• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Memorial Day (Two-Week) User-land BBQ Contest

There are no rules. It's a casual contest with a big prizes, and the winners will be determined by user polling over next weekend.

The prize box I'm providing will have items from:

Joyner's Hot Peppers
Texas Creek
Lucky Dog Hot Sauces
Dee Roo (SmokenFire)
Scotty O'Hotty
Pex Peppers
Walkerswood
Teeny Tiny Spice Co.
Meat Church
Defcon
Mild Bill's
Johnson Berry Farms
Zatarain's
Season With Spice

... so far.

I haven't poked around my Asian shelves, or the Cambro's of Modernist powders yet - but I'll be including stuff from there as well, if possible.

A prize box from JHP will be provided by Joyner's Hot Pepper Powders, thanks Chris.

A prize box from Texas Creek is forthcoming, TBD once we figure out how the voting will be organized. This prize can be donated to AnySoldier.

Just worked out a prize box from Lucky Dog Hot Sauce with Scott that will include the new Chipotle, a Dia Del Perro, and the Black label sauce (CONUS) (tctenten has sponsored this being available to an expat member if it ends up as such).

And also, a prize box from Pex Peppers that will include a pair of his sauces (CONUS).

* If you are a producer/vendor, or just looking to sponsor a prize box out of sheer benevolence, shoot me a PM and we'll get it in there ...

The more prizes the better, certainly.

Ok, chicken is back in the game....this is all for fun for me and really how I eat most of the time as you people know hahahha

11328257_1434476860193497_949721740_n.jpg

Phil said:

And on bacon wrapped sausage.

Done bun!

Good, old-fashioned, all-American barbecued chicken... Doesn't matter whether you're rich or poor, or whether you're Bobby Flay or Bobby Hill.... You can cook barbecued chicken. It has been in every household (bold statement alert!). Country songs have been written about it. It's seen the gunpowder of July 4th, and it's seen a September Saturday and Sunday tailgate party... yes, ladies and gentlemen, barbecued chicken has been there for it all.

I need a Snickers ice cream bar, now! 

17907931280_40006ca2d4_h.jpg

17909629969_edeb5954cf_h.jpg

I am in love….BBQ the way it is supposed to be…messy and delicious.

JayT said:
 I am diggin this, and I probably would not have done so if it not for you GM.  Thanks for the inspiration.

Heartily seconded. There's no way I'm gonna win this, but it was an excuse for my wife and me to tear up the kitchen like we are notorious for doing. We had a lot of fun and have a metric shit-ton of leftovers! Pulled pork huevos rancheros for breakfast, sliders for lunch yesterday, pulled pork and refried bean tostadas for dinner yesterday, pulled pork burritos for dinner tonight... And a crowd to cheer me on! You guys are like my "virtual" neighbors that keep peeking over the hedge to see what's cooking. Would it kill you to bring a beer now and then?! These smells ain't free, you know!
     I fucking love this place!

I'll be working overnight tonight, from oogling all this awesome all afternoon.

I pretty much can't work - and I need to work. Trust.

That slider's speaking to me. I think it's the cheddar and onions, or maybe the shrooms working into the meat.

It's rustic and mini ... I like it.

Is the pasta wheat, or is that balsamic, or ? ...

tctenten said:
attachicon.gif
IMG_5114.JPG

attachicon.gif
IMG_5121.JPG

attachicon.gif
IMG_5123.JPG

attachicon.gif
IMG_5120.JPG

Burgers for dinner tonight.  Chopped mushrooms, salt, pepper & worcestershire sauce mixed into the ground beef.  Red onion sautéed in bacon fat, smoked cheddar and the last of last years jalapeño pickles on top.  Homemade sourdough hamburger buns(need to work on this) toasted on the inside to avoid #toastgate.  

Guh....

grantmichaels said:
I'll be working overnight tonight, from oogling all this awesome all afternoon.

I pretty much can't work - and I need to work. Trust.

That slider's speaking to me. I think it's the cheddar and onions, or maybe the shrooms working into the meat.

It's rustic and mini ... I like it.

Is the pasta wheat, or is that balsamic, or ? ...
Balsamic.

grantmichaels said:
Awesome. Food hacks welcome.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432589653.852966.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432589700.322327.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432589715.625233.jpg

Searzall'd leftover paneer curry tacos and Gulden Draak.

Breaking the tortilla/Belgian rule, I guess.
Need some fixins on them thangs.
tctenten said:
IMG_5114.JPG

IMG_5121.JPG

IMG_5123.JPG

IMG_5120.JPG

Burgers for dinner tonight.  Chopped mushrooms, salt, pepper & worcestershire sauce mixed into the ground beef.  Red onion sautéed in bacon fat, smoked cheddar and the last of last years jalapeño pickles on top.  Homemade sourdough hamburger buns(need to work on this) toasted on the inside to avoid #toastgate.  
Good call on the cheddar. That's looks tasty.

grantmichaels said:
It ain't always pretty, but it always gets did.

One of the (few) benefits of being self employed and having a kitchen.....I'm not going to get fired for drinking on the job while labeling bottles!  :lol:

although there are quite a few times I consider firing myself from the electrical business.......:banghead:......

Oh my , everyone posting some goodies.... here's all i'm left with lol

Pork chops seasoned with pink Himalayan salt, mc cormicks Belgian wheat ale seasoning and some JHP Caribbean blend powder. Turned out pretty good  though not as fancy as all that above me 

I don't know what I was thinking I should have cut the meat before I packed it for work. Broke two plastic knives and a fork trying to cut that up lol, mushies and onions worked ok in the microwave though

That fancy plate ware

Fck it, folded like a taco it is

Back