Tassie 4 days, but it was enough for me to fall in love with the place. If it wasnt for the fear of not being able to find work, id move down there in a heartbeat.

Tinnie said:

Yeah had one of those last time I was back home on holiday. Still prefer the good old round pies though.

Back