• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Meatfreak 2014 Glog

So I've started my grow a couple of weeks ago, 28th of January. I use the same setup as previous seasons, 2x 125watt CFL 6400K lights, black/white foil. First round were the Chinense, about 22 different varieties, mostly superhots and hots. Almost everything germinated within a week and with a total germ rate of 92% I was pretty pleased. I potted them up last week and they quickly showed new growth again. Well enough talk, this is what the plants looked like yesterday, 10 days after transplant and almost 4 weeks from start date.

IMAG3823_.jpg

IMAG3824_.jpg

Devil’s Tongue White (Jason/GA Growhead)
IMAG3825.jpg

This one is a beast, very rapid growth, big leaves and already branching out? Georgia Black (Jason/GA Growhead)
IMAG3828.jpg

IMAG3829.jpg

This season I'm growing out a couple of crosses from friends like Gary/Nagabrain Chocolate F-2, Mike/Elysium Oxide Bonnet and Jamie/Green Hornet F-2. Also some phenotypes that showed up at John's garden, 7 Pot Peach F-2 and 7 Pot Caramel F-2. Of course I'm also growing my own discovery from last season, Pimenta Lisa F-2. Got 2 seedlings going, one has the desired traits so far and the other one is green as grass. Looking forward to growing both out!

Last weekend I started up the second round, mostly Annuum and some Chinense I got in trades these last few weeks. Today the the first ones sprouted after merely 3 days and even Chinense! Well that's it for now, thanks for keeping up so far :D

stickman said:
Nice pull Stefan! That 7-Pot Lava Yellow looks very tasty... have you sampled one yet?
Thanks, Rick. I haven't tasted it yet. Only smelled and it smelled a lot like an 7 Pot Yellow, Brain Strain, Moruga. I have been seeding the pods mostly at night so I didn't wanna risk getting my stomach upset before going to bed ;)

Devv said:
Wow Stefan!

Things have really ramped up at your place!

Great work there for sure!
Got my hands full for sure, Scott. Unfortunately the weather hasn't been so great the last couple of months and forecasts are talking about 48F during the night :( Sure hope we get an Indian Summer again in September/October like we been having the last 4 years.

romy6 said:
Just amazing stuff Stefan !!!!!Keep the pics flowing and the processing going !!!! :party:
Will do my best, sir  :cheers:

stickman said:
Looking in on my Pimenta Lisa, I see the closer the pods get to ripening, the more of the purple color they lose. Maybe they're gonna turn orange after all.
IMAG0019_zps20201aae.jpg

Cheers!
That's an big pod, Rick. Looks like you might be right, I've seen this color phase before at Jamie's plant. His went peach to. I hope it will go peach for you because they are much more tastier then the white and purple pods :P I love the colors but the taste is flat compared to the peach pheno.

ronniedeb said:
Nice. Those Scotch Brains look amazing.

capsidadburn said:
Agreed with RonnieDeb, the Scotch Brains are awesome indeed!  Glad you liked the EOB's.

Later, Great weekend!

Devv said:
More goodness!

Just keep em coming ;)

Barley-pop57 said:
Stefan,

Nice looking pods !!!  I've not tried about all of them...let alone grow them.  I have a little jealousy....LOL.  Keep up the great work !!!!

Thanks, everyone. I will let you know how the EOB's taste like and what the heat was like, Mike. Need to de-seed these asap and process them because I got a big load of tomatoes waiting for me.

IMAG5082_.jpg

IMAG5089_.jpg

Green Hornet F-2 from Jamie  :party: Looks ripe to me, what do you think?
IMAG5161.jpg

Morado, also from Jamie.
IMAG5163.jpg

Finally! Took ages to turn, hopefully more white.
IMAG5164.jpg

First BOC's to ripen :D It's like the color was poured over the pod.
IMAG5165.jpg

Georgia Black from Jason.... insane producer and plant but it takes a really really long time for the pods to turn. I got 3 plants but 1 would have been more then enough.
IMAG5166.jpg

Also very happy to see some color on the OW Jalapeño Farmers Market Potato. First pod formed and the rest followed pretty quickly.
Got good hope I will get a good amount of pods from it this time.
IMAG5156.jpg

Really love this time of year seeing all the bountiful harvests and beautiful photography.  I agree with everybody posts before me those Scotch Brains look killer with good traits from both parents.  Can't wait to try this pepper.  Props for crossing these two and getting this pod as a result very nice Stephen.

Back