• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Meatfreak 2013

With some delay I sowed last sunday, 24 february. First I had doubts to start at all since it was already getting late in season but with all the varieties (thanks to all the great people I traded with!) I wanted to try I had to give it a try
biggrin.png
Keep in mind that the list was over 100 varieties, so I trimmed it down a lot. I intend to keep the 2 strongest plants of each variety except for the Piment d'Espelette. Some seeds are already old like the CGN (±8 years), so I got replacements in case the have popped up in 2 weeks.

zaaischema240213.jpg

The first one to germinate after 3 days was the Coyote Zan White (C. Chinense). The rest followed quickly
IMAG2299.jpg

Now almost a week later 69% has germinated:

7-Pot Brain Strain Yellow 4/4
Aji Panca 3/0
Ampuis 3/3
Ancho 3/3
Bhut Jolokia Mustard F2 3/1
Brito's Mystery Peach F3 3/3
Bubblegum 7 F3 3/2
CGN 16905 3/0
CGN 22796 3/0
Chilhuacle Amarillo 3/3
Chilhuacle Negro 3/3
Chilhuacle Rojo 3/3
Chimayo 9/9
Chinese 5 Color 3/3
Coyote Zan White 3/3
Devil Serrano 3/3
Devil's Tongue White 3/0
Dulce de Espana 3/2
El Oro de Ecuador (PI 585244) 3/3
Elephant's Ear 3/3
Fish Pepper 3/3
Gochu 4/4
Green Chinense 3/0
Guajillo 4/4
Habanero Galapagos Isabella 3/3
Habanero White Giant 3/1
Jalabanero F4 3/2
Jalapeño Apache F3 3/3
Jalapeño Ciclón 3/3
Jalapeño Colima 3/3
Jalapeño Coyame4/4
Jalapeño Craig’s Grande3/3
Jalapeño Dark Red 3/1
Jalapeño Dulce 3/3
Jalapeño Farmers Market Potato 3/2
Jalapeño Fooled You 3/3
Jalapeño Gigantia 3/3
Jalapeño Goliath 3/3
Jalapeño Ixtapa X3R 4/4
Jalapeño Jalapa 3/3
Jalapeño Jalastar 3/3
Jalapeño Mammoth 3/3
Jalapeño Master 2/0
Jalapeño Numex Jalmundo 3/3
Jalapeño PS 11435810 3/3
Jalapeño Tajin 3/3
Jalapeño Zapotec 3/2
Jalapeñona 3/2
Madame Jeanette "Long Strain" 3/3
Maldivian White 3/3
Petenero 3/1
Piment d'Espelette 12/6
Puya 3/0
Rocoto de Seda 3/0
Scotch Bonnet "P. Dreadie Strain" 3/2
Scotch Bonnet Belize 3/1
Scotch Bonnet Foodarama 3/0
Scotch Bonnet Jamaican Indian Red 3/1
Scotch Bonnet Orange "Bahama's Freeport Strain" 3/1
Scotch Bonnet Papa Joe's Mkt 3/0
Scotch Bonnet True Jamaican 3/1
Scotch Bonnet Yellow x 7-Pot Brainstrain Yellow F1 3/0
Sweet Chocolate 3/3
Sweet Pickle 3/3
Trinidad Scorpion Yellow 3/0
Urfa Biber 3/3
Waialua 3/0

The ones in the bottom are mostly the Scotch Bonnets, so they are a bit hard to see on the photo.
IMAG2314.jpg

IMAG2315.jpg

IMAG2316.jpg

Bit to much Chimayo seedlings in one hole
IMAG2317.jpg

IMAG2318.jpg

I re-potted the Chimayo seedlings tonight, I will give away most of them.

Stunning ! Marvelous !.........Stefan you've kept those plants very healthy while indoors.

Those are all at the right height to be planted out without interuption. I hope you weather allows for that.

I'm looking forwrd to seeing your Jalapeno and Bonnet varieties pod up!

Good luck with the game plan...

Nice work Stefan,those are some pretty plants. I have everything hardened off and ready to go also. I could have gotten away with having them in the ground by now really, but I will wait another week or so. Nice pictures also!

Stunning ! Marvelous !.........Stefan you've kept those plants very healthy while indoors.

Those are all at the right height to be planted out without interuption. I hope you weather allows for that.

I'm looking forwrd to seeing your Jalapeno and Bonnet varieties pod up!

Good luck with the game plan...

You are to kind, Greg :) As soon when I got my setup ready at the garden I will start the plant out, temps aren't great yet but they won't get much lower during the night then 46F. Also in the tunnel it's always a bit warmer.

Nice work Stefan,those are some pretty plants. I have everything hardened off and ready to go also. I could have gotten away with having them in the ground by now really, but I will wait another week or so. Nice pictures also!

Hey John, thanks for dropping by! I got about 50% hardened off now, but will start with the rest next week. Plant out... hopefully before the end of May but we'll just see ;)

Hi Stefan, Wow - all looking incredible!

Thanks, PeriPeri!

Very nice plants Stefan :halo:

Thanks, Vladan! :)

Ya got a lot of pretty greenery there. :)

Nice work.

Thanks, SS :)

Although it's not a pepper, this week my strawberries started to flower and I wanted to share this picture of the first flower. The water is not from rain, since it hasn't rain much for 6 weeks now. I'm afraid we will get a lot of rain during the summer again :(
IMAG2575.jpg

Hey guys, I need your wisdom on an issue I have with a couple of plants. I have like 4 plants that have these strange brown spots on them, my biggest fear is that it's BLS. I can't imagine how it could have gotten there since I cleaned every pot, used new/clean ground. First I thought it was because the air flow wasn't enough that the damp between the leaves created these spots, but now I'm not so sure.

IMAG2637.jpg

IMAG2638.jpg

I've taken them into isolation just to be save. What do you guys think?

Beautiful plants, let us know if you find out for sure what the spots are, I tend to agree with your opinion on BLS and how you treat them. Have a great weekend!

Hi Stefan, I can't help ya with the leaf spot thingy, but it looks like a minor annoyance rather than something life-threatening. Maybe you just need a bit more air circulation?
All looking good from here... blossoms on the strawberries is a nice bonus!

Interesting varieties you have growing. All looking really good. Sorry don't know what leaf disease that is.

Me either, Linda :) It's something new for me, but let's hope I was wrong and it's not a disease at all ;)

Beautiful plants, let us know if you find out for sure what the spots are, I tend to agree with your opinion on BLS and how you treat them. Have a great weekend!

Thanks, WG. Looked around but I'm not 100% convinced, time will tell and I will keep an close eye on them for sure. Hope you had a good weekend as well!

Hi Stefan, I can't help ya with the leaf spot thingy, but it looks like a minor annoyance rather than something life-threatening. Maybe you just need a bit more air circulation?
All looking good from here... blossoms on the strawberries is a nice bonus!

Maybe I'm overreacting, Rick but last season I lost a lot of plants because of that :censored: disease. Not only peppers but all my tomatoes to. They are getting a lot more air circulation now, before it was a carpet of leaves. All clinging into each other. It's been raining the last 2 days so I'm curious to how the garden is going, should be a lot of stuff sprouting :dance:

I'm in the process of potting up some of my peppers into their big boy pots, and I found one without the label. I
looked at it and thought, "That's the orange blob". I could tell because it splits and branches out when it is still
pretty small. None of the other ones had done that.

Brother Stefan . I get that(BLS) when it rains alot. I would remove the nasty leaves and hit em  with some 1/2 skim 1/2 water foiler action. Other than that everything else looks sweet!!!!

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
How do the indigos look. Mine have stalled and can't get seeds to grow aTm.

All three have buds and one is about to flower soon but they have stretched a bit due to being to long inside. I really need to hurry with my garden but the lack of time is ruining it for me. I've put a tray outside and now it has been raining for about 4 days, they are started to get messed up :(

Sanarda said:
Things looking good besides the leaf issue. I have something similar and was starting to think it was TMV. I took off most of the leaves like that and then they went outside.
Yeah, Pia. I totally stripped them also. Just have to wait for new leaves to form.

roper2008 said:
I'm in the process of potting up some of my peppers into their big boy pots, and I found one without the label. I
looked at it and thought, "That's the orange blob". I could tell because it splits and branches out when it is still
pretty small. None of the other ones had done that.
Sounds about right on the Blob, Linda :) Does it have hairy stems and on the bottom of the leaves?

romy6 said:
 Brother Stefan . I get that(BLS) when it rains alot. I would remove the nasty leaves and hit em  with some 1/2 skim 1/2 water foiler action. Other than that everything else looks sweet!!!!
The funny thing is, Jamie that this happend inside my growtent, inside the house. So they never got any rain or disease around them, that's why it's so strange. Luckily it's not a lot of plants but I don't wanna miss out on those varieties ;) Thanks for the support!

Stefan, I don't think that's BLS...It looks more like fert burn to me. I've had a heckuva a lot of BLS, and the spots almost always display a yellow "halo."

Your mad growing skillz are formidable! Everything looks really good.

Have a great weekend!

Gary

windchicken said:
Stefan, I don't think that's BLS...It looks more like fert burn to me. I've had a heckuva a lot of BLS, and the spots almost always display a yellow "halo."

Your mad growing skillz are formidable! Everything looks really good.

Have a great weekend!

Gary

Thanks for cheering me up, Gary. Unfortunately more Chinense are getting the same spots on the leaves, I stripped them down. Will keep a very close eye to them, would hate to loose all my Chinense this season :( I ordered some copper spray just in case, which I also need for my tomatoes. You have a great weekend as well!

Small update.

Since we aren't getting any sun anytime soon (forecasts says for at least another 2 weeks cloudy with rain) I tried to place the poly sheet over my tunnel. Not much later it started to rain a lot so we had to abort. Today when it was dry, I got some more work done this time. It's pretty difficult doing this job on your own but I pretty pleased so far with the result.

Work in progress
IMAG2670.jpg

IMAG2671.jpg

Last plants in the growtent.
IMAG2647.jpg

In trays.
IMAG2648.jpg

IMAG2649.jpg

Tray in the livingroom because of the bad weather. The other 2 trays are outside due to lack of space.
IMAG2664.jpg

Playing hide and seek :)
IMAG2668.jpg

And my Numex Twilight's for the front garden.

IMAG2665.jpg

KiNGDeNNiZ, my OSU Blue is flowering at this moment.
IMAG2656.jpg

Back