• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Meatfreak 2012 Growlog

Tonight I started the new season. My growlist for 2012 contains the following varities:

Annuum
Caloro
Cayenne Golden
Cherry Chocolate
Chilhuacle Negro
Fish
Jalapeño Biker Billy Hybrid
Jalapeño Chichimeca
Jalapeño Craigs Grande
Jalapeño Farmers Market Potato
Jalapeño Hercules Jalapeño
Jumbo Jalapeño
Numex Jalmundo
Morron de Fabrica
Peppadew
Petit Marseillais
Santa Fe Grande

Baccatum
Aji Pineapple
Rain Forest

Chacoense
Yellow Chaco

Chinense
7 Pot Brown
Arbibi Gusano Red F-1
Armaggedon F-1
Biquinho
Bolivian Bumpy
CGN 20790
Chupetinho
Clavo
Congo Trinidad
Fatalii White
Fidalga Roxa
Habanero Bazooka
Habanero Big Jamaican
Habanero Big Sun
Habanero Black Congo
Habanero Cappuccino Nugget
Habanero Chocolate Congo
Habanero Chocolate Hand Grenade F-1
Habanero Chocolate Lightning
Habanero Condor's Beak
Habanero Francisca ™
Habanero Giant White
Habanero Golden
Habanero Jaguar
Habanero Long Chocolate
Habanero Mustard
Habanero Pastel
Habanero Purple
Habanero Senegal Chocolate
Habanero Tasmanian Chocolate F-1
Habanero White Bullet x Maraba
Habanero White Pearl
Habanero Yellow Bumpy
Habanero Yucatan White
Habanero Zavory (in memory of aijjoe's niece Amanda)
Hurican
MadballZ
Monster Naga
Peito de Moca
Pimenta Leopard
SB7J F-1
Scarlet Lantern
Scotch Bonnet Cappuccino
Scotch Bonnet True Jamaican
Trinidad Scorpion "FG"
Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate

Frutescens
Tabasco Short Yellow

Most of this list I got through the genorosity of people on this forum, thanks alot! Since I only have one heated propagator I needed to split up my list, so I went for all the Habanero varities first (as you can see on the picture below). Also a few other Chinense on there.

eerstezaailijst.jpg

I sow 2 seeds per varity, so I can keep the best looking plant and give the other one away. Offcourse I'm not throwing them away, I will spread the heat among my friends so they can learn the magical world of pepper growing too ;)

I used coco-plugs as medium this time and putted them in a 60 holes tray. Looks like a tray of cup-cakes ready for the oven.
IMAG0985.jpg

After I soaked them and let the propagator get to the right tempature (± 26°C) I sow all the seeds with this as end result.
IMAG0991.jpg

All I have to do now is getting the grow area ready so when they sprouted they can be put under the CFL lights. I don't expect them to sprout for atleast a week so I still have some time. As soon there is free space I will sow the rest of my list with the Annuum to be the last ones, probally around january.

Yeah and the shape was completely different also :) It was only 22C and sunny here, not as hot as over there but beats having rain ;)

7 Pot White
IMAG1576.jpg

Habanero Martinique, this thing is loaded with pods.
IMAG1575.jpg

Habanero Tasmanian Chocolate
IMAG1573.jpg

Habanero Harold St. Bart's
IMAG1572.jpg

Scarlet Lantern
IMAG1571.jpg

Habanero Oxkutzcabian Orange
IMAG1569.jpg

Joe's Long Cayenne
IMAG1568.jpg

Jalapeño Conchos
IMAG1567.jpg

Cayenne Purple
IMAG1565.jpg

MadballZ 7, had too use pollen from another variety since the flowers didn't make any :( I got another variety that doesn't produce any pollen at all.
IMAG1564.jpg

tbc...

Hey, Stefan, glad to see you are getting to harvest some cool pods.
Patience is a virtue. Continued success, bro!

Another modest harvest.

2groogst2012.jpg

Top row: Jalapeño Conchos, Jalapeño Hercules, Numex Jalmundo (Jalapeño), Big Jamaican
Bottom row: Cherry Chocolate, Peito de Moca, Cayenne Golden

IMAG0210_.jpg

IMAG0208_.jpg

IMAG0207_.jpg
(thanks too midwestchilehead)

Some impression shots from the foil tunnel.

IMAG1610.jpg
IMAG1607.jpg

IMAG1609.jpg
IMAG1608.jpg

Almost every variety I got has now pods going, the 7 Pot White and Brain Strain looks great already! The pods from the SB7J don't look like their mother at this moment, but more like their daddy 7 Pot Jonah. Maybe future pods will have an different shape again.

Great looking pods and plants Stefan. Seems like your plants have really taken off in the last couple weeks. Sad to say my white 7 finally stopped breathing a few days ago :mope: . Oh well I guess I will start a whole nother. :dance:

Keep the pics cominng. Especially those super corked jal's :party:

Great looking pods and plants Stefan. Seems like your plants have really taken off in the last couple weeks. Sad to say my white 7 finally stopped breathing a few days ago :mope: . Oh well I guess I will start a whole nother. :dance:

Keep the pics cominng. Especially those super corked jal's :party:

Thanks, Jamie. That is sad news, I could send you some fresh seeds when these are ripen off :lol: but you probably will have too wait another 2 months ;) I saved a lot of seeds of those Jalapeno's, can add those as well. I loved the Jalmundo and Conchos, great taste! I had these for snack tonight.

IMAG1654.jpg

The wife didn't eat any because she was afraid of the heat, so I had too eat them all :whistle: with a "Hoegaarden" beer. Great combination!

Stefan everything looks great!! And you sir are an excellent photographer!! ;) Looking forward to more harvest shots!!

Thanks, Melissa. I'm looking forward to more harvests as well :lol: won't be long and I can harvest a lot are finally ripening off like, Hab Purple, Hab Mustard, Hab Martinique, Hab Jaguar, Hab Orange Devil, Hab Long Chocolate, Chupetinho, Hurrikan, Peito de Moca, Joe's Long Cayenne, Doux très Long des Landes, Aji Habanero, Caloro, Santa Fe Grande, Jalapeño Biker Billy, Jalapeño Chichimeca, Jalapeño Conchos, Jalapeño El Jefe, Jalapeño Farmers Market Potato and Trinidad Yellow Seasoning.

[sup]nice jala's, plants have grown to a nice size. You picked the early jalapenos green what did you think of the taste? [/sup]

The ones I picked we're really small, about only 3-4cm long. They didn't have much taste, I picked them too give the plant a new impulse too start flowering again for bigger pods ;) I had them last year also and they tasted okay but now that I tasted the other ones I prefer those more :) I can send you some seeds of those if you like.

Awesome shots Stefan! Glad you are getting some good harvest in. Hey when do you expect your first frost to be up there?

Thanks, Britton. I don't have a clue about that anymore, last year we had a really good aftersummer with temperatures of +20°C in October. Then the first real frost came here around the end of November, but it kept pretty warm for the time of the year. Hopefully it will be the same this year are even better :lol: Last year we had a pretty bad summer also but this year it was even worse so who knows for the aftersummer... the climate is changing that's a fact nobody can't deny. I have most of my Chinense in the tunnel, so that already extends my grow season.

Nice!! You have more habanero varieties than I have pepper varieties. That is some great photography and documentation sir. It is hard to let the jalas turn red isn't it? I am sending you a PM soon with a couple questions I have for you. Any info would be fantastic,answer at your leisure. Good growing

Nice!! You have more habanero varieties than I have pepper varieties. That is some great photography and documentation sir. It is hard to let the jalas turn red isn't it? I am sending you a PM soon with a couple questions I have for you. Any info would be fantastic,answer at your leisure. Good growing

Thanks, PS :) Yeah it's really hard too let them turn red, once they are red the flavor just isn't the same and they get soft really quickly. I was wondering if it were possible too freeze them and once I got enough ripe pods too make Chipotle. Sure shoot, not sure if I can help you judging your outstanding glog loaded with great pods and plants :)

Back