• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Meatfreak 2012 Growlog

Tonight I started the new season. My growlist for 2012 contains the following varities:

Annuum
Caloro
Cayenne Golden
Cherry Chocolate
Chilhuacle Negro
Fish
Jalapeño Biker Billy Hybrid
Jalapeño Chichimeca
Jalapeño Craigs Grande
Jalapeño Farmers Market Potato
Jalapeño Hercules Jalapeño
Jumbo Jalapeño
Numex Jalmundo
Morron de Fabrica
Peppadew
Petit Marseillais
Santa Fe Grande

Baccatum
Aji Pineapple
Rain Forest

Chacoense
Yellow Chaco

Chinense
7 Pot Brown
Arbibi Gusano Red F-1
Armaggedon F-1
Biquinho
Bolivian Bumpy
CGN 20790
Chupetinho
Clavo
Congo Trinidad
Fatalii White
Fidalga Roxa
Habanero Bazooka
Habanero Big Jamaican
Habanero Big Sun
Habanero Black Congo
Habanero Cappuccino Nugget
Habanero Chocolate Congo
Habanero Chocolate Hand Grenade F-1
Habanero Chocolate Lightning
Habanero Condor's Beak
Habanero Francisca ™
Habanero Giant White
Habanero Golden
Habanero Jaguar
Habanero Long Chocolate
Habanero Mustard
Habanero Pastel
Habanero Purple
Habanero Senegal Chocolate
Habanero Tasmanian Chocolate F-1
Habanero White Bullet x Maraba
Habanero White Pearl
Habanero Yellow Bumpy
Habanero Yucatan White
Habanero Zavory (in memory of aijjoe's niece Amanda)
Hurican
MadballZ
Monster Naga
Peito de Moca
Pimenta Leopard
SB7J F-1
Scarlet Lantern
Scotch Bonnet Cappuccino
Scotch Bonnet True Jamaican
Trinidad Scorpion "FG"
Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate

Frutescens
Tabasco Short Yellow

Most of this list I got through the genorosity of people on this forum, thanks alot! Since I only have one heated propagator I needed to split up my list, so I went for all the Habanero varities first (as you can see on the picture below). Also a few other Chinense on there.

eerstezaailijst.jpg

I sow 2 seeds per varity, so I can keep the best looking plant and give the other one away. Offcourse I'm not throwing them away, I will spread the heat among my friends so they can learn the magical world of pepper growing too ;)

I used coco-plugs as medium this time and putted them in a 60 holes tray. Looks like a tray of cup-cakes ready for the oven.
IMAG0985.jpg

After I soaked them and let the propagator get to the right tempature (± 26°C) I sow all the seeds with this as end result.
IMAG0991.jpg

All I have to do now is getting the grow area ready so when they sprouted they can be put under the CFL lights. I don't expect them to sprout for atleast a week so I still have some time. As soon there is free space I will sow the rest of my list with the Annuum to be the last ones, probally around january.

Very nice pull sir and I completely agree about those peppers of mine, they do look like the [background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Habanero Long Chocolate.[/background] Amazing that I did not start it from seed but yet have 3 plants. Still trying to figure out how one of my two last year plants became this now. :) I will enjoy and be thankful they are producing like crazy.

Great color assortment you have growing as well. I love this time of year!

Stefan . Just amazing color and variety. This pic right here sums up your amazing grow. Everyone please vote 5 star for this thread. IThe corking on those jal's has me drooling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMAG0379-1.jpg

Very nice pull sir and I completely agree about those peppers of mine, they do look like the [background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Habanero Long Chocolate.[/background] Amazing that I did not start it from seed but yet have 3 plants. Still trying to figure out how one of my two last year plants became this now. :) I will enjoy and be thankful they are producing like crazy.

Great color assortment you have growing as well. I love this time of year!

Thank you sir :) It's weird yes, not sure if my Long Chocolate is indeed a true Long Chocolate because it produces all kinds of podshapes. Sometimes I got the idea it crossed with a Bhut or something. It is indeed very prolific, only it kinda lacks in taste which is a big disappointment :(

Stefan . Just amazing color and variety. This pic right here sums up your amazing grow. Everyone please vote 5 star for this thread. IThe corking on those jal's has me drooling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMAG0379-1.jpg

Thanks for the kind words, Jamie! Wish I could send you some, but by the time they are there (if they even get by customs) they are mush :lol: I will however try to make Chipotle out of it, I've been collecting all ripe jala pods for a while, think I'm around 3lbs now.

You are welcome, Stefan. I'm glad they produced for you and grew true. How did they taste?

So far I only tasted a ripe one, that one was very sweet and had almost no heat at all. Heard this is normal for this variety since it's been crossed with a bell pepper. Doesn't matter to me because they make great poppers with almost 2 inch wide en 4 inch tall :D

Cold smoking will do the trick...............I'll smoke at a low temperature but its no way its a "Chipotle".
The Red Jalapenos, which are halved become leathery but pliable. Too soft to gring but they make ideal flakes for just about anything!
Especially Queso in a Fondue Pot with Smoked Pepper strips.....
As always a very colorful Harvest!

Greg

Post up results Stefan. I have ruined soooo many jalas trying!! Not sure if you are familiar with "A Christmas Story" but I curse like Ralphies father. I know annuums are looked down upon here,but I love them. Damn near every kind I have tried. Jalas are such a versatile pepper. It's cool to see someone passionate about non supers.

Cold smoking will do the trick...............I'll smoke at a low temperature but its no way its a "Chipotle".
The Red Jalapenos, which are halved become leathery but pliable. Too soft to gring but they make ideal flakes for just about anything!
Especially Queso in a Fondue Pot with Smoked Pepper strips.....
As always a very colorful Harvest!

Greg

Thanks, Greg! It's never gonna be the same indeed, but I wanna give it a try and we'll see if it's worth the effort and time. I will only use (over)ripe Red Jalapeno's.

Post up results Stefan. I have ruined soooo many jalas trying!! Not sure if you are familiar with "A Christmas Story" but I curse like Ralphies father. I know annuums are looked down upon here,but I love them. Damn near every kind I have tried. Jalas are such a versatile pepper. It's cool to see someone passionate about non supers.

Cheers, John. I'm familiar with the story :lol: For me taste is the most important part, so if it's Annuum, Chinense, etc. I don't care, the taste have to be good. Soon I will harvest all my Jalapeno's and pickle them for getting through the winter :party:

Very nice photo's. Now that jalapeno farmers market potato. Is it crossed with an anaheim pepper?
Does it taste like a jalapeno?

I have no idea with what variety it crossed but the plant doesn't produce the correct pods that it should with this variety. The pods are kinda flat, hotter then a Jalapeno, spicier taste, much bigger and not so much corking as they should have (cmpman1974 has the correct one on page 15 of his glog). I got the seeds from the same source but it's probably crossed with something else. Luckily I got a couple of seeds left and will try again next year. These pods don't taste bad at all and will end up being cold smoked as well :D

Very nice, how do you like the unknown baccatum?

I'm not sure if I like it, it's a completely different taste then I had before. It's hard for me to describe but a light fruity sweet flavor. Anyway I think it's an Aji Amarillo, they ripen off to a very deep orange color.

This weekend I began to strip the plants so that the unripe pods get more sunlight and might ripen off before frost his us.

Spikey Jalapeño Hercules, very weird looking pods.
IMAG1829.jpg

IMAG1828.jpg

Habanero Pastel
IMAG1827.jpg

Cili Goronong
IMAG1826.jpg

Habanero Cappuccino
IMAG1825.jpg

Bhut Jolokia Cappuccino
IMAG1823.jpg

SB7J
IMAG1822.jpg

IMAG1824.jpg

Conjoined not SB7J.
IMAG1834.jpg

IMAG1833.jpg

Looks like production is starting to kick up have you found a plant that has been stubborn compared to the other plants? Those twins look awesome.

Not really except for the Trinidad Scorpion varieties I'm growing, they are huge plants but don't carry a lot of pods. Guess that's my fault and not the plants since I've planted them to late. They put a lot of energy into growing first in comparison with the other plants. And the plants stand so close to each other that they are now fighting for light. Next year less plants and a lot more space between them.

Yea my garden home became to crowded so I have started to cut back plants hoping they get enough room. The Butch T has been the biggest problem only plant that has barely produced two pods :(, but with the other plants producing I have been able to sustain my frustration lol. Next I am going to separate 30 plants in one greenhouse and 30 in the other and just trim when necessary. Great job with everything Stefan

Another day, another harvest. Lot's of different varieties.

Aji Habanero, Biquinho, Cayenne Golden, Chupetinha, Doux très Long des Landes, Habanero Chocolate Hand Grenade, Habanero Harold St. Bart's x Habanero West Indian Red, Habanero Martinique, Habanero Mustard, Habanero Orange Blob, Habanero Orange Devil, Habanero Oxkutzcabian Orange, Habanero Pastel, Habanero Purple, Hurrikan, Jalapeño ?, Joe's Long Cayenne, Peito de Moca, Pimenta de Lisa, Rocobi F-2 #2, Trinidad Seasoning Red.

IMAG0448_zps3cd9a3e7.jpg

IMAG0450_zps3067c5ba.jpg

IMAG0451_zps33c3c9dc.jpg

IMAG0452_zpsc49fca11.jpg

IMAG0453_zps27de6ace.jpg

Habanero Orange Blob
IMAG0454_zpsd8a39f6e.jpg

Habanero Chocolate Hand Grenade plant #2
IMAG0455_zps6306cacc.jpg

Rocobi F-2 plant #2 (left) plant #3 (right)
IMAG0456_zpsf2e214f5.jpg

Back