• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Memorial Day (Two-Week) User-land BBQ Contest

There are no rules. It's a casual contest with a big prizes, and the winners will be determined by user polling over next weekend.

The prize box I'm providing will have items from:

Joyner's Hot Peppers
Texas Creek
Lucky Dog Hot Sauces
Dee Roo (SmokenFire)
Scotty O'Hotty
Pex Peppers
Walkerswood
Teeny Tiny Spice Co.
Meat Church
Defcon
Mild Bill's
Johnson Berry Farms
Zatarain's
Season With Spice

... so far.

I haven't poked around my Asian shelves, or the Cambro's of Modernist powders yet - but I'll be including stuff from there as well, if possible.

A prize box from JHP will be provided by Joyner's Hot Pepper Powders, thanks Chris.

A prize box from Texas Creek is forthcoming, TBD once we figure out how the voting will be organized. This prize can be donated to AnySoldier.

Just worked out a prize box from Lucky Dog Hot Sauce with Scott that will include the new Chipotle, a Dia Del Perro, and the Black label sauce (CONUS) (tctenten has sponsored this being available to an expat member if it ends up as such).

And also, a prize box from Pex Peppers that will include a pair of his sauces (CONUS).

* If you are a producer/vendor, or just looking to sponsor a prize box out of sheer benevolence, shoot me a PM and we'll get it in there ...

The more prizes the better, certainly.

D3monic said:
Oh my , everyone posting some goodies.... here's all i'm left with lol

Pork chops seasoned with pink Himalayan salt, mc cormicks Belgian wheat ale seasoning and some JHP Caribbean blend powder. Turned out pretty good  though not as fancy as all that above me 

Nice looking marks, nice looking chops ...

For being at work, you are rocking it out IMHO ...

I love the Caribbean Chocolate ... that shit's yum.

Boss is saying he's thinking about getting us a grill here but at the rate he picks things up that could be winter... and he buys the cheapest of the cheap so there's that. Prolly end up with a 12" round charcoal grill for 18 guys to fight over using. 

D3monic said:
Boss is saying he's thinking about getting us a grill here but at the rate he picks things up that could be winter... and he buys the cheapest of the cheap so there's that. Prolly end up with a 12" round charcoal grill for 18 guys to fight over using. 

I have to LOL ...

I asked for a gas grill at work for years ... for a healthy alternative since there's no kitchen (years of takeout) ...

I ended up working from home BECAUSE it never came, actually ...

If I could work from home that would be nice but this place has to be staffed 24/7. There's no reason I couldn't control the pipeline from home vs here. It's still done over a fiber optic network and on a computer. Though they would have to buy me 3-4 more monitors. 

I just moved a port a potty from under a air intake vent at the boiler house, don't know what they was thinking but that thing was sucking the stink right out the vent stack from only 3" away. Not next to either, it's angled out at a 70 angle and this thing was parked under it. 

salsalady said:
I'm lucky to have a regularly serviced Porta-Potty at the job site.   Kwitcher-bitchin~
:cool:

We so fancy , got a dish washer, fridge, locker room and two showers... but you can imagine the state those are in with 18 guys here all day, two of which are horrible slobs

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

Those ribs look excellent. What's the sauce?

sorry I meant to answer you on Sunday but I was a bit busy running around.

It was a riff on a  homemade sauce I just eyeball  when I make it . .      smoked onion and garlic, beer,  jalapeno ketchup, low sodium soy, rice wine vinegar, fish sauce, allspice, garlic powder, onion powder, salt pepper, ancho powder, chipotle powder, honey.    

I dusted my ribs with  a good dose of  hab powder after that fact, because I knew I was pushing the edge of my wife's spice tolerance with the sauce. 

Booma said:
Just some simple beef ribs for my little bbq entry, spent there time in the old weber kettle, snake method, yellow box and cherry wood, some meatchurch rub. Perfect. Crappy iPhone pics, the sun goes down way to early at the moment

I can't believe I missed this earlier... Awesome,  I love cherry smoke  on beef ribs. 

Part way through lunch today, not as good as the original, but still pretty damn good.  Also, I realized I didn't show anything cut open.  

102_0208.JPG

grantmichaels said:
Just adding a new prize ...

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce's new Chipotle (brown), and Dia Del Perro, and Black label ...

This one's for continental US folks ... but I'll figure it out later, if need be.
Black label beer? Worst hangover of my life almost 30 years ago. Bleck!

Back