• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Memorial Day (Two-Week) User-land BBQ Contest

There are no rules. It's a casual contest with a big prizes, and the winners will be determined by user polling over next weekend.

The prize box I'm providing will have items from:

Joyner's Hot Peppers
Texas Creek
Lucky Dog Hot Sauces
Dee Roo (SmokenFire)
Scotty O'Hotty
Pex Peppers
Walkerswood
Teeny Tiny Spice Co.
Meat Church
Defcon
Mild Bill's
Johnson Berry Farms
Zatarain's
Season With Spice

... so far.

I haven't poked around my Asian shelves, or the Cambro's of Modernist powders yet - but I'll be including stuff from there as well, if possible.

A prize box from JHP will be provided by Joyner's Hot Pepper Powders, thanks Chris.

A prize box from Texas Creek is forthcoming, TBD once we figure out how the voting will be organized. This prize can be donated to AnySoldier.

Just worked out a prize box from Lucky Dog Hot Sauce with Scott that will include the new Chipotle, a Dia Del Perro, and the Black label sauce (CONUS) (tctenten has sponsored this being available to an expat member if it ends up as such).

And also, a prize box from Pex Peppers that will include a pair of his sauces (CONUS).

* If you are a producer/vendor, or just looking to sponsor a prize box out of sheer benevolence, shoot me a PM and we'll get it in there ...

The more prizes the better, certainly.

:rolleyes:

This Thread Is Officially Derailed!

:WOOT!:  it only took 15 pages!  That must be a THP record of some kind~~~~

:lol:

Grilled Lobster Maki two way's- 

Stinky Pee Roll- lightly grilled asparagus,shiitakes, fresh Maine lobster meat from claws and knuckles, and homemade spicy aioli 

Kinky We Roll- Lightly grilled avocado fresh Maine Lobster tail, homemade spicy aioli

did a quick marinade for the lobster tail and shiitake mushrooms of fresh ginger,garlic,lemon/lime zest,soy,rice vinegar,worcestershire,thai powder,spring onion

Lobster was lightly blanched to remove tail while still raw, then tossed on the bbq over hardwood lump.  :cheers:
20150526_144124_zpsihbn64or.jpg

20150526_144540_zpscjo0jvll.jpg

Honor thy asparagi-  :P 
20150526_171853_zpscjtjbeez.jpg

20150526_171823_zpscvneycfc.jpg

20150526_172020_zpstx9ldp87.jpg

20150526_172026_zpsers9gvwq.jpg

20150526_172103_zpsffsdxatw.jpg

BBQ practice went awesome, 6 racks of spares and my rub/sauce won out.  Now we'll q every other weekend or so till the Windy City Classic in Sept to get all the times/methods/meats down.  Got some pretty big rain come through here and there - and one of the down pours got my phone.  I've got in chilling in a bowl of rice right now, replacement supposed to be here before the end of the week.  Pics of our escapades not likely to make it.  

Excellent entries all, and glad to see em still rolling in!  That board with the beef rib/curly fries/cole slaw and jelly really spoke to me.

FreeportBum said:
Grilled Lobster Maki two way's- 

Stinky Pee Roll- lightly grilled asparagus,shiitakes, fresh Maine lobster meat from claws and knuckles, and homemade spicy aioli 

Kinky We Roll- Lightly grilled avocado fresh Maine Lobster tail, homemade spicy aioli

did a quick marinade for the lobster tail and shiitake mushrooms of fresh ginger,garlic,lemon/lime zest,soy,rice vinegar,worcestershire,thai powder,spring onion

Lobster was lightly blanched to remove tail while still raw, then tossed on the bbq over hardwood lump.  :cheers:
20150526_144124_zpsihbn64or.jpg

20150526_144540_zpscjo0jvll.jpg

Honor thy asparagi-  :P 
20150526_171853_zpscjtjbeez.jpg

20150526_171823_zpscvneycfc.jpg

20150526_172020_zpstx9ldp87.jpg

20150526_172026_zpsers9gvwq.jpg

20150526_172103_zpsffsdxatw.jpg
Impressive!

Well here goes...  (It certainly tasted great)

Burgers served w/ Homemade Ghost Pickles,  some Grilled Aji Amarillo peppers, Beans & Corn with Chocolate Hab powder. side of Avocado...

& now, a Pic showing the HEAT
(Pex Peppers Atom Splitter was mixed in with the Beef sparingly, more sauces were provided for those who wanted to try some heat but didn't want it premixed into their burger)

Thanks for making great Sauces guys (left-Right LuckyDogHotSauce, Pex Peppers, Cappy's BrainStrain..!

Dang it!  I didn't know about the comp until Sunday, and didn't have a chance to get to the store.  Now I'm at my Dad's house for a few days, he doesn't even have a BBQ or Grill or ANYTHING!!!!!  And I'm just jonesing to get something charred up!  Dad brought home some corn ON THE COB.  :lol:  first thing I thought of was.......  AAAAGH!  NO GRILL!!!!!!  Found some nice steaks in the freezer......again, No GRILL!!!

When growing up, we never ever did grill, smoke, or Q.  The closest us kids got was dawgs over the campfire.

True Story.

I do make one killer s'more though!  There is an art to making the perfect s'more. 

Now, it's not worth it to even think about getting Dad a grill.  Mom's gone, she did all the cooking anyway.  BUT!  We do have a lot of family staying here quite often.  Maybe between my 2 bros and myself it would be worth it.....

Hmmmm........gonna have to mention that to my big bros....  :)

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
Well... I just made some grilled Burgers & Peppers, I was going to post here... but after seeing all these Really nice Pics... Maybe not.

Fancy looking food is for posers. 

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:

So many folks hate on burgers with lettuce, tomato and other veggies. They can stuff it. Those salad burgers you posted look damn good. I love the roasted peppers! Thanks for sharing!

BigB said:
i second the salad burger

btw, i need bacon.

i tried the ham, but i really need that bacon again, sometime soon ...

i think i might get some, cut my carbs the morning of the day before, and then obliterate some bacon while running on ketones the following night ... guiltlessly.

Back